View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 300 of 619 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Okay, I've a question.

Why was PF-Cyke in the life raft in secret wars?Was it because of PF or is it he himself is important?
    It was thematically important: Phoenix represented the reboot option (burn eveything and start from scratch). Some speculated it was a comment on the state of X-men at Marvel ar the time top.

Okay, I've a question.

Why was PF-Cyke in the life raft in secret wars?Was it because of PF or is it he himself is important?
    Within the story, Scott was chosen to be Scott, the Phoenix was a nice coincidence. Just as Star-Lord or Spider-man. T'Challa invented a machine that would choose the necessary survivors in case the scientists who were going to evacuate died (which happened). Scott would be one of the chosen ones. What we do not know is what criteria the machine used.

In the story, the Phoenix as they have already said represents opposition to Doom in the form of reboot, while Reed Richards is the middle way between restarting and maintaining the status quo.
    Last edited by Glio; 04-20-2019 at 08:52 AM.

BANNED

Hickman clearly wanted Jeen to be Phoenix and I guess Scott would be her guide through the whole thing. You can see her with Scott on the promotional images and the Reed cover. But that was changed midway, so Scott got the responsibility of being the Phoenix. But yeah, the criteria seemed pretty weird. I still love that Hickman was so interested in writing him.

And yeah, the Phoenix was the whole reboot idea we discussed earlier.

Also, cheers for the 300 pages. We're clearly the biggest appreciation thread every year, thanks to near infinite amounts of complaining and inside jokes LMAO

I had to take a step away from X-Men comics for a little while. I just wasn't enjoying them.

But alas, I have returned. As has Scott. Which is why I have returned. I've picked up the UXM Annual and following issues. And I'm excited to get to reading again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman clearly wanted Jeen to be Phoenix and I guess Scott would be her guide through the whole thing. You can see her with Scott on the promotional images and the Reed cover. But that was changed midway, so Scott got the responsibility of being the Phoenix. But yeah, the criteria seemed pretty weird.
    Which promotional image & reed cover?

Hickman clearly wanted Jeen to be Phoenix and I guess Scott would be her guide through the whole thing. You can see her with Scott on the promotional images and the Reed cover. But that was changed midway, so Scott got the responsibility of being the Phoenix. But yeah, the criteria seemed pretty weird. I still love that Hickman was so interested in writing him.

And yeah, the Phoenix was the whole reboot idea we discussed earlier.
    I'm curious as to why that changed, but I remember Hickman saying he had ideas at the time for the X-men (some involving Cyclops and the Phoenix specifically) that no one liked.

My guess is that Cyclops would have a similar role to Xavier now in HoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm curious as to why that changed, but I remember Hickman saying he had ideas at the time for the X-men (some involving Cyclops and the Phoenix specifically) that no one liked.

My guess is that Cyclops would have a similar role to Xavier now in HoX.
    Jeen coming into contact with the Phoenix would have upset all the subsequent comics of the O5.

I can understand the decision.

BANNED

Which promotional image & reed cover?
    It wasn't a promotional image, but a variant from issue 1

Secret_Wars_Vol_1_1_Ribic_Variant.jpg

Look at Jeen right there. And then there's the Reed cover:

Secret_Wars_Vol_1_3.jpg

Look at Jeen right there with the Spideys. There was clearly some editorial intervention here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jeen coming into contact with the Phoenix would have upset all the subsequent comics of the O5.

I don't see why, specially considering they ignored much of Secret Wars anyway.

BANNED

I'd be ok with whatever upset Hopeless' Cyclops-hating drivel, tbh

Not really. She had already bonded with it by that point anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. She had already bonded with it by that point anyway
    Don't think so.Where?

BANNED

Don't think so.Where?
    No More Humans. Jeen helped save Earth bonding with the PF. It's also where the cursed Larroca panel where she appears to be about to kiss Cyclops (adult) comes from.

BANNED

No More Humans. Jeen helped save Earth bonding with the PF. It's also where the cursed Larroca panel where she appears to be about to kiss Cyclops (adult) comes from.
    Was it canon though?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

It pretty much could be since it doesn't contradict anything that was going on in the X-books at the time, IIRC.