View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 353 of 619 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So it gonna be the 'Rosenberg's run was all a bad dream' retcon? I can live with that, and it's the retcon this run deserves.
    They’ll probably use the line from Age of X about how the events were real despite being AU/retcon without the narrative weight required.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    I definitely think it will involve either Elixer or Legion's reality warping powers. Between the rampant deaths and Cyclops' eyeball, Matthew Rosenberg has made so many dramatic changes it's hard to believe any of them will stick. In the interim, I'm more so wondering how his optic blasts haven't been portrayed as noticeably weaker.
    Would that mean that the New Mutants crew gets reverted back to their previous TO state? Ugh this book is so needlessly messy and it doesn't help that they've all but confirmed this and AoX are fill ins until HoX/PoX get running.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's killed alot of characters but no one really major. The most high profile death was Wolfsbane but she's far from an A-lister and she herself hasnt been important in quite some time so this death has little impact on the line. Joseph, Chamber, Blindfold definitely dont
    Making everything a dream or undoing the deaths en masse would make a mockery of him painting some of the deaths as important metaphors or whatever he was going for with Blindfold and Rahne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Making everything a dream or undoing the deaths en masse would make a mockery of him painting some of the deaths as important metaphors or whatever he was going for with Blindfold and Rahne.
    Thanks for reminding me that he killed Blindfold for cheap shock value. Now I'm pissed again. Tis book can't end soon enough,

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It looks like it is sure that Cyclops will appear on strike force. He gets angry when someone messes up with Jean
    Even in a video game, Scott is forever taunted with the death of Jean Grey. Guy can't catch a break.

That being said, does anyone think that the X-men ever used Scott's inability to see other colors against him? Specifically the O5?

Also, did I miss much the past two weeks?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    They’ll probably use the line from Age of X about how the events were real despite being AU/retcon without the narrative weight required.
    Seems like it will be all Emma's fault some how.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Even in a video game, Scott is forever taunted with the death of Jean Grey. Guy can't catch a break.

That being said, does anyone think that the X-men ever used Scott's inability to see other colors against him? Specifically the O5?

Also, did I miss much the past two weeks?
    Not sure. but I think the opposite may have been the case in Ultimate X-Men during the Proteus arc - he couldn't see the colored eye lights needed for Proteus to hop into his body.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Seems like it will be all Emma's fault some how.
    It wouldn't surprise me. I forgot to mention when it happened, but in what world would Emma remove herself from Scott's memories? That doesn't sit right with me at all. I can only think of one justification.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me. I forgot to mention when it happened, but in what world would Emma remove herself from Scott's memories? That doesn't sit right with me at all. I can only think of one justification.
    Yeah- Emma making people thinking she died alongside the other X-men? Sure. Removing herself from eveyone's memories? Lame. Removing herself from everyone's memories, including Scott's? Pathetic and indefensible.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Many things on this run don't make sense and don't seem to be going anywhere
    Scott losing and eye serves no purpose and will be cured at the end of this same story
    Emma making everybody forget about her will stop mattering the moment they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Not sure. but I think the opposite may have been the case in Ultimate X-Men during the Proteus arc - he couldn't see the colored eye lights needed for Proteus to hop into his body.
    Interesting, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Many things on this run don't make sense and don't seem to be going anywhere
    Scott losing and eye serves no purpose and will be cured at the end of this same story
    Emma making everybody forget about her will stop mattering the moment they meet.
    There will probably be some explanation/twist for everything "weird" that's happened. Will it be worth it? I don't know.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah- Emma making people thinking she died alongside the other X-men? Sure. Removing herself from eveyone's memories? Lame. Removing herself from everyone's memories, including Scott's? Pathetic and indefensible.
    Yep. Why would Emma erase herself from Scott's memories? To take his ability to choose between herself and Jean away? I'm not asserting that is why, or even that it would be a good narrative justification, this is more just my imagination at work. A thought experiment, if you will. I still don't like that they had Emma do it at all.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yep. Why would Emma erase herself from Scott's memories? To take his ability to choose between herself and Jean away? I'm not asserting that is why, or even that it would be a good narrative justification, this is more just my imagination at work. A thought experiment, if you will. I still don't like that they had Emma do it at all.
    Assuming it's actually Emma, the only plausible explanation is, since this is a pure nostalgia trip for Rosenberg, is that with memories of her and knowing she was alive, this run couldn't have happened the way it did; he wanted boyscout 90's Cyclops and do the thing that JDW and he seem to love and is to say Cyclops was wrong about everything and is to blame for everything bad, while they operate out of a bar with his pet Dark Beast rather than one of the many friendly scientists they have, or even pay to hire someone.

Simply put, with Emma alive and written in character, this would have happened:
    1) Cyclops would go look for her, or she would go look for him;
    2) They would put a X-men team together, using Emma and the HFC's resources, so no more hiding in bars or silly old costumes;
    3) Everytime Alex or someone would whine about Scott, Emma would bitchslap him and remind that Scott left the X-men in a very good position, they were the ones that messed up, and without him, mutantkind would be long gone;
    4) If Scott tried to tackle the council as something new, Emma would remember they've been doing this for years;
    5) If Scott would complain about killing too much, Emma would remember why did they stop with that;
    6) The X-men would be in a good position, and Scott & Emma would be fine and possibly get together again, if they weren't already by the time he died (there's nothing in Death of X that indicates for sure that they weren't, and it's not like Marvel isn't ignoring everything else in his run).

Basically, his choices were making a run that respects the characters histories and spurns naturally out of it, or ignore everything and write them out of character to make his nostalgia trip for the 80's and 90's, and he chose the latter.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Is anyone else getting a Countdown vibe from this whole Disassembled/AOXM/RosenCanny mess? This has been bugging me for a few days now. I know they don't match up completely and all that, but the feeling of everything happening so randomly and eventually going nowhere/being completely pointless is so hard to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Is anyone else getting a Countdown vibe from this whole Disassembled/AOXM/RosenCanny mess? This has been bugging me for a few days now. I know they don't match up completely and all that, but the feeling of everything happening so randomly and eventually going nowhere/being completely pointless is so hard to ignore.
    I don't want to sound as if I'm taking a jab at the X-office, but to me, it seems as if it's the result of last minute planning.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia