View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 306 of 619 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yep, extremely disappointing. I'm starting to wonder why they felt the need to bring him back alive.
    Seems to me it was Hickman and JDW that wanted him back, but Rosenberg didn't and was stuck with him, so decided to portray him as incompetently as possible to make his favorites shine more.

BANNED

The guys eye was shot out to match his Code Name. Stevie Wonder can see the Writer has no Idea what he’s doing with any of these characters. The sad part is he’s gonna continue to be on UXM with no end in sight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Seems to me it was Hickman and JDW that wanted him back, but Rosenberg didn't and was stuck with him, so decided to portray him as incompetently as possible to make his favorites shine more.
    Yep, Rosenberg felt Scott shouldn't return for Jean's sake, as the man himself said because she needed her own stories. At least we're dodging this bullet for now, but I'm assuming it'll get worse when he begs for her to come back to him and she rejects him in favor of Bishop.

Well after learning about this I am droping UXM and going to wait for Hickman. Most of us kept blaming JDW for Cyclops emotional state but is all Rosenberg and I think some of it is JDW.

LOL...funny reading these comments when I just said last week they should have held off on bringing Scott back until Hickman could have him.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yep, Rosenberg felt Scott shouldn't return for Jean's sake, as the man himself said because she needed her own stories. At least we're dodging this bullet for now, but I'm assuming it'll get worse when he begs for her to come back to him and she rejects him in favor of Bishop.
    Considering Hickman is spearheading the line, I have doubts Bishop/Jean will actually come into play post-AoX

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Well after learning about this I am droping UXM and going to wait for Hickman. Most of us kept blaming JDW for Cyclops emotional state but is all Rosenberg and I think some of it is JDW.
    I'm almost considering the same at this point. While I like some of the other characters and the book feels okay to me, it's still very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...funny reading these comments when I just said last week they should have held off on bringing Scott back until Hickman could have him.
    Let's just hope Hickman actually does something useful with him.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Considering Hickman is spearheading the line, I have doubts Bishop/Jean will actually come into play post-AoX
    Well, JDW said the status quo in HoX/PoX was related to AoXM and Uncanny. I'm assuming some stuff there will matter and, judging by Thompson's comments months ago, at least this relationship should matter. Of course, all bets are off if the Hickman books coming in July was earlier than expected and only JDW's word matters for now. I won't hold my breath, though. Scott being put in the same book as Jean is a bad omen on its own, even if Rosenberg isn't writing. But I'll wait and see like everyone else.

Well, JDW said the status quo in HoX/PoX was related to AoXM and Uncanny. I'm assuming some stuff there will matter and, judging by Thompson's comments months ago, at least this relationship should matter. Of course, all bets are off if the Hickman books coming in July was earlier than expected and only JDW's word matters for now. I won't hold my breath, though. Scott being put in the same book as Jean is a bad omen on its own, even if Rosenberg isn't writing. But I'll wait and see like everyone else.
    After HoX/PoX let Rosenberg have Jean and Bishop and Hickman keeps Scott and Logan.
    Writers keep complaining how she doesn't need Scott and Logan so let them prove it because she needs Bishop.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Thompson said she HOPED the relationship would continue. But remember Hickman begun writing this long before AoXM, and Marvel would never say "these stories won't matter in the long run.

Man now I know when Scott and Emma meet up is going to be one big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm almost considering the same at this point. While I like some of the other characters and the book feels okay to me, it's still very disappointing.

Let's just hope Hickman actually does something useful with him.
    I didn't get WOR: UXM and is a good thing I ask before buying it. I will read the reviews and spoilers for the remaining issues before buying them.

Lets joke instead, how about the part where Scott got angry that Magik didn't get his Wolverine to help them out.

I also think that for what they are writing about him, Scott would have been better dead until Hickman arrived

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Scott being put in the same book as Jean is a bad omen on its own, even if Rosenberg isn't writing. But I'll wait and see like everyone else.
    Rosenberg has said many times that he is a jott fan but he has also said that they need time to "gain that love again". he said that for the moment they should be on their own.

Jean being on the same team than scott is something good though. Most of the drama comes from morrison's run and the fact that they haven't interacted much since, even if they are not together solving and talking some of the issues can only be good. besides they are the biggest x-men (not counting wolverine) they have to interact probably a lot, regardless of who likes it or hates it, it doesn't matter because that a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    After HoX/PoX let Rosenberg have Jean and Bishop and Hickman keeps Scott and Logan.
    Writers keep complaining how she doesn't need Scott and Logan so let them prove it because she needs Bishop.
    She doesn't need anybody but i like her with scott.

Thompson said she HOPED the relationship would continue. But remember Hickman begun writing this long before AoXM, and Marvel would never say "these stories won't matter in the long run.
    All creators and editors hope their ideas last. when claremont married scott and maddie it was supposed to be forever, then when scott and jean married it was also supposed to be something serious and long lasting, the same with emma but different regimes and writers have different plans. the only constant in marvel is that all romantic relationships that aren't reed/sue are going to eventually end.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Man now I know when Scott and Emma meet up is going to be one big mess.
    i have very conflicted feelings about this. on one side i have a grudge for emma/scemma, some part of me blames it for the current state of jott but i'm not exactly happy at this very moment.

i feel like marvel is going to mess with emma/scemma very hard on rosenbergs run, they hate all relationships but even though i don't like this one i feel like there is a risk for scott to come out looking really bad and for his character to keep being damaged. Scott doesn't need that for the third time.

the other posibility would be Emma acting like a maniac and betraying scott, even though i don't like her, it is true that she loved scott and experienced some character development towards being a better person. it would be weird and forced to give her character such a drastic turn so fast. specially because it would probably end with her outside of the x-men or as a villain again and that doesn't fix jott either.

on one side the immature and passionate shipper in me would like to see scemma end but other part of me feels like it would be something tragic and really damaging to see scott end another serious relationship, looking like a romantic mess and emma going crazy for not being with scott.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-24-2019 at 06:23 PM.