View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 241 of 619 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, and if the situation calls for it, Scott will lead if necessary, as in House of M he organized the assault against Magneto.

But if in any circumstance he knows that he is not the most suitable leader for a certain problem, he is smart enough to take a step back. He knows that when Age of X-Man end, there are too many people with whom he can not work reasonably.

How will Scott lead Ororo, Beast or Iceman after everything they did to him? He can not trust them.
    Scott was leading Iceman in DoX. He's currently leading Wolverine whom he had even bigger issues with. I dont see why it would be a big deal to have him with Beast and Storm. Its way been past time to move on from that stuff and Marvel and the characters appear to have

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Why are we all forgetting Kitty is the actual leader? When AoXM silliness ends she comes back. It be up to her to give it up. She would feel guilty of the mess that was AOXM and give it to Logan.
    She wasnt elected or anything and besides there can be multiple leaders

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Why are we all forgetting Kitty is the actual leader? When AoXM silliness ends she comes back. It be up to her to give it up. She would feel guilty of the mess that was AOXM and give it to Logan.
    Huh, I thought Jean became defacto leader during the pre-AoXM UXM relaunch? Didn't she have her "To me, my X-Men!" moment?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Moira and Bill will lead.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Huh, I thought Jean became defacto leader during the pre-AoXM UXM relaunch? Didn't she have her "To me, my X-Men!" moment?
    Nah Jean stepped up bc Kitty was kidnapped but Kitty is still the head honcho. There was no transfer of power

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I enjoyed Morrison's run, but the logical follow-through to Apocalypse-possession should've been Jean and Scott's family and friends helping him rehabilitate if they could. Scott and Emma were great when they were good, but I'm not ignorant enough to think that the transition from Jott to Scemma was well-written. Jean wouldn't have let Scott fall into the mess that he did so Emma wouldn't have had an opportunity to mess with their marriage.
    Weirdly, as one that struggles with depression and anxiety herowise you think she should be their for Scott but often that's not how things work out in real life. The people you think would be their for you or understand often don't and you can't expect repricocity. Even worse their are people that will take advantage or use things like that against a personal advantage. People also have their own issues that influence their behavior which can either be good or bad for you. There is also a lot of stigma towards mental health problems then and there still is. Not to mention other factors such as percieved gender roles/stereotypes (Not to get all tumblr on you' all) but it's a probably a subconcious factor here.

Part of it could be Scott's own percieved self-reliance and percieved ability to deal with these things himself. That and the whole stereotype that guys are supposed to be in the culture they were raised in and or which were still previelant in Morrison's run. Plus Jean was dealing or rather not dealing with being possessed by an outside force. Sometimes experience can help one help another going through a similar thing but not always. It's a natural self-protective instinct when one is suffering to shut out things that will aggravate the siituation. They could have benefitted from sharing eachothers burdens or it could have made things worse.

That and the continued trope of the other 05 expecting Scott to remain who he was as a teenager which is really messed up and I'd like to talk more on psychologically unhealthy it is. I'll save it for a later comment though.

This is also why Emma isn't really the one to help Cyke either though him knowing she didn't judge or hate the darker aspects of him led to him being in a relationship when he was a better place psychologically. In that run it was actually Wolverine that was helpful to Cyke. Like a older vetran helping a younger one. Wolverine probably knew better than anyone that Cyke needed to talk about it or at least know that he had someone he could turn to if he neeeded.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Oh and got the first page of this scogan comic done. It's an illustration of a short missing scene character analysis very mild shipping. https://imgur.com/gallery/QodcyYp

I reread some of the Utopia era comics particularlly when Beast leaves. It got me thinking how weird his whole thing with Scott is. How he is obessed with rubbing in how he has changed. Other shows have had characters change drastically overtime but most of the other characters don't torture eachother like that. Like in Stargate SG1 I can't imagine Sam rubbing in Daniel Jackson's face that he has become much more morally grey/pragmatic because that would be a dickish thing for a friend to do to another and massively hypocritical because she has also changed in a simalar manner.

