View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 343 of 619 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How did he do that?
    According to Rogue, Magneto was obsessed with Cyclops and that's why he preferred to stay with him in Schism rather than go with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    According to Rogue, Magneto was obsessed with Cyclops and that's why he preferred to stay with him in Schism rather than go with her.
    Even without that, I doubt Magneto's ego would allow him to follow someone who he can puppet without even needing the effort to wave his hand. Even at his best, I can't see Magneto thinking of Logan as someone to follow except in exceptional circumstances (like an assault on Weapon X or something Logan and no one else is as familiar with) and even then only reluctantly. Being glad to have someone as tenacious as Wolverine on his side? Why, yes. Absolutely. But to take orders from? Somewhere in the vicinity of never is the most likely answer.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 05-19-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Wolverine as a leader has always seemed a questionable decision, Schism would have made much more sense as Cyclops vs. Storm.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Logan hates Magneto due to Fatal Attractions, no way Eric would follow him, specially on such a bullshit pretext Aaron came up with.

Comic Geek in General

Here’s hoping that Hickman continues Cyclops’ Return to what he was, the X-Men’s Master Tactician, Prototypical Hero, the one who can keep wilder personalities like Gambit, Wolverine, Archangel, etc in Line, who would at times remember to relax, maybe smile a bit (or brood less), and not slide back into Mutant Revolutionary General he was from Utopia thru Death of X.....so no more formkng secret Kill Teams, fighting Captain America, making bad calls, alienating long time friends and teammates (any takers on my Outside Manipulator Theory, it’s one way to ease some of the bad blood......now we just need Emma to admit she used Scott for the last few years, either as a pawn herself or that this was one of Sinister’s Grand Schemes......Or Stryfe, or Red Queen.....hell, even Mesmero or a unknown Wyngarde.......)

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine as a leader has always seemed a questionable decision, Schism would have made much more sense as Cyclops vs. Storm.

I thought it was odd that Cyclops and Wolverine switched roles, Logan was the reserved leader, Scott was rapidly losing it

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Here’s hoping that Hickman continues Cyclops’ Return to what he was, the X-Men’s Master Tactician, Prototypical Hero, the one who can keep wilder personalities like Gambit, Wolverine, Archangel, etc in Line, who would at times remember to relax, maybe smile a bit (or brood less), and not slide back into Mutant Revolutionary General he was from Utopia thru Death of X.....so no more formkng secret Kill Teams, fighting Captain America, making bad calls, alienating long time friends and teammates (any takers on my Outside Manipulator Theory, it’s one way to ease some of the bad blood......now we just need Emma to admit she used Scott for the last few years, either as a pawn herself or that this was one of Sinister’s Grand Schemes......Or Stryfe, or Red Queen.....hell, even Mesmero or a unknown Wyngarde.......)
    I don’t think Emma revealed as manipulating Scott will get much support here; honestly, I’d rather there be no manipulation retcon.

I’m still disappointed that Marvel had Emma erase herself from Scott’s memories. Disappointed but not surprised; the current run of Uncanny has fallen pretty far.

Logan was never a leader, he was just summoning all of that experience of being a dad all these years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don’t think Emma revealed as manipulating Scott will get much support here; honestly, I’d rather there be no manipulation retcon.

