View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 397 of 619 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    This is really fun, I like it.
    I've seen this also hehe, I wonder what you guys think about Magik?She has been with Scott for practically the last decade, although I don't know if they have ever said it directly I suppose they are currently good friends.

This is likely headcanon, but I think that Scott and Yana bonded over a few unsaid things. At that point, neither one was in a good place with their brother. Colossus actually asked Storm to kill Illyana during the prelude to that run, and Alex was busy playing lapdog to Cap - whose later Hydra reveal actually retconned AvX into making a bit more sense.

Plus with having gone Dark Phoenix Scott had a better sense of Yana having to hold in the Darkchylde. But in the end they come across as somewhat codependent substitute siblings more than anything else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is likely headcanon, but I think that Scott and Yana bonded over a few unsaid things. At that point, neither one was in a good place with their brother. Colossus actually asked Storm to kill Illyana during the prelude to that run, and Alex was busy playing lapdog to Cap - whose later Hydra reveal actually retconned AvX into making a bit more sense.

Plus with having gone Dark Phoenix Scott had a better sense of Yana having to hold in the Darkchylde. But in the end they come across as somewhat codependent substitute siblings more than anything else.
    Pretty much. At the time they both fit into the outsider\morally greyer roles, even within the X-Men. I'm sure Scott being viewed as more of a villain probably gave her a greater sense of belonging, or a least less concerns about judgment.

I could never figure out why she objected to Scott and Emma getting back together so strongly though. To me, from her perspective I would have thought she would have been in favor of stabilizing their little school as much as possible.

And these are heroes buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Pretty much. At the time they both fit into the outsider\morally greyer roles, even within the X-Men. I'm sure Scott being viewed as more of a villain probably gave her a greater sense of belonging, or a least less concerns about judgment.

I could never figure out why she objected to Scott and Emma getting back together so strongly though. To me, from her perspective I would have thought she would have been in favor of stabilizing their little school as much as possible.
    Maybe she wants Scott for herself? If I'm not mistaken, maybe yes, to date Yana has not had any partners and she was almost always close to Scott ... I would not mind this couple even though I think she is too young, right?

By the way, someone could guide me how to follow the story of Scott after AvX in which books he is?
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 06-21-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Maybe she wants Scott for herself? If I'm not mistaken, maybe yes, to date Yana has not had any partners and she was almost always close to Scott ... I would not mind this couple even though I think she is too young, right?
    I've never seen any signs that these two are attracted to one another but it's possible. Due to how Marvel stops aging characters, they're a lot closer now than they were in the 80's. I don't think he'd go to prison, but it would still be weird. Really weird imo.

By the way, someone could guide me how to follow the story of Scott after AvX in which books he is?
    I assume you're talking about the adult and not Tyke right?

AvX Consequences (Gillen)
    All New X-Men\Uncanny Vol 3 (both by Bendis these titles ran at the same time and Scott kind of pops in an out of ANXM - If you only read one, read Uncanny)
    Battle of the Atom crossover issues in X-Men vol 4 (Wood), Wolverine & the X-Men (Aaron) and the above titles - reading the Uncanny\ANXM issues covers most of what's important here
    Secret Wars 2015 (Hickman)
    Death of X (Soule & Lemire)
    IvX - (Soule & Lemire) Scott's not in this per se but it really finishes out the Death of X storyline
    Extermination (Brisson)
    Uncanny vol 5 starting with issue 11
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 06-21-2019 at 02:13 PM.

And these are heroes buddy?

1) - to be fair, that was shortly after the reveal that Yana basically manipulated Pete into taking the mantle of the Juggernaut, that she could have removed that power from him at any time but chose not to do so, and all just so he could finally learn that she isn't his little snowflake anymore. He didn't take that very well - I'm not sure how well anyone would have when I think about it. Or maybe he really was that damned dense that only going overboard and then dialing that up to eleven had a chance of getting through to him.

2) - I am getting the feeling that Yana isn't all that interested in guys - the subtext was always there under Claremont (like it is for all his major female characters) but has also been being signaled under other writers. Maybe Yana will ask Scott to be the surrogate father for her and her partner. We have to hold out hope for eKaterina somehow, right?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, seemed to me at the time, and even more in hindsight, that Illyana's reaction was just her being used as a Bendis' mouthpiece than anything else. He didn't want Scott & Emma together and never really came up with a good reason. I didn't see Magik being attracted to Scott in that run, and the reverse is also true.

