View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 226 of 619 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Can't remember which issue it was, specifically, only that it was one of those leading up to AvX. In it, Hope was getting anxious about the impending return of the PF, Cyke attempts to talk to her, then she blasts Cyke before taking off to San Francisco to bust some...thugs I think? Can't remember exactly anymore. Ended somehow with Cyke and Emma consoling her. If I recall correctly, that wasn't the first time either that Hope blasted Cyke with his own powers lol

As for Cyke's immunity, I get the feeling it's been retconned. I mean, earliest instance off the top of my head was Vulcan redirecting Cyke's blast back onto himself, knocking him out long enough for a prime kidnapping.
    The way to justify this would be, taking into account that Havok's power doesn't hurt him because they are brothers, when his powers are mimiked by anyone else he doesn't have the same inmunity (and Vulcan was an energy manipulator, not emiter, so he could change his blast so that it hurts him)
    (To give an actual explanation they would have to decide once and for all whether Cyclops's blasts are made by solar energy absorption or by accessing the punch dimension, perhaps now that he will lose an eye they could define it)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Any bets for Cyke trying to talk to Hope only to get blasted in the face with his own powers again? XD
    Banshee: "Hold on, lad, was that really necessary? There seems to be a lot of blood for what you referred to as a non-leth... Well, to be honest, I'm just no quite sure I'm seeing the self-defense angle her... No, young lady, I genuinely do not think Scott Summers was trying to murder you with a spee... Oh, kill'em all? What, no, I'm not implying I've chosen the wrong team nor am I subtly signaling the younger Rasputing to please get me the hell out of dodge."

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The way to justify this would be, taking into account that Havok's power doesn't hurt him because they are brothers, when his powers are mimiked by anyone else he doesn't have the same inmunity (and Vulcan was an energy manipulator, not emiter, so he could change his blast so that it hurts him)
    (To give an actual explanation they would have to decide once and for all whether Cyclops's blasts are made by solar energy absorption or by accessing the punch dimension, perhaps now that he will lose an eye they could define it)
    What is this about losing an eye? What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    What is this about losing an eye? What have I missed?
    On the covers of the following comics he is seen receiving an impact on the eye and in the following that eye is covered by a bandage.

Regarding the powers, I like a mixture between both. Solar energy is used to open the portals to the punch dimension. In fact Ewing made canon the punch dimension with America Chavez, god bless him.

About Cyclops having a bandage over his eye, i'm not sure why, but i think that Kawannon (also known as Betsy Asian body) is going to be responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    About Cyclops having a bandage over his eye, i'm not sure why, but i think that Kawannon (also known as Betsy Asian body) is going to be responsible for that.
    On the cover it looks like a shot or something. It could even be a Banshee shockwave. It does not seem like anything about her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    On the cover it looks like a shot or something. It could even be a Banshee shockwave. It does not seem like anything about her.
    Don't know how that actually works.Isn't the optic blast supposed to repel it.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Don't know how that actually works.Isn't the optic blast supposed to repel it.
    If he is shot with something more powerful than the blast, no.

In fact, the blast may have been the difference between "Losing an eye" and "Instant death".

In fact, the blast may have been the difference between "Losing an eye" and "Instant death".
    I agree, but what would be more powerful than Cyke's optic blast? I know it's not full-power, but still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I agree, but what would be more powerful than Cyke's optic blast? I know it's not full-power, but still.
    Exactly. I don't think anything powerful than optic blast in the opposition team.
    Maybe one of those lame "I can't get a clear shot" case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Well, they could also shoot him while he's with his eyes closed. In that case, it would destroy all the tissue around the eye, making the bandage necessary. If he loses his eyelid, he would even need the bandage to incorporate ruby quartz. The eye itself would remain intact but everything else could kill him from an infection if he does not treat it well.

Scott will get shot by the same plot bullet Brubaker used to kill Cap. That's what Steve's gonna tell him to watch out for next issue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

AvsX. Rachel joined Scott because she knew that the Phoenix could be controlled. They had a talk, Scott reaffirmed that he considered her his daughter and he loved her and Rachel asked him if the Phoenix ever talked about her.
    Do you guys know where did this happen?
    in which issue?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

You should've saved that line for Scott's trying-to-have-a-civil-discussion-getting-sniped-for-his-trouble reunion with Hope.
    Darn, I wasted a perfectly good pun too prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Do you guys know where did this happen?
    in which issue?
    I honestly have no clue, but if no one knows here, someone in the Rachel thread might know.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

On the covers of the following comics he is seen receiving an impact on the eye and in the following that eye is covered by a bandage.

Regarding the powers, I like a mixture between both. Solar energy is used to open the portals to the punch dimension. In fact Ewing made canon the punch dimension with America Chavez, god bless him.
    Aaah okay thank you.

A revenge for not paying attention to her in the 90's?