View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 359 of 619 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 9276
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What jean sleeping with other dude has to do with Scott?
    Piskor has the same view of Cyclops as Claremont: leaving Madelyne at the beginning of X-Factor completely and irrevocably destroyed the character.

AIUI, the "random dude" is actually Mastermind pretending to be Ted Roberts. (In 616, Ted Roberts was a college classmate of Jean's in the Silver Age. It was ambiguous whether they were truly dating or just friends, but Jean continued to pine for Scott the whole time anyway. Eventually, Scott and Jean got together, and Roberts stopped appearing. The only other thing notable about him was that his brother Ralph had a brief career as the supervillain Cobalt Man.)

All that said, Grand Design is a self-contained alternate timeline. As such, it's nothing to get worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Piskor has the same view of Cyclops as Claremont: leaving Madelyne at the beginning of X-Factor completely and irrevocably destroyed the character.

AIUI, the "random dude" is actually Mastermind pretending to be Ted Roberts. (In 616, Ted Roberts was a college classmate of Jean's in the Silver Age. It was ambiguous whether they were truly dating or just friends, but Jean continued to pine for Scott the whole time anyway. Eventually, Scott and Jean got together, and Roberts stopped appearing. The only other thing notable about him was that his brother Ralph had a brief career as the supervillain Cobalt Man.)

All that said, Grand Design is a self-contained alternate timeline. As such, it's nothing to get worked up about.
    I remember readin something that the guy wasn't even Ted. It was a manipulation by mastermind, so it isn't knock against Scott

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott not being the first doesn't matter, no one really pays that much atention on the first time anymore
    I wasn't pissed at all and didn't saw any Jean fan being pissed.
    Amazing how you never see anyone that disagrees with you.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yes, of course, but it doesn't mean one has to like the story. And I'm always of the view that people that hate a character shouldn't be ever allowed to write it.

I remember readin something that the guy wasn't even Ted. It was a manipulation by mastermind, so it isn't knock against Scott
    If that's the case, it's even worse- it's actually rape, not being treated as such (and yes, if you sleep with someone and make that person think you're someone else, that IS rape; reminds me of the Fraction thing with Madelyne).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Exactly, this isn't even canon, no need to fight over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If that's the case, it's even worse- it's actually rape, not being treated as such (and yes, if you sleep with someone and make that person think you're someone else, that IS rape; reminds me of the Fraction thing with Madelyne).
    It was heavily implied on original DPS

Omg I walked into the the Jean Thread again
    She has two now, poor Scott well maybe the woman who made him into a amazing man will give him room in hers Mama Emma.

I just thought it was kinda funny, lol. I don't think it matters if she slept with Ted first or not, it's pretty obvious to anyone in the comics and outside that Jean doesn't love anyone like she loves Scott, and vice versa.

Besides, I saw the picture more as Scott contemplating "where'd my life go wrong? I was blastin' Sentinels a year ago, now I'm a carriage pusher", lol.

All those costumes would be much cooler without the skullcap.
    Eh, matter of opinion, of course. I’m just saying I know quite a few people and have seen such opinions of those costumes that very much like the skullcap costumes, not just the artists.
    I wrote the book.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeah, I happen to like the skull cap. I feel it makes him come off as more intimidating. Not sure why, but it does to me. Then again, my personal favorite Scott costume is the 90's Jim Lee designed suit with the open hair. I grew up with it, and feel it represents the character quite well. An update of that costume would be perfect for me.

Either way, the views on his appearance are quite informational, especially for the next care bear cyke drawing I'm doing. I'm still stuck on a setup.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Amazing how you never see anyone that disagrees with you.
    Right you are.

Whatever the continuity we are talking about (I have not read X-Men Grand Design), the passage of Cyclops to abandon the X-Men for a civil life must have been a hard experience for him, he had been a child soldier since he was 15 years.

Xavier never even bothered to give him skills to integrate into normal society, as Maddie mentioned, she had a profession and he did not.

It is clear that after Dark Phoenix Saga he should have had therapy, in Wolverine: Frist Class and Prelude to Schism it is seen that Xavier is aware that Scott is broken but does not move a finger to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, I happen to like the skull cap. I feel it makes him come off as more intimidating. Not sure why, but it does to me. Then again, my personal favorite Scott costume is the 90's Jim Lee designed suit with the open hair. I grew up with it, and feel it represents the character quite well. An update of that costume would be perfect for me.

Either way, the views on his appearance are quite informational, especially for the next care bear cyke drawing I'm doing. I'm still stuck on a setup.

Interesting. I never looked at it as intimidating, but I can see how it might come off that way. I think I just find the skullcap a cheap way for artists to draw a visor into his suit because it’s always been hard to come up with a good design for Cyclops. Lee still had the best, imo.

BANNED

IMG_20190530_192748.jpg

He's here.
    10char.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Interesting. I never looked at it as intimidating, but I can see how it might come off that way. I think I just find the skullcap a cheap way for artists to draw a visor into his suit because it’s always been hard to come up with a good design for Cyclops. Lee still had the best, imo.
    I agree. Jim Lee's design is still the best, in my opinion. But his Astonishing X-Men look was right up there, in my opinion. I think Cyclops is one of those characters who doesn't need an overly-elaborate costume. If you look back on his history, his style hasn't really deviated that much, especially compared to others like Angel, Jean Grey, and Beast. He has a template and it works for him. His upcoming look in Hickman's run looks more like his All-New, All-Different era combined with some Astonishing elements. Again, it fits his style and I think that's good for him.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.