View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 431 of 619 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Of course, is also possible Jean wouldn't be in the cartoon at all if she wasn't in the team at the time: see how Gambit made it and Bishop was a guest star a few times, but Kitty didn' made TAS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What do you guys think would have happened if Jean never came back and wasn't killed?
    Would Scott and Maddie still be together? would scemma be a thing? would Scott have become a revolutionary or would he retire?
    What are your thoughts on the matter.
    Assuming everything else stays the same, that means that Maddie would still be a tool of Sinister, right? That revelation, as well as the dissolution of her relationship with Scott, might still have led to her villainous turn. How would Jean's absence affect Maddie's identity crisis? Would the good times with Scott, and their son, affect her? Maddie was a big part of Scott's life, so the trajectory of her character would affect him too. Maybe their falling out would make Scott close the book on Jean for good? Or at least redheads...

I think Scott and Emma would still have gotten together but it would've taken a little longer. Everything after that would've played largely the same, I don't see Scott retiring.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There are many stories where some characters can be replaced (they don't work nearly as good though) but the DPS has to have Jean. She is totally irreplaceable on that story (which happens to be the biggest X-men story). So in a way or another Jean was, is or will be present on any adaptation of the X-men.
    I think it is very probable she would be on the cartoon. The closest thing were Jean didn't appear (much) was on the anime and she still was a huge part of Cyclops back story.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

What do you guys think would have happened if Jean never came back and wasn't killed?
    Would Scott and Maddie still be together? would scemma be a thing? would Scott have become a revolutionary or would he retire?
    What are your thoughts on the matter.
    I don't think Maddie and Scott would have lasted considering Claremont's and Marvel's differing opinions on Scott as a superhero. I think she would have been killed by a super villain. As for Emma and Scott, I don't think it would have happened. It would have probably been someone else. Considering how much Jean impacted Scott's history, I think he would have gone into an entirely different direction in her absence.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Ok so I'm getting close to my DPS era in my Claremont readathon and the CykexColleen is just weird.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Ok so I'm getting close to my DPS era in my Claremont readathon and the CykexColleen is just weird.
    She was with Cable and Magneto too if i remember correctly.
    She has weird taste.

What specifically?

She was with Cable and Magneto too if i remember correctly.
    She has weird taste.
    I think you have Lee Forrester and Collen Wing mixed up.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What specifically?

You're right. My mistake

You're right. My mistake
    She does have weird tastes though, or just a thing for white hair.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What specifically?

THe fact that its a thing.

I mean yeah Scott and co think Jean and Hank are dead(the heck did Hank disappear to? If he was still an Avenger, the xmen shoulda caught them on tv) but it just feels odd. Like a really weird moving on thing.

I dunno how to explain...
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

I never liked it and it made me hate Colleen. She knew Jean was alive yet kept that a secret from Scott while she tried to move in on him

I mean yeah Scott and co think Jean and Hank are dead(the heck did Hank disappear to? If he was still an Avenger, the xmen shoulda caught them on tv) but it just feels odd. Like a really weird moving on thing.

why? The Avengers werent on tv all the time and the X-men werent exactly watching much tv in the aftermath bc they were on the move. Besides they wernt from the Savage Land to Japan to Canada.When they finally returned to NY, they were quickly abducted by Arcade for Murderworld and first chance for breathing room after that had them run into Beast. I thought the sequence of events was believable
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-08-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never liked it and it made me hate Colleen. She knew Jean was alive yet kept that a secret from Scott while she tried to move in on him
    Oh crap I didn't even think on that. Wow. WHy did Claremont do that?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Ah, okay. That's fine, it makes sense to me.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why? The Avengers werent on tv all the time and the X-men werent exactly watching much tv in the aftermath bc they were on the move. Besides they wernt from the Savage Land to Japan to Canada.When they finally returned to NY, they were quickly abducted by Arcade for Murderworld and first chance for breathing room after that had them run into Beast. I thought the sequence of events was believable
    Yeah thats reasonable. I just assumed there were times where things were calm enough for them to catch the news and see an Avengers battle. The rapid fire troubles does answer that part.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Default Avengers & X-Men United vs. Cyclops - The Aftermath Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Muh gawd! Will Cyke finally activate World Peace Mode by sleeping with the Marvel Universe???
    You can't possibly think I'd be that kind to Cyke, can you? Anyway. I have a feeling the next two weeks will be on the disappointing side, to put it mildly. Here's my contribution to proper Cyclops Soul-Crushing Abuse lore.