And Illyana now would be around 21-22, I think. She's the same age as most of the other NM. The fact that she was drinking at Harry's with everyone might indicate she's at least 21 (though it's debatable whether Harry would give a damn, Scott as written by Rosenberg would probably do).

2) - I am getting the feeling that Yana isn't all that interested in guys - the subtext was always there under Claremont (like it is for all his major female characters) but has also been being signaled under other writers. Maybe Yana will ask Scott to be the surrogate father for her and her partner. We have to hold out hope for eKaterina somehow, right?
    As I said in other threads, if you go by some people, then literally every teenage female Claremont wrote is a lesbian, even the characters Claremont himself wrote having been attracted or in relationships with males, so I wouldn't take anything too seriously. There's nothing about Illyana's character that indicates for sure romantic feelings or attraction to anyone. If I was writing I'd make her bi, since the only other character we have is Mystique, but any writer could make another choice and wouldn't be OOC, IMO.

And is eKaterina KittyxIllyana? Ugh, just no.

Also, Scott & Illyana have shown to be friends with her opening up about not knowing exactly how her powers work, in the Dormammu arc.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 06-21-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, seemed to me at the time, and even more in hindsight, that Illyana's reaction was just her being used as a Bendis' mouthpiece than anything else. He didn't want Scott & Emma together and never really came up with a good reason. I didn't see Magik being attracted to Scott in that run, and the reverse is also true.

And Illyana now would be around 21-22, I think. She's the same age as most of the other NM. The fact that she was drinking at Harry's with everyone might indicate she's at least 21 (though it's debatable whether Harry would give a damn, Scott as written by Rosenberg would probably do).

As I said in other threads, if you go by some people, then literally every teenage female Claremont wrote is a lesbian, even the characters Claremont himself wrote having been attracted or in relationships with males, so I wouldn't take anything too seriously. There's nothing about Illyana's character that indicates for sure romantic feelings or attraction to anyone. If I was writing I'd make her bi, since the only other character we have is Mystique, but any writer could make another choice and wouldn't be OOC, IMO.

And is eKaterina KittyxIllyana? Ugh, just no.

Also, Scott & Illyana have shown to be friends with her opening up about not knowing exactly how her powers work, in the Dormammu arc.
    Actually, eKaterina is a character I did in a gag ficlet a few years back when people were actively shipping Scott and Yana. Imagine a creep factor higher than Alia Atriedies from the David Lynch Dune film, and that Illyana thinks this is the Greatest. Thing. Ever.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I don't know about any romantic attraction, although I wouldn't be against it either, but I think she may have used Cyclops as sort of a substitute for familial/brotherly love that was lost during the Colossus thing. It may have been unintentional, but I think both Scott and Illyana were better for it. They had gone through a lot and continued to go through a lot.

If Yana wants to take the glasses off, she'll need to continue improving her magic so she can go into his mind and give him the telepathic toe tickling that he needs from a partner. It's the greatest thing someone could do for another, and it's what our boy deserves.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I don't know about any romantic attraction, although I wouldn't be against it either, but I think she may have used Cyclops as sort of a substitute for familial/brotherly love that was lost during the Colossus thing. It may have been unintentional, but I think both Scott and Illyana were better for it. They had gone through a lot and continued to go through a lot.
    Yeah, I saw the bond as a brother/sister thing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, I saw the bond as a brother/sister thing.
    I hope they build on this, our assumptions that is, and give us a more vibrant brother/sister relationship between these two.

This was sort of brought up in another thread, but it was pointed out that Scott's kids typically all have Jean's powers, except for Ruby of course. This made me realize that Scott doesn't have a legacy character. Any wonders as to why or is there a character that seems like a potential protege for Scott that I'm missing?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott's kids are legacy characters of him too, even if they don't necessarily have his powers. You can throw Alex as a legacy character of him too, since he was created much later.

Scott's kids are legacy characters of him too, even if they don't necessarily have his powers. You can throw Alex as a legacy character of him too, since he was created much later.
    I mean, technically that's true, but I thought legacy characters either had the name of a hero or their attributes?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I can't think of a good in character reason. If it was Kitty, sure. And she was even around to deliver that line IIRC. Lazy writing.