View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 297 of 619 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How do you know that? Is there any interview or something?
    Have you seen how Hickman wrote Scott?

Revolutionary Scott is the kind of morally ambiguous character who sacrifices everything that is for the good of others that Hickman loves. Apart from Namor, Scott was the most important mutant in all of Secret Wars.

I still think that the fact that Hickman Scott is wearing his revolutionary blue suit has to mean something, just as his nineties suit is now because Rosenberg wants him to be the same as he was in the nineties.
    Last edited by Glio; 04-19-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bring on the Retcon!!
    All of the AOXM make it go away and emo Cyclops.
    Last edited by DianaWw; 04-19-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Revolutionary Scott is the kind of morally ambiguous character who sacrifices everything that is for the good of others that Hickman loves. Apart from Namor, Scott was the most important mutant in all of Secret Wars.

I still think that the fact that Hickman Scott is wearing his revolutionary blue suit has to mean something, just as his nineties suit is now because Rosenberg wants him to be the same as he was in the nineties.
    I have better hope for Hickman, as for Rosenberg he began okay and it has taken a bad turn some where along the way. They keep showing that Scott is not okay but we get no explanation in the book as to what. We just need to come up with our own conclusions like JDW wants us too and then he complains that we make up bad fan fictions.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I have better hope for Hickman, as for Rosenberg he began okay and it has taken a bad turn some where along the way. They keep showing that Scott is not okay but we get no explanation in the book as to what. We just need to come up with our own conclusions like JDW wants us too and then he complains that we make up bad fan fictions.
    The worst thing about JDW is that since he does not dare to point out anything concrete about Scott as wrong (because then we can discuss it), he decides that everything he did was ambiguously wrong. He tries not to be discussed because he does not point to anything.

And that when he does not invent things.

I would not mind so much if he opposed Scott if he was at least brave about it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Also, the one issue in which he wrote AvX had the X-men changing the world for the better with the Avengers having tantrums about it until in the end they make Scott lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They think Scott needs a whole redemption arc, I think they wanted to get it out of their systems before giving him to Hickman.
    I thought that's what Bendis did?

So, they are doing what Morrison did - ignoring previous arcs because they wanted to be the ones who wrote that particular story.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought that's what Bendis did?

So, they are doing what Morrison did - ignoring previous arcs because they wanted to be the ones who wrote that particular story.
    They arent ignoring previous arcs. Thats been acknowledged and Scott has regrets for some of the choices he made. Gaining his teen self's memories and experience has also influenced him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They arent ignoring previous arcs. Thats been acknowledged and Scott has regrets for some of the choices he made. Gaining his teen self's memories and experience has also influenced him
    Except it hasn't. The overwhelming majority of Bendis's run has been ignored or retconned as soon as possible. Emma got her powers back off panel. The cuckoos are identical. Dazzler switched back to her old costume as soon as possible. Dark Beast is alive. And of course the end of the run is completely ignored.

BANNED

The problem isn't ignoring previous runs, it's establishing Cyclops as somebody who thinks everything he ever did as a leader (as the man himself stated in #12) was wrong. And having that point further hammered in by having Alex' complaints of him being the guy who led the X-Men to their doom, then having Scott stepping down to further show he agrees with Alex. They're basically telling readers "hey, remember that you started to like Scott or began to like him even more after Morrison? Well, you were wrong to do that, Cyclops was bad allll along and now you'll pay to read him saying that!".

That's why I'm not too hopeful for Hickman and the redhead's presence in the same book as Scott makes it all the more dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except it hasn't. The overwhelming majority of Bendis's run has been ignored or retconned as soon as possible. Emma got her powers back off panel. The cuckoos are identical. Dazzler switched back to her old costume as soon as possible. Dark Beast is alive. And of course the end of the run is completely ignored.
    Im not talking about other characters; Im talking about Scott and his time in that run has been acknowledged. He's not proud of those decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not talking about other characters; Im talking about Scott and his time in that run has been acknowledged. He's not proud of those decisions
    What decisions? Every single one he made was the correct one, outside the "threaten SHIELD on their helicarrier" at the very start. His other decisions like rescuing Goldballs, Triage, Tempus, Hijack, Deeds, getting Goldballs back from SHIELD, and attacking Dark Beast were completely correct. The threaten SHIELD at the start was the only misstep. But going by the current run, you would think that his only option was to stay in jail and let mutants be torn to pieces because the crew in Westchster sure as hell wasn't helping them.

He is not proud of those decisions that the current books won't go into much detail about (aside from Scott's ghost chessmastering IvX, apparently) because that would screw up the narrative since Scott's team in Brian's run didn't do anything greasy or sketchy, but I guess since they were more isolationist than usual and the X-Men (while unified!) got a bit harder this century we have to treat Scott like he's Iron Man after Civil War. Oh wait, those stories actually made sense and were good.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I outright challenge the X-Office to do the thing from New Avengers where there are like five splash pages showing scenes from previous stories with Wonder Man's commentary explaining how the Avengers' mistakes caused them.

Come up with five things that a group of X-Men with authority from Cyclops did this decade, or even the last, that were wrong and led to later consequences in anyway relevant to the situation today. His spooky ghost doesn't count for IvX because a character says it does, and despite AvX involving Phoenix corruption, they can use that as a freebie.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Every statement about Scott's leadership is pretty much a blanket statement, so as far as Rosenberg is concerned, at least, he was a straight up terrible leader for the X-Men and nothing more. So what exactly does the character have going for him? He is already known a lousy husband, a bad father and the worst leader mutantkind ever had for now.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Every statement about Scott's leadership is pretty much a blanket statement, so as far as Rosenberg is concerned, at least, he was a straight up terrible leader for the X-Men and nothing more. So what exactly does the character have going for him? He is already known a lousy husband, a bad father and the worst leader mutantkind ever had for now.
    It seems they are going with a terrible fighter as well. Standing in place and yelling for help doesn't make him look good at all.

To try and lighten the mood, I'll try to post a sketch today or tomorrow. Don't know what it will be, but I'll try to force something out.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-19-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia