View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 236 of 619 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That would pretty much be a do over of X-Factor. That I could support. It's not so much that I think Scott needs to be in charge of the entire X-Men line, but he does need to be in charge of whatever unit he's operating in. Of course there still Charles floating around out here. The idea that Charles will be back in charge is the one element of these "predictions" that I find hardest to believe.
    To be honest, I feel that a majority of those predictions were circulatory ideas at that time. I'm not sure it's entirely accurate now, especially with the X-men's movie rights with Disney.

At the very least, I don't want a redo of Tyke, where he avoids leadership and amounts to very little. A small separate team feels like an option I'd be open for. If not, why bother bringing him back?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yep, very refreshing, and she’s right about that other crappy video. I might have to check out the rest of her stuff.
    Yep, unfortunately there was another recent Cyke video in the recommended that acted as another hit piece. Seems to be a common trend these days, especially since they all have inaccurate information.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, for what i heard, Hickman is a big fan of Magneto and Charles, so maybe some sort of conflict between Scott and Xavier could arrise from this.
    Charles was asked to leave for some very good reasons. I don't know what he's done since then that changes that. Scott's guilt about the part he played in killing him maybe? Seems sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be honest, I feel that a majority of those predictions were circulatory ideas at that time. I'm not sure it's entirely accurate now, especially with the X-men's movie rights with Disney.

At the very least, I don't want a redo of Tyke, where he avoids leadership and amounts to very little. A small separate team feels like an option I'd be open for. If not, why bother bringing him back?
    Exactly!

Unfortunately there's only one reason I can think of to bring him back but have him abdicate leadership and that's to legitimize some one else's...

That's pretty much leadership by a different name though isn't it? Look, I agree that Scott needs this. I wrote a verily long post to that effect in this thread a few days ago. I'm struggling to see how his personality and methods make sense in the context of zero responsibility. Retirement is out of the question. The only way I could see that happening is if he gets back together with Jean and they decide this is right for them both. This isn't crazy considering the fallout from OZT almost got them there I think. I don't recall any significant X-Men who's ever retired though and I can't imagine Jean hanging up her spurs this quickly after coming back.
    Yeah, which is to say that I think Scott works best as a leader.

Yep, unfortunately there was another recent Cyke video in the recommended that acted as another hit piece. Seems to be a common trend these days, especially since they all have inaccurate information.

Honestly i never was a big fan of Scott growing up, but i never understood the vitriol directed to him, i mean he was nothing especial from my perspective, but there was nothing about him that i found hateable or awfull, he seemed like an ok guy. This days i still not among his brigade of followers, but i get his appeal more, is kind of frustrating seeing so many people hating him, but at least he has decent defense squad, even in youtube channels.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Charles was asked to leave for some very good reasons. I don't know what he's done since then that changes that. Scott's guilt about the part he played in killing him maybe? Seems sketchy.
    Maybe they are going to retcon what happened with Vulcan and that "in between" X-Men team?.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You know, a comic with Scott spending quality time with Rachel and Kid Cable with the Starjammers could be a good reason for him to temporarily abandon the X-Men.

After keeping afloat "the dream" in Uncanny, he decides that after resurrecting he wants to take things slowly and make up for lost time with the family. It would be an evolution with respect to what he was like in X-Factor and a good reason to see him abandon leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You know, a comic with Scott spending quality time with Rachel and Kid Cable with the Starjammers could be a good reason for him to temporarily abandon the X-Men.

After keeping afloat "the dream" in Uncanny, he decides that after resurrecting he wants to take things slowly and make up for lost time with the family. It would be an evolution with respect to what he was like in X-Factor and a good reason to see him abandon leadership.

Tell Me Why~it won't happen cause that would be nice.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Basically, the Summers family book we've all wanted for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Tell Me Why~it won't happen cause that would be nice.
    Because i need new material for a Cyclops montage with Three Days of Grace songs, sorry, but the public had spoken!!

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Because i need new material for a Cyclops montage with Three Days of Grace songs, sorry, but the public had spoken!!

What everyone thinks about Cyclops.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Basically, the Summers family book we've all wanted for so long.
    And for when they want to bring him back to the X-men, he can always arrive like the cavalry in an event with the spaceship to save the day.

A perfect plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

What everyone thinks about Cyclops.
    I don't hate him AJ, i just...want to destroy his smile .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Him giving up on leadership for Jean as Tyke did in Blue will help solidify her position as the top dog. And then he can have fun moping over her choosing Bishop over him.

Fun times ahead.