View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 325 of 619 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Can we all just take a moment and appreciate how sweet and beautiful this scene is?

Attachment 81877

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Can we all just take a moment and appreciate how sweet and beautiful this scene is?

Attachment 81877
    Cute, i like their friendship. I hope it continues even though Scott is an adult now.

BANNED

His portrayal on Champions and UXM are night and day. I was so happy when Scott was resurrected. I should have known that the X office brought him back just to be a punching bag. Scott hasn’t had a win in a long time.

The X-men and mutants need Scott even if it turns his life into hell and the Champions can not go around with the mutant terrorist that many believe he is.

But even if it was for a little while Scott managed to have a dazzle of a heroic life outside the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cute, i like their friendship. I hope it continues even though Scott is an adult now.
    Agreed, they should semi-regularly appear in each other’s books.

I also enjoyed tyke's dynamic with venom and laura but sadly i doubt those are going to carry on adult scott.

Fantastic Member

I also enjoyed tyke's dynamic with venom and laura but sadly i doubt those are going to carry on adult scott.
    and that what sucks, one of things we never got to see too much of was Scott having friendships and how they make him, well him. We got the 05 when they were on good terms but outside of that he's always been very reclusive. It'd me nice to see him have friends and actually talk to them about his problems etc. It would be a nice side to see more of, when they aren't shi#@ing all over him.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    and that what sucks, one of things we never got to see too much of was Scott having friendships and how they make him, well him. We got the 05 when they were on good terms but outside of that he's always been very reclusive. It'd me nice to see him have friends and actually talk to them about his problems etc. It would be a nice side to see more of, when they aren't shi#@ing all over him.
    Yeah, he's definitely in an odd position in terms of friendships. So far it seems his allies outside of the X-men are closer despite knowing him for less time. It's weird that the teens acted more mature than the X-men.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The problem is that the people that should be closer to him outside the O5 would be Alex (written as a whiny baby), Magik (written by Rosenberg as barely knowing him, because it was that way in 1987 or whatever) and Emma (Scott literally doesn't remember her now). He had good friendships with Kurt & Sean back in the day, but they haven't been in the same team for a while.

Friendships with the Champions, although cute, do not solve the problem that Cyclops has no one to talk to about his problems.

Imagine Scott asking Kamala for advice about something related to his relationship with Emma. It is wrong at all levels. Kurt is his friend but he's more of Logan's friend.

In any case, being introspective and reclusive is part of Scott's personality. Much of his life has been the X-Men and as leader of the X-men he does not allow himself to be close with many members because that could affect his decision-making.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Friendships with the Champions, although cute, do not solve the problem that Cyclops has no one to talk to about his problems.

Imagine Scott asking Kamala for advice about something related to his relationship with Emma. It is wrong at all levels. Kurt is his friend but he's more of Logan's friend.

In any case, being introspective and reclusive is part of Scott's personality. Much of his life has been the X-Men and as leader of the X-men he does not allow himself to be close with many members because that could affect his decision-making.
    Lol, that got me good. In all seriousness, I think you put the issue into perspective. The issue however, is that Marvel doesn't seem too keen on keeping him as a leader for the X-men anymore. I doubt they'll expand his relationships in the mean time despite this fact. So if that's the case, he'll probably revert into a background character.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Lol, that got me good. In all seriousness, I think you put the issue into perspective. The issue however, is that Marvel doesn't seem too keen on keeping him as a leader for the X-men anymore. I doubt they'll expand his relationships in the mean time despite this fact. So if that's the case, he'll probably revert into a background character.
    Nah, Rosenberg doesn't want him as leader, because he clearly dislikes him. Says nothing about Hickman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

He doesn't have to talk to kamala about Emma, you don't talk to one friend about every issue (at least I don't) there's different characters you can talk to about that. I get the whole Being leader and not wanting to get close because of decisions etc, but he also has peers, that he should be able to talk to, like Ororo or another leader if you gave him more people to talk to outside of the X-men. Usually it was Jean, or Xavier and after that it was Emma and Logan. There's nothing wrong with keeping your distance from teammates but he should have people to lean on, mainly for us as fans to see another side of him.

I mean a lot of us know his inner turmoil he can have with himself, but actually seeing him talk to someone else about his conflicts etc would actually be more development.

Mighty Member

Haven't followed anything with Laura for ages, but I'd be interested in seeing how much their dynamic would change with Tyke's memories. Needless to say, I'd also be more confident if that eventual meet-up was written outside the X-Books.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Haven't followed anything with Laura for ages, but I'd be interested in seeing how much their dynamic would change with Tyke's memories. Needless to say, I'd also be more confident if that eventual meet-up was written outside the X-Books.
    They had some nice interactions on both volumes of all new x-men but i don't think their interactions can work with scott being an adult. that would be creepy and also scott has a really complicated relationship with wolvie.