The funny thing is that I don't think it effects Scott like Beast thinks. His youngerself had flaws as well and his olderself is better in a lot of ways that Cyke couldn't not see even with the self-hate. Furthermore I don't think this actually has anything to do with Scott. Long story short I think, instead of dealing with his own issues, Beast is taking out his own self-hatred of how he himself has changed on Scott instead of dealing with it in a healthy manner.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Fun theory:

If Hickman changes X-hiatory drastically & given the fact that both maddie & stryfe is a no show in the promo;they don't exist. Nathan/cable is a descended of Summers line instead of Scott's son.However, Scott & jean did raise him in the future, that's why nathan consider them as parents, but they weren't married.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If Captain America can cede leadership to someone else on a team for years and years without his presence, importance, or skills being diminished, there is no reason it can't work for Cyclops or Mister Fantastic or Leonardo or Paul McCartney. Just come up with a reason and then do the writey good.
    That's kind of a false equivalence because Cap is his own brand, with his own book, rogue's gallery and supporting cast. Cyclops was never given that and it's too late in the game to try and changing it. He also has an out from the Hydra stuff thanks to Stevil being a separate entity. Cyclops doesn't have that.

Also, it's the current X-Office. There's no way he'll be written as anything but a mutt who gets kicked around. It's sad that this is also the main reason I'm kind of attached to Rosenberg's run, but it's how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Fun theory:

If Hickman changes X-hiatory drastically & given the fact that both maddie & stryfe is a no show in the promo;they don't exist. Nathan/cable is a descended of Summers line instead of Scott's son.However, Scott & jean did raise him in the future, that's why nathan consider them as parents, but they weren't married.
    If he's not Maddie and Scott's kid, he'd have to be Jean and Scott's. Otherwise he'd look different right? So is that what you're saying and if so, what practical difference would that make? If you're angling toward reducing the the linkage between Jean and Scott, I doubt this makes much of a difference, and in fact might pull them closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That's kind of a false equivalence because Cap is his own brand, with his own book, rogue's gallery and supporting cast. Cyclops was never given that and it's too late in the game to try and changing it. He also has an out from the Hydra stuff thanks to Stevil being a separate entity. Cyclops doesn't have that.

Also, it's the current X-Office. There's no way he'll be written as anything but a mutt who gets kicked around. It's sad that this is also the main reason I'm kind of attached to Rosenberg's run, but it's how things are.
    It would really just come down to how and why it's done in the end, so we better make a blood sacrifice to ensure that we aren't deprived of engaging Clops content no matter what.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Steve is blamed for Stevil all the time, although it was not his fault. Just in today's Invaders comic they do it.

What I'm thinking is that the X-men have a lot of unused potential for individual series. Only Wolverine has one but characters like Scott, Jean or Ororo think they could have successful series by themselves. Probably with the movies this will improve.
    Last edited by Glio; 03-27-2019 at 12:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    If you're angling toward reducing the the linkage between Jean and Scott.......
    Wasn't trying to do that.Just saw no maddie & stryfe on the promo.
    So,made a fun theory about throwing all convoluted clones & time travel staff away.If hickman is working on it for a year so that's before kid cable.Maybe kid cable showed up because of sudden change in timeline.

And it's just a theory.

There's litereally TONS of characters in X-history not on that promo art. I wouldnt put much into that. Stryfe and Maddie arent really that significant and dont tend to play major roles in X-events so them not being there doesnt mean much

I do not think there's going to be a cosmic retcon, we're just going to discover something that gives us a new perspective on some things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It would really just come down to how and why it's done in the end, so we better make a blood sacrifice to ensure that we aren't deprived of engaging Clops content no matter what.
    I'll start gathering the goats.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Steve is blamed for Stevil all the time, although it was not his fault. Just in today's Invaders comic they do it.

What I'm thinking is that the X-men have a lot of unused potential for individual series. Only Wolverine has one but characters like Scott, Jean or Ororo think they could have successful series by themselves. Probably with the movies this will improve.
    Blaming Steve for Secret Empire is kind of foolish and I hope Chip is framing it with the person saying it coming out as wrong. SE works to deconstruct Cap's image of infallible and the hero everyone should trust, but his and Stevil's actions are separate.

Also, I really doubt Scott's potential for a solo series. I consider him a way more engaging character than Jean, but she could probably carry a solo better than him.