View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 282 of 619 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 9276
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I wouldn't quite say Marvel's been portraying her as the perfect girlfriend, but by Yana's Dark Lords, Scott and Emma got the job done with/out the rest of the JGS. Sometimes just with the two of them.
    I did refer to it as a retcon, rather than an actual portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I did refer to it as a retcon, rather than an actual portrayal.
    But what recon? The last mentions to Emma / Scott were in X-Men Blue (where she looks like a monster) and Iceman (where Bobby says Emma corrupted Scott).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But what recon? The last mentions to Emma / Scott were in X-Men Blue (where she looks like a monster) and Iceman (where Bobby says Emma corrupted Scott).
    The retcon of Emma herself seemingly remembering herself as the best, most honest, most devoted LI ever.

Heck, that's pretty what pissed off Scott when she made her let's-get-back-together move, didn't it?

Emma being narcissistic is not retcon, that's like saying that she breathes.

BANNED

Im starting to think the only reason Scott and Emma were broken up was to create drama between Jeen an Tyke. If they were together there would be no will or won’t they between Jeen and Tyke because it would be a foregone conclusion that Scott would end up with Emma therefore no need for Soap Opera antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Im starting to think the only reason Scott and Emma were broken up was to create drama between Jeen an Tyke. If they were together there would be no will or won’t they between Jeen and Tyke because it would be a foregone conclusion that Scott would end up with Emma therefore no need for Soap Opera antics.
    They broke up after AVX and before the 05 came around. Cyclops actually though it might have been Emma who did it to torture him, but it was Beast.

BANNED

I meant stayed broken up. In the early issues of UXM she attempted a reunion where he rebuked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Im starting to think the only reason Scott and Emma were broken up was to create drama between Jeen an Tyke.
    Emma cheating on him with Namor and Scott trying to kill her in order to steal her Phoenix powers did not help...

Emma being narcissistic is not retcon, that's like saying that she breathes.
    I did say "the best, most honest, most devoted LI". Emma getting all belittling/hilariously passive-aggressive over Scott being a "weakling" is one thing. But the whole "perfect girlfriend/victim" is a whole other level of crazy.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Emma cheating on him with Namor and Scott trying to kill her in order to steal her Phoenix powers did not help...
    Yes, but none of them can be blamed for that anymore than Jean can for committing genocide, since they weren't in their right minds. It really did feel forced.

On the one hand x-office wants us to think that Scott is a villain, on the other hand they also want Emma to look like a villain so I do not know where they're going to go.
    I think they want to play "Scott was a villain, Emma IS a villain" as the narrative.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think they want to play "Scott was a villain, Emma IS a villain" as the narrative.
    Ah, I can imagine Emma proposing a plan that neither Scott nor Emma in their revolutionary stage would have approved, Scott refusing to do it and Emma saying that he has changed.

Ah, I can imagine Emma proposing a plan that neither Scott nor Emma in their revolutionary stage would have approved, Scott refusing to do it and Emma saying that he has changed.
    And, in order to play the Scott was a villain card fully, he'll turn it down by saying "That's not who I am anymore."

It appears Marvel is going with 'Facts don't matter' as the basis for their storytelling.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And, in order to play the Scott was a villain card fully, he'll turn it down by saying "That's not who I am anymore."

It appears Marvel is going with 'Facts don't matter' as the basis for their storytelling.
    Emma: We could cancel the vaccine if we sacrifice twenty human babies to Dormammu
    Scott: I'm not that person anymore, I've CHANGED, I'm BETTER THAN BEFORE.

"Join me, Scott! We'll launch more Spider-Man books! More Punisher books! MORE CONAN BOOKS!"

"NO, EMMA, NO! THE 90'S ARE OVER! THE REVOLUTION IS OVER!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate