View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 415 of 619 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which allows Hickman more pull than other writers, but if White wants something (and Uncanny shows exactly what he wants), then Hickman gets to choose the window dressing.
    Would White risk his professional relationship with the only man capable of resurrecting the X-Men by pure spite to Cyclops?

Now that I've written it, I do not know what to answer.

I do not know, seeing the things that White allows Rosenberg, I get the feeling that Hickman is quite, much more progressive than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Would White risk his professional relationship with the only man capable of resurrecting the X-Men by pure spite to Cyclops?

Now that I've written it, I do not know what to answer.

I do not know, seeing the things that White allows Rosenberg, I get the feeling that Hickman is quite, much more progressive than him.
    It's nothing as malicious as "I want you to **** up the story to make Cyclops look bad", more of "Continue the status quo for the characters, and adjustments have to pass by my desk."

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Tell me this isn't JDW taking our little exchange from earlier in the week to Twitter....

I think he missed the point many were trying to make, or at least I was. It's not a question of wanting to fix it or not fix it, whatever "it" is when it comes to Scott. It's a matter of taking years and years to fix it and the fixing coming to define the character.

I know some of you think there's nothing to fix, and I get that perspective. But even for those who do think there was redemption required at some point previously, our argument was that it's already happened or should have already happened. The window for per-shism shenanigans to be resolved has long closed in my opinion, but I guess for JDW, he feels that whatever happened wasn't good enough. I just don't get how he can think that after years of character narrative focused around how terrible Scott is, the fans would have an appetite to dig even deeper into that to resolve it somehow.

I just feels like nobody's really listening to what's being said on this topic and we're just being written up as difficult fans who can't grasp why we're wrong on this. How did we get so completely out of touch with editorial and vice-versa?
    Ulf you and MM616 are of the few who could articulate the issues of the current Scott direction. If this is the answer yer given, I dont see much hope for the upcoming Hickman.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It's nothing as malicious as "I want you to **** up the story to make Cyclops look bad", more of "Continue the status quo for the characters, and adjustments have to pass by my desk."
    I do not know, Hickman's statements about Magneto "That with each passing day he’s, more and more, ideologically ‘of the times.’ " and the use of the modified revolutionary suit makes me hopeful. He also mentioned that for him Scott is cooler than Logan.

I do not know, Hickman's statements about Magneto "That with each passing day he’s, more and more, ideologically ‘of the times.’ " and the use of the modified revolutionary suit makes me hopeful. He also mentioned that for him Scott is cooler than Logan.
    He can have whatever opinions he wants. The issue is whether they will ever see the page.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeah, but his Scott also sounded a little evil.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, but his Scott also sounded a little evil.
    Everyone except Sunspot and his team sounded evil in Time Runs Out.

Everyone except Sunspot and his team sounded evil in Time Runs Out.
    That doesn't exactly boost my confidence for this upcoming run.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Eh, Scott was still the lesser "evil" and his characterization made waaaay more sense than Cap being a petty *******.

And Scott was also called "a man of the times" by Beast when Roberto called Scott dangerous. If anything, Hickman favors the idea of more combative X-Men than a bunch of toothless pacifists.

That doesn't exactly boost my confidence for this upcoming run.
    Well, that was at the end of the Marvel universe, in the most desperate times they've lived, everyone was a little nuts.

Curiosity: Scott, Magneto and Spectrum were the only three characters with plans to save the Earth in the Final Incursion. Spectrum hesitated at the last moment and failed, Magneto was not powerful enough and Scott was teleported before he could carry out his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Eh, Scott was still the lesser "evil" and his characterization made waaaay more sense than Cap being a petty *******.

And Scott was also called "a man of the times" by Beast when Roberto called Scott dangerous. If anything, Hickman favors the idea of more combative X-Men than a bunch of toothless pacifists.
    His Scott definitely had his strengths, I won't lie there; but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about what he'll deliver. After, HoX/Pox, who knows which writer is getting Scott?

Well, that was at the end of the Marvel universe, in the most desperate times they've lived, everyone was a little nuts.

Curiosity: Scott, Magneto and Spectrum were the only three characters with plans to save the Earth in the Final Incursion. Spectrum hesitated at the last moment and failed, Magneto was not powerful enough and Scott was teleported before he could carry out his plan.
    Scott looked like he was going the way of the phoenix by purging everything and rebuilding.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-27-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Scott is in what appears to be the main team (Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Husk, Monet and Archangel) that Hickman will continue but we can not be sure.

His Scott definitely had his strengths, I won't lie there; but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about what he'll deliver. After, HoX/Pox, who knows which writer is getting Scott?

Scott looked like he was going the way of the phoenix by purging everything and rebuilding.
    Still better plan than to do nothing or flee in a Noah's Ark.

Here's a House of X#1 variant by David Yardin that homages Jim Lee's cover to Uncanny X-Men #268. Kinda LOLed at Scott copying Black Widow's T&A pose.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzO4Kz1pTGP/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Here's a House of X#1 variant by David Yardin that homages Jim Lee's cover to Uncanny X-Men #268. Kinda LOLed at Scott copying Black Widow's T&A pose.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzO4Kz1pTGP/

That looks good and of course Scott gets the T&A, you don't get to lead the X-Men if you skip leg day.