View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 412 of 619 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    We got that bad, huh? Well, that's at least nice to hear and see from you. Honestly, this is a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    Here is my gift to you all--I have no plans to put out any stories regarding whether Cyclops in that era was right pretty much ever again. As far as I am concerned, the annual was the end of that storyline.

From now on, we can all judge him by his current actions.
    That’s good enough for me, if it doesn’t get brought up again I won’t mention it either.

*in relation to Marvel creative.

BANNED

Cyclops will always be right in the eyes of most readers, despite Marvel pushing a different narrative.

Same stuff happened with Clone Conspiracy, OMD, Sin's Past, CW, CW2, etc.

Marvel never admits their wrongs, they tend to just ignore them and move on so his answer makes sense. Just ignore the Rightclops era and move on—the Marvel Method.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Cyclops will always be right in the eyes of most readers, despite Marvel pushing a different narrative.

Same stuff happened with Clone Conspiracy, OMD, Sin's Past, CW, CW2, etc.

Marvel never admits their wrongs, they tend to just ignore them and move on so his answer makes sense. Just ignore the Rightclops era and move on—the Marvel Method.
    Unless you're Scott.
    They'll enforce it.
    Hitlar: Cyclops was wrong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

JDW already confirmed on this very thread that Marvel isn't going to work or pay more attention to whatever Cyclops was right or wrong.
    Whenever he was or not doesn't matter anymore, for good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    JDW already confirmed on this very thread that Marvel isn't going to work or pay more attention to whatever Cyclops was right or wrong.
    The issue is that his behavior is very much dictated by what happened before he died. If it isn't going to be addressed, then it creates a massive logical disconnect between his behavior and how the audience is supposed to perceive it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Color me skeptical, but it's very difficult to take someone's word at face value--- especially when it's easy to tell a fib for marketing purposes. See: comic book covers & teasers.

And methinks the X-Office knows that, too. That bashing Cyke generates a lot of views and discussion. I think it was Brevoort that admitted controversy sells comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue is that his behavior is very much dictated by what happened before he died. If it isn't going to be addressed, then it creates a massive logical disconnect between his behavior and how the audience is supposed to perceive it.
    Yep.

All I'm saying is, pretty words are nice but at this point--- after having a narrative beaten on our heads for years despite their own stories proving otherwise (DoX debacle, anyone???)--- but don't get distracted by the Jedi hand-wave!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've read and watched too many stories where there is a 'keep my word to the letter' ending that winds up being very bad.

For him being wrong, I can understand the intent, but too little was shown on the page or it was undermined by other books.

For example, the story setup with Schism (and I agree more with Logan's stance in that story even if I think he was wrong in that very moment) was undercut by Logan's students always being in danger while Scott's remaining students were never shown to be in any (granted, this is by virtue of being off panel, but such things still matter).

In AvX, we were told about him not giving up the Phoenix Force, but not one of the other four ever did that either (which would have gone a loooong ways towards making that narrative stick). To say nothing of the way Cap came across in that story (Colossus talked some guys down? We must attack now!).

Or the story of X-Force, which by having Scott form such a squad is a major step away from what he used to be, but then after he disbands it another one is formed behind his back and even after that new one is found out no one seems to overly care about it. It can't be terrible when one person does it and then be awesome and kickass when someone else does it right after.
    I totally agree with plus how much Avengers fail in not reading the 'How to Have an Successful Exorcism for Idiots." That and how wrong most of these stories are considering what the X-Men mean metaphorically or basic story telling. You have the avengers attack a disadvantages, persecuted, isolated and marginalized group of people's home because of a phenomena that they were completely ignorant of but this group had a great deal of experience with. Because of the Avengers actions 5 of this groups leaders end up in a completely altered state of mind with questionable control of their actions. The Avengers instead of talking things out again harass all of these 5 until they snap. After all of them up, causing a mentor of one to be killed by one of these individuals because you opted to go with worst exorcism strategy possible. Facilitating this individual to be thrown in a prison in which he would be killed. This does not age well nor does it make the Avengers at all seem like the heroes.

You want us to seriously think that a guy that is is trying his best to lead his people to safety and keep them alive, is the bad guy? It would be like if in season 4 Deep Space 9 suddenly kept saying that Sisko was the worst and next to Hitler because he did questionable things to help them all be able to survive. It also over simplifies the question. Actually well handled situations, like Sisko and the Romulans in the Dominion War are way more complicated than a good or bad, when doing a few bad things was the likely the only way to change his people (Plus most of the galaxy) from facing certain doom. Or
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    I totally agree with plus how much Avengers fail in not reading the 'How to Have an Successful Exorcism for Idiots." That and how wrong most of these stories are considering what the X-Men mean metaphorically or basic story telling. You have the avengers attack a disadvantages, persecuted, isolated and marginalized group of people's home because of a phenomena that they were completely ignorant of but this group had a great deal of experience with. Because of the Avengers actions 5 of this groups leaders end up in a completely altered state of mind with questionable control of their actions. The Avengers instead of talking things out again harass all of these 5 until they snap. After all of them up, causing a mentor of one to be killed by one of these individuals because you opted to go with worst exorcism strategy possible. Facilitating this individual to be thrown in a prison in which he would be killed. This does not age well nor does it make the Avengers at all seem like the heroes.

You want us to seriously think that a guy that is is trying his best to lead his people to safety and keep them alive, is the bad guy? It would be like if in season 4 Deep Space 9 suddenly kept saying that Sisko was the worst and next to Hitler because he did questionable things to help them all be able to survive. It also over simplifies the question. Actually well handled situations, like Sisko and the Romulans in the Dominion War are way more complicated than a good or bad, when doing a few bad things was the likely the only way to change his people (Plus most of the galaxy) from facing certain doom. Or
    I'm reminded of the cocaine analogy the AvX writers used for the Phoenix Force. It's not completely accurate, but it does make the plot even funnier. The Avengers basically forcefully injected the P5 with cocaine, and when they were high and pursuing world peace, kept poking them with a stick until they finally snapped. Then, they injected Hope with cocaine afterwards.

Ladies and gents, your big darn heroeeeeeeessss!!!

But, eh, JDW already went on record here that the mean, "bad, Cyke. Bad!!!" thing Cyke did that he needs redemption, coming to the nearest comic book shop near you that's still open, happened pre-Schism...Something tells me the triangle/rectangle thread is about to blow up again.
    Last edited by xiyon; 06-26-2019 at 01:17 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The Phoenix is cocaine and M-Pox is being allergic to peanuts.

Hmmm spend my money on video games or comics??

Video games win this round. Going to wait for Hickman, he seems to like Scott so there is a little hope there. I lost interest in Uxm after someone told me it will merge with AOX-men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Hmmm spend my money on video games or comics??

Video games win this round. Going to wait for Hickman, he seems to like Scott so there is a little hope there. I lost interest in Uxm after someone told me it will merge with AOX-men.
    The nintendo e3 announcements got me hyped...

Yet I still find myself playing puyo puyo tetris while waiting for BotW 2~~~

Serious question. Is Cyke a minesweeper or solitaire guy?
    Let your wallet talk.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Serious question. Is Cyke a minesweeper or solitaire guy?
    Cyclops doesn't waste time on the computer, or anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cyclops doesn't waste time on the computer, or anywhere else.
    Scott plays Hello Kitty Online. It is canon. He's so amazing that he does not care what others think.