View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 211 of 619 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I understand Marvel wants Cyclops love life to be complicated but they should at least let him be a good dad.
    I think we could really unite all Scott fans behind Dad!Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh... Bruce record as a dad had become pretty spotty when we hit the 2000s, i mean they are many good moments, but also a lot of bad ones.
    Like sleeping with one of his sons girlfriend getting her pregnant and telling him when they are fighting? Barbara this is not what you do with your almost father in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think we could really unite all Scott fans behind Dad!Scott.
    I will be the numberone fan if they give him a beard.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Lovely

10chara
    Thanks!! Side note some on Imgur do not care for Cyke lol.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

I will be the numberone fan if they give him a beard.
    Beard, dad jokes, restoring an old car with his kids, let him evolve Marvel!

Like sleeping with one of his sons girlfriend getting her pregnant and telling him when they are fighting? Barbara this is not what you do with your almost father in law.
    Well, that's pretty bad, but no (that's just from the TAS universe anyway), lets just that he doesn't really like act like a dad when he really should and have been pretty manipulative toward his "sons" more than once, sometimes he gets better, but not as much as he should.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well, that's pretty bad, but no (that's just from the TAS universe anyway), lets just that he doesn't really like act like a dad when he really should and have been pretty manipulative toward his "sons" more than once, sometimes he gets better, but not as much as he should.
    That ruined that universe for me. What’s with the people putting Babs with Bruce or Tim? Wtf? Why do writers love to just f*ck with their audience?

I don’t like it whether it’s at Marvel or DC.

That ruined that universe for me. What’s with the people putting Babs with Bruce or Tim? Wtf? Why do writers love to just f*ck with their audience?
    In TAS, Timm wanted Bruce to do something so mess up that he would break things with the family and sort of highlight his flaws as a man (both Bruce and Barbara considered the whole thing a mistake), to be fair before Crisis, Barbara was closer to Bruce on age than Dick (she was working as a congreswoman in Metropolis if i remember correctly and Dick was a college student barely in the legal age), so i guest that i could see some fans seeing something between those 2 based in the time period. Tim in the Arkham games is.... weird, like i don't really get why it happened, it just did.... to the confussion of the entire world.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Beard, dad jokes, restoring an old car with his kids, let him evolve Marvel!
    I really love scruffyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, I guess that UXM #14 preview settles the "is the current Scogan homoeroticism intentional or not" debate.
    Personally I'm a fan. When I first got into the X-books I was like 'I really love this dynamic that Cyke and Wolvie have.' You know what happened soon after that? Schism. Finally their getting back to one of the things I was liking so yay.

[QUOTE=JeisonWolf;4250772]Great job!!

Thanks!!

Side note I really hope they don't reduce everything back to the way they were in the 90s. Particularly putting Xavier back in charge that seems like a bad idea. When he came back did Xavier show any sign that he learned not to mess with people's memmories willy nilly? Have any of you guys listened to the plumming the death star podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Personally I'm a fan. When I first got into the X-books I was like 'I really love this dynamic that Cyke and Wolvie have.' You know what happened soon after that? Schism. Finally their getting back to one of the things I was liking so yay.
    Agree they should have complementary roles not antagonic ones, and I'm saying this as someone who is not particularly fond of Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Side note I really hope they don't reduce everything back to the way they were in the 90s. Particularly putting Xavier back in charge that seems like a bad idea. When he came back did Xavier show any sign that he learned not to mess with people's memmories willy nilly? Have any of you guys listened to the plumming the death star podcast?
    Yes, if there is something I dislike is giving power back to those who previously abused of it, and didn't learn anything of their mistakes. I don't think that Xavier should be trusted again with the rulership of the school. And Cyclops shouldn't be forced to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Great job!!

Completely agree with this! especially the latter, reverts the roles and many things that look good or it's okay that a woman does would be seriously criticized if made by a man.
    This is what I've said for a long time. What is consent to a psychic? It's like having Speech +10 in an RPG. In Mass Effect I talked the Bad guy into killing himself with a speech check. With that kind of Power what choice did Scott really have? What choice does Anyone have? What is free will with that kind of Ability. Coatl says Scott shares some of the blame but does he? Was it even his idea to go to Emma in the first place? The only thing controlling a Physics impulses is the Psychic. Think about that scene in the first X-men movie where Xavier leads Wolverine to his office. Where was Wolverine's choice there? But no one goes there cause it's too icky a subject to think about. These aren't the droids your looking for.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So. Finally dropped by the shop earlier tonight to pick up and X-Force (why, lol?) and the employees put a copy of the UXM:Winter's End one-shot aside since they didn't know if it counted as a legit UXM one-shot from my pull list. Can't stand the Bobster, but I figured I'd buy it and get an update on all the "character work" from the past few years.

