View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 414 of 619 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 9276
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Boom-Boom: "Dash cancels? What the f...? Wait, that's like forty per cent of my health... Summers, did you spend the whole night practicing or something?"
    Cyclops: "Firstly, you double dared me to do just that after you mopped the floor with me. Secondly, I was high on painkillers and too wired up to go to sleep anyw..."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh my freakin' gawd, are you still going on about this? I apologized alrea... You know what, screw it, I'm taking it back. All I did was joke about you looking like a narc. That sniper totally wouldn't have started shooting if you hadn't gotten all pissy about it. Besides, you had armor on and, let's be real, here, so what if that concussive shot or whatever blasted you like twenty feet back and broke three of your ribs."
    Cyclops: "Five, actually."
    Boom-Boom: "What-ever. The point is, you totally overreacted and ruined everything by blowing up that sniper's nest. You saw how upset Neesa was over all that prep and smooth talking going to waste."
    Cyclops: "......................"
    Boom-Boom: "Exactly. I shouldn't have to apologize for anything in the first place. Also, Neena said she'd bench me for the next mission, which is ridiculously unfair, so, really, I'm the victim, here."
    Cyclops: "Thirdly, I thought you were good at this game?"
    Boom-Boom: "Well, yeah! But I've playing with Neena, Jimmy, Anna and Remy lately. The first two give button mashing a bad name and the other two won't shut the hell up about their marriage instead of... Mmm. Okay, fine, so it kinda occurs to me that maybe they weren't the best sparring buddies and maaayyybe I've been slack... Aww, there is no way you... That is it. You don't get to play Sonya anymore. I forbid it."
    Cyclops: "Tabitha, you recommended I'd use her as my main. You'd said she'd be perfect because she's the super boring military type nobody likes and that her voice acting was the wor..."
    Boom-Boom: "That's not how we're remembering it. You totally Jedi mind-tricked me into thinking I wanted you to play a stupidly OP'd character just so you could virtually beat me up and hurt my feelings."
    Cyclops: "Huh huh. Isn't Cassie Cage ranked pretty high, too?"
    Boom-Boom: "Shut up, we're not talking about my... Her two tournament specs totally aren't O... I mean, hey, it's all in good fun and you're clearly, cleeeaaarly the challenge-enjoying type, right?"
    Boom-Boom: "......................"
    Boom-Boom: "......................"
    Cyclops: "D'Vorah, then?"
    Boom-Boom: "Awesome. Also, we'll be telling people I bullied you into submission. You know, righteous retaliation for that mean Jedi mind-trick stunt you pulled earlier. Hell, if anything, you're lucky you got yourself shot, broke three of yours ribs and haven't stopped whining about it, otherwise I'd have no choice but to kick your ass on principle or something."
    Cyclops: *Long-suffering sigh*
    These Cyke and Boom shorts need an artist, stat!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Actually, it's a small panel of the entire team in their undies, but Scott is front and center for whatever (read: editorially-mandated quota) reason.

You know, the more I look at this image, the more I find Dani's "game face" funny.
    Why are they all naked? The x men get into some kinky stuff with Scott around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Why are they all naked? The x men get into some kinky stuff with Scott around.
    Explained right in the panel.

Actually, it's a small panel of the entire team in their undies, but Scott is front and center for whatever (read: editorially-mandated quota) reason.

You know, the more I look at this image, the more I find Dani's "game face" funny.
    WHo has the more sillier beard?

Also really awkward: I'm pretty sure thats Hope next to Jamie and CHamber. Poor Scott.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I found an interesting cameo.

There's a fairly minor NPC in the Playstation game Wild Arms 2 named Scott Summers.

The blue and yellow outfit, the strap, the visor looking headband... yeah this is pretty much what anime Year 1 Cyclops would have looked like.

He's also buddies with another slightly less minor NPC named Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    David Messina teasers:

Sexy Scott once more
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Tell me this isn't JDW taking our little exchange from earlier in the week to Twitter....

I think he missed the point many were trying to make, or at least I was. It's not a question of wanting to fix it or not fix it, whatever "it" is when it comes to Scott. It's a matter of taking years and years to fix it and the fixing coming to define the character.

