View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 335 of 619 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm hearing a Jojo reference here...

"Sinister? Your first archvillain encounter was not with him! It was with me, Xavier!"
    And then Xavier tries to steal Scott’s body?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    And then Xavier tries to steal Scott’s body?
    With the obsession that Xavier had with Jean, the strange thing is that it has not happened before.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    With the obsession that Xavier had with Jean, the strange thing is that it has not happened before.
    Maybe it did but Chuckie wiped everyone's minds....!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Maybe it did but Chuckie wiped everyone's minds....!
    This is exactly why X-Verse telepaths scare the hell out of me. Mystique, Purple Man and Daken already showed how to basically rape people with their powers. Telepaths can take that a step further.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This is exactly why X-Verse telepaths scare the hell out of me. Mystique, Purple Man and Daken already showed how to basically rape people with their powers. Telepaths can take that a step further.
    It's really this fact that makes me feel the X-Men are no longer an apt minority metaphor. Even if, say, their numbers dwindled, you still have characters like Cyke who can, at the very least, cause severe concussions and broken bones just by looking at you accidentally. Now imagine the psychics having a bad day...

And realistically? Why would some random schmuck/civvy willingly piss off/attack a stranger that could potentially have a metaphorical gun in their pocket? I'm alluding to the recent UXM issue. I mean, why?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I've been thinking and it's going to be very awkward if with Hickman the reunion between Xavier and Cyclops happens just when Xavier becomes a villain.
    Cyclops: "For the love of... This is beyond embarrass... Does this guy seriously not get he's the not-so-mythical liberal supervillain that conservatives keep whining about? Screw it, I say we put him down principle. Any objections?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cyclops: "For the love of... This is beyond embarrass... Does this guy seriously not get he's the not-so-mythical liberal supervillain that conservatives keep whining about? Screw it, I say we put him down principle. Any objections?"
    Logan: Rrrrghate! Stop killing the only man that matters!
    Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    It's really this fact that makes me feel the X-Men are no longer an apt minority metaphor. Even if, say, their numbers dwindled, you still have characters like Cyke who can, at the very least, cause severe concussions and broken bones just by looking at you accidentally. Now imagine the psychics having a bad day...

And realistically? Why would some random schmuck/civvy willingly piss off/attack a stranger that could potentially have a metaphorical gun in their pocket? I'm alluding to the recent UXM issue. I mean, why?
    The thing is that they discriminate against mutants and not for example Thor, who could destroy a continent on a bad day.

The metaphor does apply perfectly if you compare Mutants / Other heroes, not mutants / normal humans.

People fear and hate Cyclops but it is perfectly fine with Carol Danvers having the power to destroy a small city.

Those two are homies with everyone's homie Cap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Those two are homies with everyone's homie Cap.
    Being an Avenger gives you judicial immunity, look at Wanda.

Being an Avenger gives you judicial immunity, look at Wanda.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

The thing is that they discriminate against mutants and not for example Thor, who could destroy a continent on a bad day.

The metaphor does apply perfectly if you compare Mutants / Other heroes, not mutants / normal humans.

People fear and hate Cyclops but it is perfectly fine with Carol Danvers having the power to destroy a small city.
    I think what made the mutant situation unique and unpredictable was that, traditionally, powers manifested during teen years and usually after a traumatic event, and typically in an explosive manner. I mean, didn't Wither kill his parents just by touching them?

If I were a parent, I'd be frightened for both myself and my kids. I wouldn't be actively antagonizing the dude that can melt me with their brain, though XD
    Let your wallet talk.

And almost all the superpowers of the others are in crazy scientific accidents where many people could die.

I mean, Starbrand destroyed a university when his powers were activated and joined the Avengers just fine.
    Last edited by Glio; 05-13-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Mighty Member

And almost all the superpowers of the others are in crazy scientific accidents where many people could die.

I mean, Starbrand destroyed a university when his powers were activated and joined the Avengers just fine.
    I'm not saying that the double standard is completely justified. I'm just outlying a reason why it makes sense to fear a metaphorical hot grenade-o aka mutants versus a someone that got into an accident but decided to become a "hero". There's a larger element of unpredictability and lack of control with the former. I do agree that the minority metaphor would make a bit more sense if it was mutant vs metahumans. For mutant vs humans? I'd start with gun violence and control.
    Let your wallet talk.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One thing that makes humans fear mutants more is megalomaniacs like early Magneto or Apocalypse. Surely, there are crazy metahumans, but none of them claim to be fighting on the behalf of a mutant master race. Imagine if Bin Laden had the powers of the two of them and what would that do do Islamophobia and you have an idea.