I’m still disappointed that Marvel had Emma erase herself from Scott’s memories. Disappointed but not surprised; the current run of Uncanny has fallen pretty far.
    I completely agree with this. Cyclops and Emma's characterization is much more realistic during this time was much more realistic to the circumstances and real world heroic leaders. The hard decisions Cyke makes remind me of Sisko during the war with the dominion in DS9. "A guilty conscious is a small price to pay for the safety of mutant kind and of the world." Honestly the fact that so many X-men abandoned Cyclops during that time and all the contrived plot armor they gave Wolverine was very unrealistic. Realistically Wolverine's school should have meet the same fate as the one they left behind way sooner. Though tactically if I was Cyke I would have tried to move the city far away from the US, maybe to the savage land.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    I completely agree with this. Cyclops and Emma's characterization is much more realistic during this time was much more realistic to the circumstances and real world heroic leaders. The hard decisions Cyke makes remind me of Sisko during the war with the dominion in DS9. "A guilty conscious is a small price to pay for the safety of mutant kind and of the world." Honestly the fact that so many X-men abandoned Cyclops during that time and all the contrived plot armor they gave Wolverine was very unrealistic. Realistically Wolverine's school should have meet the same fate as the one they left behind way sooner. Though tactically if I was Cyke I would have tried to move the city far away from the US, maybe to the savage land.
    He still needed to see what's going on the "real world" first hand.So, I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Yeah, but on the other hand, Wolverine is Aaron's pet, therefore he can never be wrong, and everyone that doesn't realize how right and awesome he is must be a villain- which indeed was the plan for the X-office at the time, with Cyclops being Magneto (because Marvel can't live without anything more complex than Xavier x Magneto).

And then everyone has to whine that Cyclops is EEEEVIL for killing Xavier under the Phoenix, while Jean is fantastic when she killed billions while possessed, and mass murderers like Namor and Bishop, with billions of deaths in their belts, are welcome back with few remarks, and in the latter case, literally like nothing happened.

I'm still convinced that the insistence on that non-sense by Marvel has Breevort's influence- they were clearly shocked and angry at the time most people, both online and in conventions, thought Cyclops was right in Schism AvX, and the latter was his baby.

BANNED

I didn't know this existed.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm still convinced that the insistence on that non-sense by Marvel has Breevort's influence- they were clearly shocked and angry at the time most people, both online and in conventions, thought Cyclops was right in Schism AvX, and the latter was his baby.
    I've always found that so fascinating. You'd figure that a professional editor would be a bit more aware of how those stories would actually come off before publishing them, but then you remember that Iron Man was supposed to be the good/right side in the original CW and Marvel massively borked that up. I'd *love* to read a tell-all book on the behind-the-scenes going-ons in the X-Office from Schism to IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I've always found that so fascinating. You'd figure that a professional editor would be a bit more aware of how those stories would actually come off before publishing them, but then you remember that Iron Man was supposed to be the good/right side in the original CW and Marvel massively borked that up. I'd *love* to read a tell-all book on the behind-the-scenes going-ons in the X-Office from Schism to IvX.
    And there's of course IvX and the whole Terrigen non-sense, that was even worse, but to be fair in that case it seemed to me writers and editors suspected it would end like this, but had to listen orders from above.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, but on the other hand, Wolverine is Aaron's pet, therefore he can never be wrong, and everyone that doesn't realize how right and awesome he is must be a villain- which indeed was the plan for the X-office at the time, with Cyclops being Magneto (because Marvel can't live without anything more complex than Xavier x Magneto).

And then everyone has to whine that Cyclops is EEEEVIL for killing Xavier under the Phoenix, while Jean is fantastic when she killed billions while possessed, and mass murderers like Namor and Bishop, with billions of deaths in their belts, are welcome back with few remarks, and in the latter case, literally like nothing happened.

But Scott is a straight Caucasian male! DisMarvel doesn't like those types~~~

But really, though, I still find it ironic that the dude that doesn't like the character they're writing (Gillen to Cyke) wrote a better character than the dude wanking his pet (Aaron to Wolvie). I will give Breevort props for one thing: he was real about why Marvel would rather focus on the Avengers than the X-Men. My frustration comes from the Avengers hijacking the Messiah Trilogy at the last minute. It's like Captain Marvel being shoehorned into Endgame at the proverbial final hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I find it fascinating too. I mean, logic dictates that it's all according to the writer's/editor's plan, but looking at the poor writing and interviews, it really wasn't. Case in point, they're still trying to hammer in the narrative 7 years later, and it still doesn't stick.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie