View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 301 of 619 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 9276
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It pretty much could be since it doesn't contradict anything that was going on in the X-books at the time, IIRC.
    Except maybe Scott is hitler part that they had planned on.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Was it canon though?
    yeah its canon

It was a pretty good story

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Except maybe Scott is hitler part that they had planned on.
    It doesnt contradict that. The Scott as Hitler plot contradicted itself within that entire era

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman clearly wanted Jeen to be Phoenix and I guess Scott would be her guide through the whole thing. You can see her with Scott on the promotional images and the Reed cover. But that was changed midway, so Scott got the responsibility of being the Phoenix. But yeah, the criteria seemed pretty weird. I still love that Hickman was so interested in writing him.

And yeah, the Phoenix was the whole reboot idea we discussed earlier.

Also, cheers for the 300 pages. We're clearly the biggest appreciation thread every year, thanks to near infinite amounts of complaining and inside jokes LMAO
    Are we sure the jokes we make about Logans love for Scott are not true?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah its canon

It was a pretty good story

It doesnt contradict that. The Scott as Hitler plot contradicted itself within that entire era
    What book and issue is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    What book and issue is this from?
    No More Humans by scribe Mike Carey. Great writer and wrote a good Cyclops.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Carey's Scott is always a joy to read. Phoenix Ex-Machina didn't really fit the story, but it gave Jeen and Tank some good moments. I also love Carey's dialogue and humour in general.

Not to mention, Larroca's art was top notch at the time. The book had everything going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    No More Humans by scribe Mike Carey. Great writer and wrote a good Cyclops.
    Agreed! I really liked No More Humans. I feel like it was an underrated story and a great concept. It was one of Mike Carey's best works. I think his take on Cyclops was remarkably balanced, especially given the circumstances of the teams at the time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm curious as to why that changed, but I remember Hickman saying he had ideas at the time for the X-men (some involving Cyclops and the Phoenix specifically) that no one liked.
    Instead we got that hilariously-out-nowhere-screw-you-Bendis supremacist whackjob speech while Scott took a swing at Doom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Instead we got that hilariously-out-nowhere-screw-you-Bendis supremacist whackjob speech while Scott took a swing at Doom.
    Not gonna lie. I loved the Screw-you-BMB! part. The not-coming-back-from-getting-his-neck-snapped-despite-y'know-Phoenix part, not so much. Still, t'was good while it lasted.

Honestly though? If there was an AU!Clops I'd be interested in seeing again post-SW, it'd be the last Endless Summers!Clops. Mostly to fill my BrandClops ship, though.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, I forced myself to finish out a sketch as I said I would. It's a bit sloppy, but I hope my penmanship is readable. I might clean it up and color it, but until then, here's something as I said I'd do. As far as the background goes, I had no idea of what to do, so its just some hills somewhere.

Attachment 81476
    Omg cute, this is so what emma would say. He did think she might be the one who made the 05 come into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott having a supremacist slip being possessed by the Phoenix is understandable.

Would Balor be a cool code name for Scott (or an evil version of him)

"In Irish mythology , Balor (modern spelling: Balar ) was the tyrant king of the
    Fomorians , a group of supernatural beings. He is often described as a giant with a large eye that wreaks destruction when opened. He has been interpreted as a personification of drought, blight , and the scorching sun. "

" Later folklore says that he has only one eye and describes it as follows: "He had a single eye in his forehead, a venomous fiery eye. There were always seven coverings over this eye. One by one Balar removed the coverings. With the first covering the bracken began to wither, with the second the grass became copper-coloured, with the third the woods and timber began to heat, with the fourth smoke came from the trees, with the fifth everything grew red, with the sixth it sparked. With the seventh they were all set on fire, and the whole countryside was ablaze "

" One legend tells that, when Balor was slain by Lugh, he fell face first into the ground and his deadly eye beam burned a hole into the earth."

Would be cool for an alt.Universe, like Basilisk

hello, everyone, i'm a huge fan of Nightwing, but the current run has left much to be desired, so i dropped it.
    I'm also a big x-men fan, and since the house of m I really liked what they did with Cyclops, but i dropped the titles at the end of Bendis' uxm, the Xavier's will, i guess. I heard Cyke was dead and now he's back, along with Wolverine, which makes me very happy, 'cause Logan is one of my favs.
    so could you guys give me a summary of what has happened since Xavier's will? and one more thing: i haven't read uxm 600 yet.
    When did Jean, Logan and Scott return from the dead? Xavier is back? how did this happen?
    and what to expect from this new run, Rosenberg's uxm and Hickman's house of x?
    What about that age of x-man? Is it something like the AoA 2.0? Is it worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    hello, everyone, i'm a huge fan of Nightwing, but the current run has left much to be desired, so i dropped it.
    I'm also a big x-men fan, and since the house of m I really liked what they did with Cyclops, but i dropped the titles at the end of Bendis' uxm, the Xavier's will, i guess. I heard Cyke was dead and now he's back, along with Wolverine, which makes me very happy, 'cause Logan is one of my favs.
    so could you guys give me a summary of what has happened since Xavier's will? and one more thing: i haven't read uxm 600 yet.
    When did Jean, Logan and Scott return from the dead? Xavier is back? how did this happen?
    and what to expect from this new run, Rosenberg's uxm and Hickman's house of x?
    What about that age of x-man? Is it something like the AoA 2.0? Is it worth reading?
    Scott died in Death of X after being poisoned by a Terrigen cloud that he was exposed to. He was first revealed alive in Extermination #5 and his return story was told in Uncanny X-men annual 1 (2019)

Jean came back in Phoenix Resurrection which came out at the very end of 2017 and her adventures were chronicled in X-men Red

Xavier was brought back in Astonishing X-men (2017). His mind was imprisoned on the astral plane by Shadow King. He ended up trading places with Fantomex and has effectively taken possession of his body.

Logan was first revealed alive in 2017 and his return story began in 2018 and ended earlier this year.

Age of X-men is more like Heroes Reborn. Its been an interesting read so far but kinda filler until Hickman's run

This is AWESOME!!
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 04-22-2019 at 01:05 PM.