View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 298 of 619 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 9276
    BANNED

The 05 memories are kinda making sense. I definitely see the ramifications. Scott is acting like a Soy Boy like Tyke. Walking into a bullet,stepping down as leader. Doesn’t explain Jean acting like a horny teenager in AoXm because she isn’t supposed to remember anything. All par for the course.
    Last edited by Retcon; 04-19-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What decisions? Every single one he made was the correct one, outside the "threaten SHIELD on their helicarrier" at the very start. His other decisions like rescuing Goldballs, Triage, Tempus, Hijack, Deeds, getting Goldballs back from SHIELD, and attacking Dark Beast were completely correct. The threaten SHIELD at the start was the only misstep. But going by the current run, you would think that his only option was to stay in jail and let mutants be torn to pieces because the crew in Westchster sure as hell wasn't helping them.
    the whole revolutionary phase. I’m not arguing whether it was correct or not. That doesn’t matter. The point is Scott has acknowledged that he has regrets for the way he was and how he acted. That’s the current narrative Marvel is going with

Spectacular Member

What is this Soy Boy nonsense I keep seeing spouted about. Seriously what does this insult even mean.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    What is this Soy Boy nonsense I keep seeing spouted about. Seriously what does this insult even mean.
    People think that soy products like Milk or meat, make men less masculine. crazy right

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I tend to do this quite a bit, but does anyone know a joke? Snoop?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    People think that soy products like Milk or meat, make men less masculine. crazy right
    To add on, it's mostly used a catch all term by Men's Rights Activists along with Cuck.

To add on, it's mostly used a catch all term by Men's Rights Activists along with Cuck.
    I feel like all the weird terminology used these days just needs to be sent into a black hole and forgotten. Everyone seems to bicker for no reason at some point.

That being said, Cyke should create a new clothing line called, 50 shades of red. (It's a bad joke, but it's all I could think of)
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Let us reject such language (and it is also the language of the comicsgate crowd).

On to the comic, I recently read the issue. Again, I think Rosenberg writes Cyclops and Wolverine very well. I am not surprised that this book sells well in relation to the other X-books. I do not mind a tone down Cyclops since I wasn't a huge fan of revolutionary Scott. But I am glad they didn't retcon him. Scott has a new perspective due to Tyke which meant Beast did something useful with bringing the 05 to the present.

I hope the Wolfsbane thing is a fake out. I am interested in what happens next with Scott's team. I hope Banshee somehow returns to normal. I could do without Hope. I also hope that Scott runs into a mutant healer. How long do we expect him to be without an eye?

edit: I obviously thought I was posting in the Uncanny X-men 16 spoiler thread lol lol
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 04-19-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: I don't know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Let us reject such language (and it is also the language of the comicsgate crowd).

On to the comic, I recently read the issue. Again, I think Rosenberg writes Cyclops and Wolverine very well. I am not surprised that this book sells well in relation to the other X-books. I do not mind a tone down Cyclops since I wasn't a huge fan of revolutionary Scott. But I am glad they didn't retcon him. Scott has a new perspective due to Tyke which meant Beast did something useful with bringing the 05 to the present.

I hope the Wolfsbane thing is a fake out. I am interested in what happens next with Scott's team. I hope Banshee somehow returns to normal. I could do without Hope. I also hope that Scott runs into a mutant healer. How long do we expect him to be without an eye?

edit: I obviously thought I was posting in the Uncanny X-men 16 spoiler thread lol lol
    Honestly, I would rather they just retcon everything from Morrison onward away as a bad dream. This crap with Scott screams of trying to appease both sides, and failing miserably at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the whole revolutionary phase. I’m not arguing whether it was correct or not. That doesn’t matter. The point is Scott has acknowledged that he has regrets for the way he was and how he acted. That’s the current narrative Marvel is going with
    They made a narrative decision. But it holds the same weight as saying Colossus is now made of rock candy. Everything written contradicts their narrative, and it shows a massive divide between editorial and the actual writers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I tend to do this quite a bit, but does anyone know a joke? Snoop?
    "Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry X-Office Cyclops Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue. No collusion, no obstruction, COMPLETE EXONERATION!!!"

-Scott Summers, 2019
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Honestly, I would rather they just retcon everything from Morrison onward away as a bad dream. This crap with Scott screams of trying to appease both sides, and failing miserably at it.
    The problem I think is the direction. I'm not sure they know exactly what to do with Scott. They obviously don't want him to act like he used to, but they probably don't want him to regress too much and lose any of the new fan base. As a result, he seems to come off inconsistent and without a particular linear view or ideology. Or, Rosenberg might just be attempting to write a conflicted Scott. Either way, it doesn't really feel like that and what we're left with doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry X-Office Cyclops Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue. No collusion, no obstruction, COMPLETE EXONERATION!!!"

-Scott Summers, 2019
    Well...it's certainly topical. Kinda hoped we could move from political stuff...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

How much deep they're gonna put Scott into?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How much deep they're gonna put Scott into?
    Probably as deep as he can go...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

What decisions? Every single one he made was the correct one, outside the "threaten SHIELD on their helicarrier" at the very start. His other decisions like rescuing Goldballs, Triage, Tempus, Hijack, Deeds, getting Goldballs back from SHIELD, and attacking Dark Beast were completely correct. The threaten SHIELD at the start was the only misstep. But going by the current run, you would think that his only option was to stay in jail and let mutants be torn to pieces because the crew in Westchster sure as hell wasn't helping them.
    Maybe I am going about this wrong.
    Maybe Bendis wrote just like Rosenbergs writing right now.
    Maybe every bad thing that Scott did during his revolutionary phase happened off the comic book.
    Maybe he did beat non-mutant children on his off days.
    Maybe he made a decision to have the team attack a VA hospital because they wouldnt accept mutant blood.
    Maybe he financed his team by stealing money from the ASPCA.
    If I look at it that way...then Yes...Scott is just as evil as Hitler and he should burn in hell.

This isnt lazy storytelling...this is the age of imagination!!!
    How dumb of me to thrill to stories of Byrne, Clarmont, and Stan Lee.....Who gave me a concise, narrow vision of what happened in a story.
    Made me pay extra money for the dark Phoenix saga.
    How much easier if the xmen were abducted by the shiar, then next panel back grieving because Jean had died.
    Thank you JDW and Rosenberg for allowing me to use my imagination to fill in the blanks!!!

I cant wait for the next issue of uncanny...or maybe I can just lie back and go ahead and imagine it now.