Boom-Boom: "Woah, woah, Carol! There's really, really no need for the attitude, alright? Just offering some friendly advice which, sorry not sorry, looks like you could totally use right about now, okay? I get it, Steve and Tony are, like, legends, and knocking them the efff out is not something I'd normally encourage, but let's face facts, here, you've got two grown men standing around and bitching about another dude getting lai... Oh, Logan and Hank are doing the exact same thing. Right now? For the love of... Hold on a sec, okay? Will someone just shoot Logan and Hank already? No, not kill them, you dumbasses, just, you know, shoot them in a 'you guys rock and we love you to death but oh my God you're embarrassing us right now, please, please stop' kind of way?' Seriously? Oh well, guess a girl really does have to do everything around her... "
    Cyclops: "Tabitha!"
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, goody, this is going to turn into a classic 'I get to have crazy creepy kinky Phoenix sex for the whole world to see - again - but you guys can't shoot people and have any fun, ever' Cyclops lecture, isn't it?"
    Cyclops: "Tabitha. No shooting. Just try to ignore them."
    Boom-Boom: "Please, like that would ever... Oh. You did say 'try'. Mmm. Still. Come. On. What do you care anyway?"
    Cyclops: " I don't. I'm preemptively shutting down the inevitable whining and scapegoating."
    Boom-Boom: "There you go - again - with the paranoia. That is totally not how we X-Men deal with, like, every single problem, ever."
    Cyclops: "......................."
    Cyclops: "Of course it isn't. Tabitha, stop trolling whomever you're..."
    Boom-Boom: "Carol. She says it's your fault she's stuck babysitting Steve and Tony and it's embarrassing and she hates you."
    Cyclops: "Hi, Carol. Tabitha. Stop being a troll and give me back my phone."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, please, that thing would've totally been burnt to a crisp when we slingshotted you into your crazy-ass cosmic ex soon-to-be baby mama and watched in horror as you two perverted whackjobs redefined the, huh... miracle of fire and life, I guess? Anyway. If anything, you should be thanking me for... "
    Cyclops: "I left the phone with the bike, actually. You took it, wandered off and have been calling back slash trolling high-profile marks ever since."
    Boom-Boom: "Pfff. Not even close. I'm totally helping. Carol left death threats on your voice mail because you wouldn't call Steve and Tony back and now she's got to deal with them standing around and bitching about you getting laid, not apologizing for blowing up Tony's dumbass cannon and not giving Steve his stupid shield back, which, granted, he totally threw at you and the girls, but don't you think not giving it back is kind of petty? Ooooh, speaking of the girls, did they pick names yet?"
    Cyclops: "They did. Rachel and Ruby."
    Boom-Boom: "Aaww. Rach is going to be super stoked. Poor girl could really use some cheering up after that seriously brutal ego mauling she got from your baby mama and Re..."
    Rachel: "Finally! After all this time! A family who cares and loves me for being me!"
    Rachel 2.0/Ruby 2.0: ".......................!"
    Rachel: "Really? That's so sweet! Well, I think you girls have very pretty thoughts too!"
    Rachel: "Aaawww! Aren't you two the most adorable, huggable fireballs ever?"
    Boom-Boom: "Oookay. Full-blown meltdown it is, then. Classic Summers move. Figures. Wait, did you trick your other daughter into naming herself after your freakin' eyewear? Because that would be seriously lame, even for you."
    Cyclops: "The girls said something about a half sister they'd like to visit one da..."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, please, who'd be crazy enough to have kids with you and name them after jewelr... Oh, no. Oh no, no, no, no, no. Duuude, she's been acting sooo weird lately. She's got this cardboard cutout and we keep telling her 'But you guys aren't together anymore!' and she's all 'Whhaaa? No, Scott and I are still totally together. You know Scott, he just doesn't do the PDA thing.' and then, I dunno, she does that weird telepath glare thingy and it's the next day or whatever. This. Is. Not. Good."
    Cyclops: "Emma wouldn't..."
    Boom-Boom: "Scott? You're Cyclops. You don't know anything about anything. Let the pros handle this. Carol? Yeah, we've got another Crazy Cyclops Ex crisis to deal with. The blonde, not the read... Which redhead? Ah, that's funny! I know. Believe me, I know. Humongous jerk, does nothing but ruin the lives of awesomer people, which is basically everyone else, ever. Problem is, standing around and bitching about him getting laid isn't going to make his twin Phoenix baby girls any less adorable. Well, Carol, you guys did try to blast the adorable, huggable fireballs into oblivion, so, really, you don't get to be all hurt and upset over the Internet calling you a bunch of Would-Be Baby Phoenix Murdering A-Holes. Speaking of which, Scott, you're not still mad at Steve, Tony, Carol and the drones for trying to put down baby Mini Rachel and Ruby just to spite you, right?"
    Cyclops: "......................."
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-09-2019 at 03:00 AM.