View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 304 of 619 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott has a cool moment with a sword, but otherwise, he only serves as the "old man" for the New Mutants to shine while breaking the rules.
    That is often the role the older X-men serve when focusing on the younger ones, as long as he isn't **** upon like most of the times with Hope, which ends up making both worse, (I didn't read it yet so if it does that feel free to correct me) I guess we knew beforehand that this mini was going to focus on the New Mutants, at least he has a cool moment with a sword, that was one of the best parts of Tike's solo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Ok, seeing the new image of Cyclops new costume I have to say that I'm warming up to it, I still dislike that he isn't letting his hair free, and I both hate and love big visors (rationally I know that they are the only ones that make any sense, but I still like the kind of visor he has now more) but the revolution costume with a blue color scheme surprisingly works really well, and is it just me or, at least from what his face shows, he seems to be content, or at least no longer depressive/suicidal?

I agree with bold. I also think they should have tried something completely new....

In # 16 Scott can now use his powers again and as far as we can deduce from the Champions' covers, there he will be able to.

Right at WotR, his skull is still fractured. Which does not make sense because it's not as if Scott's body has to physically resist his powers, it's because of a psionic field. It is not as if before he had an overpowering body that would allow him to resist recoil.

It is as if Magneto could not use his powers because he has broken his hands.
    Perhaps it causes small vibrations that normally he could sustain but in his state he can't, (let's be honest his powers are by far the most inconsistent yet, we don't even know if he is still solar based or he opens portals to the punch dimension). I've been saying that a lot of Dark beast explanation opens up massive doubts, the main one to me is why he said that while he was operating the blasts kept shooting everywhere, did he forgot to cover the other eye or does the blast not come from his eyes?

That is often the role the older X-men serve when focusing on the younger ones, as long as he isn't **** upon like most of the times with Hope, which ends up making both worse, (I didn't read it yet so if it does that feel free to correct me) I guess we knew beforehand that this mini was going to focus on the New Mutants, at least he has a cool moment with a sword, that was one of the best parts of Tike's solo
    He has a moment with Hope in which she is directly unlikeable.

Anyway it does not matter because Scott probably by #2 teleports somehow to Australia to help the Champions and disappear from the story.

In # 16 Scott can now use his powers again and as far as we can deduce from the Champions' covers, there he will be able to.

Right at WotR, his skull is still fractured. Which does not make sense because it's not as if Scott's body has to physically resist his powers, it's because of a psionic field. It is not as if before he had an overpowering body that would allow him to resist recoil.

It is as if Magneto could not use his powers because he has broken his hands.
    You know what I find funny is all the people who hate/dislike Hope's character did a 360 as soon as they found out she might be making music with Magik so now they love her character.

Just because a character gets their sexuality change would not make me like them. I love Magik but still dislike Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I also think they should have tried something completely new....
    I agree, that's why I'm still warming up to it, I really wanted something fully new (though I would be happy with using the black and white redesign that Kris Anka drew, it wasn't his but I don't remember the author)

He has a moment with Hope in which she is directly unlikeable.
    So, Hope is Hope, I don't remember a moment, at least since she came to the present, in which she was unlikable

If Hope does not end War of the Realms apologizing to Scott, I do not think the character has salvation. She shot him in the FACE.

Fantastic Member

I agree, that's why I'm still warming up to it, I really wanted something fully new (though I would be happy with using the black and white redesign that Kris Anka drew, it wasn't his but I don't remember the author)
    This is so cool!! This should have been the new costume all along.

Not a fan of the white. That should be blue

Mighty Member

Ok, seeing the new image of Cyclops new costume I have to say that I'm warming up to it, I still dislike that he isn't letting his hair free, and I both hate and love big visors (rationally I know that they are the only ones that make any sense, but I still like the kind of visor he has now more) but the revolution costume with a blue color scheme surprisingly works really well, and is it just me or, at least from what his face shows, he seems to be content, or at least no longer depressive/suicidal?

Eh, I still prefer the red with that version. Also, Cyke is sort-of smiling.... is the world ending? I mean, he's likely smiling because he sees Jean with the kids, but the old meme of the world ending whenever Cyke's not on-duty still applies.

It isn't because he lost an eye, it's because of the damage to his skull that the bullet made, Dark beast said that his skull was barely holding together and that focusing him beams made pressure against it
    Beams that are permanently on. I mean, with my profession, it's difficult enough to suspend belief about a fractured skull, but forgetting established canon, too? That his beams are permanently on? Like, the entire point of Cyke's angst and why he's called Cyclops...? C'mon, Rosenbauble, you gotta do better than that...

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Looks like I'll have to wait for Champions to get good Scott.
    I don't even want to hope. I mean, I read the interview out of curiosity a few weeks ago, and, while I can't remember the specifics, I remember thinking the dude doesn't understand Cyke, either. But, hey, can't be worse than Rosenbeurger, amirite?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    You know what I find funny is all the people who hate/dislike Hope's character did a 360 as soon as they found out she might be making music with Magik so now they love her character.

Just because a character gets their sexuality change would not make me like them. I love Magik but still dislike Hope.
    You're not WOKE enough!!!! /s

But seriously, wha @bolded part? That's all sorts of yuk to me. I'm with you though. If that happens, I still dislike Hope and I still love Magik. And Ruby/Magik is still my ship even before Gillen came out with Leah/Magik in SW Battleworld: Siege.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

When did Magic and Hope become lesbians?am I missing something?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    When did Magic and Hope become lesbians?am I missing something?
    They didn't, but Rosenberg said he had plans for two romances in his UXM run that ended up cut for time. Based on today's issues, people assumed Hope and Magik was one of them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They didn't, but Rosenberg said he had plans for two romances in his UXM run that ended up cut for time. Based on today's issues, people assumed Hope and Magik was one of them.
    That does explain, I guess, why it feels Rosebabble's writing feels like he's crossing a list-- meta pun intended. Phoning it in.

Still not a particularly good list, though.
    Let your wallet talk.