I know some of you think there's nothing to fix, and I get that perspective. But even for those who do think there was redemption required at some point previously, our argument was that it's already happened or should have already happened. The window for per-shism shenanigans to be resolved has long closed in my opinion, but I guess for JDW, he feels that whatever happened wasn't good enough. I just don't get how he can think that after years of character narrative focused around how terrible Scott is, the fans would have an appetite to dig even deeper into that to resolve it somehow.

I just feels like nobody's really listening to what's being said on this topic and we're just being written up as difficult fans who can't grasp why we're wrong on this. How did we get so completely out of touch with editorial and vice-versa?

The abominable ideology of wanting to protect minorities must be condemned and purged from Scott.

Do not use the M world with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Tell me this isn't JDW taking our little exchange from earlier in the week to Twitter....

I think he missed the point many were trying to make, or at least I was. It's not a question of wanting to fix it or not fix it, whatever "it" is when it comes to Scott. It's a matter of taking years and years to fix it and the fixing coming to define the character.

I know some of you think there's nothing to fix, and I get that perspective. But even for those who do think there was redemption required at some point previously, our argument was that it's already happened or should have already happened. The window for per-shism shenanigans to be resolved has long closed in my opinion, but I guess for JDW, he feels that whatever happened wasn't good enough. I just don't get how he can think that after years of character narrative focused around how terrible Scott is, the fans would have an appetite to dig even deeper into that to resolve it somehow.

I just feels like nobody's really listening to what's being said on this topic and we're just being written up as difficult fans who can't grasp why we're wrong on this. How did we get so completely out of touch with editorial and vice-versa?
    Because part of getting to upper management, especially in a big company like Marvel, means never ever admitting you were wrong about anything, and how well you perform in shifting blame to others. That's why my hype for Hickman is gone. Regardless of what he says, if JDW wants a mopey pointless Scott with a forever redemption arc, or a cartoonishly stupid Magneto or a cartoonishly stupid Emma, he's going to get it and Hickman will just have to deal with it. That way any blame about those can be shifting to Hickman.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Interesting, sounds like it might be. Having already said my view on the situation, I don't know what else I can add for clarification. At this point I'm just really curious as to how Scott will be written by Hickman.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because part of getting to upper management, especially in a big company like Marvel, means never ever admitting you were wrong about anything, and how well you perform in shifting blame to others. That's why my hype for Hickman is gone. Regardless of what he says, if JDW wants a mopey pointless Scott with a forever redemption arc, or a cartoonishly stupid Magneto or a cartoonishly stupid Emma, he's going to get it and Hickman will just have to deal with it. That way any blame about those can be shifting to Hickman.
    White needs Hickman more than Hickman needs White.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    White needs Hickman more than Hickman needs White.
    I disagree. When you work at a company, you tow the line or you get tossed. White still runs the show at the end of the day. He can claim til the cows come home that Hickman was complete creative freedom, but I don't believe it for a second.

BANNED

I kinda doubt it has to do with Scott, but maybe? So, is he implying Scott became "as bad as the ones he fought against" from the moment he sanctioned X-Force or something? It's a fallacy and a typical first-worlder way of thinking, so it wouldn't surprise if that was the case. I'm actually kind of curious about what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I disagree. When you work at a company, you tow the line or you get tossed. White still runs the show at the end of the day. He can claim til the cows come home that Hickman was complete creative freedom, but I don't believe it for a second.
    Although White is editor and Hickman "only" writer, Hickman is a star. Much of the HOX / POX hype comes simply from the fact that it is Hickman. Nobody would give two cents if the great re-launch of X-Men was writen by, I do not know, Brisson.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Although White is editor and Hickman "only" writer, Hickman is a star. Much of the HOX / POX hype comes simply from the fact that it is Hickman. Nobody would give two cents if the great re-launch of X-Men was writen by, I do not know, Brisson.
    Which allows Hickman more pull than other writers, but if White wants something (and Uncanny shows exactly what he wants), then Hickman gets to choose the window dressing.