Long story short, there is absolutely zero need to update Bobby's status as part of Cyke's gay harem. The bobster still has maaajooor issues with Cyke getting it on with women, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Agree they should have complementary roles not antagonic ones, and I'm saying this as someone who is not particularly fond of Wolverine.

Yes, if there is something I dislike is giving power back to those who previously abused of it, and didn't learn anything of their mistakes. I don't think that Xavier should be trusted again with the rulership of the school. And Cyclops shouldn't be forced to accept it.
    If he does I hope he get's a different Xmen team from Cyclops and Wolvie. Having them both under the guys thumb would be really terrible moral wise unless Xavier is once again fall into bad habbits and be confronted about it. If he comes back he's at a place in which he: 1.) has not recognized that going around mentally violiating friend and foe for his agenda is inexcusiable. 2.) He's coming back to a world that has made a marytr/saint out of him. This excellent set up for legit path to abuse of power. That is if they stick with continuity.

Cyke had a lot power when he led the X-Men it was actually all of his worries and ability to recognize that he isn't infalliable. Scott tends to admits and recognizes when he did wrong. Even when he doesn't make a complete heel turn he tends to take responisiblity for the conseques and see the moral complexity in the world. That and many of the questionable things he had to do happened under extreme circumstances for the sake of his people's survival.

Charles did some terrible things that you really can't excuse. What he did to Danger, Wolverine, Cyclops etc. Even in AvX how Xavier handled possesed Scott was the opposite of exerocism 101. I'm not trying to bash his character but unless his character and telepaths in general are held accountable for that kind of thing then that's pretty messed up.

Continuity also makes me think that Cyclops and Wolverine wouldn't stay under Xavier for long if at all. They are too used to leading a team on their own to submit to Xavier's authority. It'd be like moving back in with your parents when your grown and had independance. This is why Cyke and Wolvie are more on equal as was Emma, Magneto etc. Cyke's actually really good at not being too overbearing and trusting his team. X-men follow Cyke because if you need a plan, Cyke's your man. Since most often his plans do work people tend to listen to him.

It would be interesting if Cyke and Wolvie end leading a team of the few that don't want to play ball with Xavier. It would mean them being the Black Sheep of the Xmen but would also make them more flexible. I could see Xavier and Magneto commencing their war again, while Wolvie and Cyke lead a small team or renegades/underdogs. I really like how they are being forced to improvise and are working out of Harry's Hideaway etc and being complex morality wise. Anyway I could see current Cyke joining the Avengers before falling back in the same place he was in the 90s.

As for plumbing the death star their episodes about the X-men are pretty funny. Especially the one about Xavier and the one about what if Xavier was in charge of the Avengers. This guy does a really funny professor X impression. Sorry that got so long. Do any of you guys know how to do a read more line or something?

BANNED

I don’t like it whether it’s at Marvel or DC.
    In TAS, Timm wanted Bruce to do something so mess up that he would break things with the family and sort of highlight his flaws as a man (both Bruce and Barbara considered the whole thing a mistake), to be fair before Crisis, Barbara was closer to Bruce on age than Dick (she was working as a congreswoman in Metropolis if i remember correctly and Dick was a college student barely in the legal age), so i guest that i could see some fans seeing something between those 2 based in the time period. Tim in the Arkham games is.... weird, like i don't really get why it happened, it just did.... to the confussion of the entire world.
    Bruce, Dick,Tim next barbs will date damien.

As for being a responsible telepath, I think it could be possible you would just have to try to do as little of the manipulative kind of stuff. I actually think Emma and Cyke relationship became pretty mature about this by the end of Whedon's Astonishing. Being confrunted by the tragressions of others, Cyke having really strong defenses against telepathic attack by then and Emma having been manipulated by others as well. Part of why I hope they don't just reduce her back to out and out villian.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Bruce, Dick,Tim next barbs will date damien.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 03-16-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: I want gif to work, oh well