View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 229 of 619 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He had a Jeen Scott story planned it's shut down by marvel for reason and because he's leaving, Scott was supossed to have a Bigger role along with jeen and the Phoenix
    Do you know some more details about this? It would have been interesting to see a little more of the relationship Jean (in this case Jeen), Phoenix and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    morrison
    didn't do anything "worse" or horrible to Scott.
    He just attached a couple of balls to Scott
    that's all.
    then he should have sued for divorce as soon as he started the affair, that's what having balls means .
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not think Hickman treated Scott badly. He basically made him the most important mutant of the whole event (Apart from Namor). In fact he in Secret Wars serves to represent the need for restarts and start something new.

Yes, Doom killed him, but that was because Hickman needed something to show how powerful he was and the Phoenix was the strongest thing he had on hand.
    Hickman liked Scott so much, he basically made him mutantkind's version of a heroic Doom.

And Hickman absolutely loves Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman liked Scott so much, he basically made him mutantkind's version of a heroic Doom.

And Hickman absolutely loves Doom.
    Yes, in Secret Wars Cyclops is the one that is thematically opposed to Doom. Reed represents the intermediate point that is supposed to be correct but symbolically Scott is very important in Secret Wars.

I always liked the theory that Cyclops death in Secret Wars was commentary on the state of the X-books at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I always liked the theory that Cyclops death in Secret Wars was commentary on the state of the X-books at that time.
    You can read it as that or you can read it as the rejection of the idea of making a total reset to the universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, in Secret Wars Cyclops is the one that is thematically opposed to Doom. Reed represents the intermediate point that is supposed to be correct but symbolically Scott is very important in Secret Wars.
    Doom is "I'm gonna save what I can and hold it as close to the chest as possible"
    Scott is "I'm gonna let everything burn and restart it in a better way"
    Reed is "I'm gonna save everything, keeping the base but improving it however I can"

Yeah, that sounds completely right within the context.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, I'm sorta disappointed Cyke got himself a haircut and shave for that Hickman promo shot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Each series will be released on an alternate weekly schedule, starting with HOUSE OF X, followed by POWERS OF X. Fans will be able to follow along each week this summer and witness history unfold."
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nd-powers-of-x

Pic with good quality:
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Gotta say, I'm sorta disappointed Cyke got himself a haircut and shave for that Hickman promo shot.
    Re-posted the post in the other thread for context.

Also, I really don't know what to think with what I'm looking at. What's with all the "Age of ____" series popping up? And why's Cyke still rocking his 90s diapers? :X
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I can't get excited for this. I liked Hickman's Secret Warriors and the little material he had on Cyke during TRO was neat but this is another nauseating event in a almost monthly line of events.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Re-posted the post in the other thread for context.

Also, I really don't know what to think with what I'm looking at. What's with all the "Age of ____" series popping up? And why's Cyke still rocking his 90s diapers? :X
    At least it's not a head condom.
    Plus Cyke's supposed to get a new costume.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    At least it's not a head condom.
    Plus Cyke's supposed to get a new costume.
    Oh, no doubt. But 90s diapers? Not my cup of tea either.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    And why's Cyke still rocking his 90s diapers? :X
    I think it may have to do with this "These two new series—written by Jonathan Hickman with art by Young Gun Pepe Larraz, R.B. Silva, and colorist Marte Gracia— will build from every major X-Men milestone since 1963 up through the current X-Men series and storylines fans know and love, including some of our most iconic characters from over the decades. "

Most characters seem to be using their most iconic outfits, though Jean having her classic one instead of the Phoenix and Rachel having the Phoenix even though Jean is more iconic with it seem to indicate that they are going to continue separating her from it, a good choice IMO, it fixes the problem both characters have with Jean stories fixating too much on it and Rachel having no role with Jean on the team. They also said that everything it's there for a purpose, Emma having her black outfit, but being among heroes seems to me indicates that she will stick with her anti-hero role
    Scott having his 90's costume if I had to bet does show that they will keep on the current characterization, which I honestly like though I know many don't.
    And I really hope that OG Cable being there instead of Wi-Fi means that they will start aging him if not bring him back, I gotta admit that the concept of this new Cable is interesting, and it does create a new oportunity for Scott to be a dad again, but OG Cable has too much history with too many characters as to throw it away

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I can't get excited for this. I liked Hickman's Secret Warriors and the little material he had on Cyke during TRO was neat but this is another nauseating event in a almost monthly line of events.
    I can understand that, but Cyclops has only been back since January, I don't mind him getting a lot of spotlight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I can understand that, but Cyclops has only been back since January, I don't mind him getting a lot of spotlight.
    Methinks it's less about spotlight, and more of event-fatigue. It's like the X-Office is trying to bury their trash with events so they won't have to address their previous shenanigans/elephants in the room.

Granted, I guess we just have to wait for more information to come.
    Let your wallet talk.