View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 367 of 619 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 9276
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Oh, you meant that he would want to kill the opposition? lol, I misunderstood you - I thought you meant he'd be a straight-forward killer.
    Oh, he would, though. Like, think Utopia!Clops but without the moral ambiguity. The beauty of Utopia!Clops is, at worst, he was anti-heroic. He only went after threats that have attacked them first/attacked them in the past. Evil!Clops nukes everything he perceives as a threat. No second chances; no benefit of the doubt. Like, that Matthew Malloy McGuffin BMB was trying to pull? Evil!Clops wouldn't give him a second chance at the risk of his own life. He'd send the dude straight into the sun.

That's how I imagine an Evil!Clops, anyway. Ruthless and extremely thorough without all the monologue-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I definetly appreciate AO3 for that, it really help to avoid the weirdest things.
    I'm opposite, really. I find having to think up of tags in AO3 very cumbersome. I normally just tag the characters or ships I'm using and leave it at that.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

His default setting.

In all seriousness, do y'all think a competently written Evil!Clops can work? Assume he's an AU character.
    well a competently written evilclops would first of all have complete control over his blasts and be able to do things with it Scott had never dreamt about like using the punch dimensions energies to blow holes in realities like BBs voice.
    alternatively he may just make a declaration proclaiming no more telepathy given how screwed over he feels by getting involved with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm opposite, really. I find having to think up of tags in AO3 very cumbersome. I normally just tag the characters or ships I'm using and leave it at that.
    As a reader I agree with you, I mostly care for the characters and ship tags (unless they are adding strong stuff, like torture/rape, or weird **** like alpha/omega/beta in order to prepare myself or avoid them)

Tags? My apologies. I'll definitrly look into that in the future. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to check out X-Men - The Beautiful People. It"s my version of who/whatScott should be.
    Last edited by Cap808; 06-04-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I wonder if in Hickman’s Run Cyclops would once again have his own Danger Room Settings......(more potentially hazardous weapons he and the rest of the Original Five trained with, as opposed to the holograms of the later models)........heck, we don’t even know if he’d be leading again (right now his team is more of a democracy, in lieu of X-Men being few and far between again......but that’s changing next month), since he’s normally the leader......or would he defer to Kitty, Storm, Jean, Beast, Wolverine , etc, considering his leadership tenure ended so badly......I know in Uncanny #12 he admitted to Wolverine that he shouldn’t have been the leader, and right now his team seems to be strung around by forces he’s not aware of......
    Cyclops' tenure as leader ended up with mutants having their own nation and organizing a MLK march, it was anything but a failure. Him saying he shouldn't be the leader can be attributed to the CBR!Clops version Rosenberg and JDW seem to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cyclops' tenure as leader ended up with mutants having their own nation and organizing a MLK march, it was anything but a failure. Him saying he shouldn't be the leader can be attributed to the CBR!Clops version Rosenberg and JDW seem to love.
    Don't forget that last time Hickman wrote Cyclops he took Bendis dumb execution of the revolution and he created an independent mutant nation which SHIELD feared and even Beast had joined (and he had Sunspot and Cannonball praising him as a leader and role model) Hickman was likely the last writer to write him in a positive light and he said that he is going to write him as a cool character (Q: Who’s cooler? Wolverine or Cyclops? A: As written by me? Cyclops)

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Oh, he would, though. Like, think Utopia!Clops but without the moral ambiguity. The beauty of Utopia!Clops is, at worst, he was anti-heroic. He only went after threats that have attacked them first/attacked them in the past. Evil!Clops nukes everything he perceives as a threat. No second chances; no benefit of the doubt. Like, that Matthew Malloy McGuffin BMB was trying to pull? Evil!Clops wouldn't give him a second chance at the risk of his own life. He'd send the dude straight into the sun.

That's how I imagine an Evil!Clops, anyway. Ruthless and extremely thorough without all the monologue-ing.
    The truly pragmatic villain. He wouldn't be an X-Man, but I don't exactly see him being a member of the Brotherhood either.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well a competently written evilclops would first of all have complete control over his blasts and be able to do things with it Scott had never dreamt about like using the punch dimensions energies to blow holes in realities like BBs voice.
    alternatively he may just make a declaration proclaiming no more telepathy given how screwed over he feels by getting involved with any of them.
    I like the idea that he'd have control of his power - maybe he can absorb solar radiation at will? Maybe he jumps through dimensions, hunting down alternate versions of himself to take their power.

Definitely love the idea that he'd have animus against telepaths. He'd clearly want to kill Sinister and maybe even Xavier; wonder how he'd feel about Jean and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It was a failure in the headcanon of a couple of people, though. And those are the ones currently in charge of the books.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

The truly pragmatic villain. He wouldn't be an X-Man, but I don't exactly see him being a member of the Brotherhood either.

I like the idea that he'd have control of his power - maybe he can absorb solar radiation at will? Maybe he jumps through dimensions, hunting down alternate versions of himself to take their power.

Definitely love the idea that he'd have animus against telepaths. He'd clearly want to kill Sinister and maybe even Xavier; wonder how he'd feel about Jean and Emma.
    yes that may be so. he could be a follower of sinister having never been under Xaviers tutelage who through experimentation has enhanced his powers and helped him gain total mastery over them but then was killed by his brilliant student when he finds the experimentation had a cost namely his body being burned out by the tremendous strain caused by channeling such incredible energy. then he could go on to fall under the thrall of white queen Emma who manipulated him in becoming the black king of hellfire club by inducing him in killing Shaw so together they amass further power and strike alliances to increase their influence and gain the tech to traverse dimensions in search for other Scott's whose genetic material would be ingested by Scott to replenish his body whenever he feels wasted. it could work for a AU depiction.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 06-04-2019 at 12:51 PM.

To be happy Cyclops should weld a Magneto helmet on his head and a chastity belt on his crotch.

No more telepaths in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It was a failure in the headcanon of a couple of people, though. And those are the ones currently in charge of the books.
    Like, what books were they reading? SMH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To be happy Cyclops should weld a Magneto helmet on his head and a chastity belt on his crotch.

lol that's hilarious and reminds me of Emmas kookyclops outfit.

BANNED

lol agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I feel like Evil!Clops would find some way to give himself telepathic immunity without the need of a helmet. Maybe some experimental surgery? No chastity belt for him, he's evil.

Blog and discussion thread posts from the Haterz. What else would they be reading?
    Dark does not mean deep.