View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 448 of 619 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Lol, it has nothing to do with nostalgia (which is apparently a term used to everything some doesn't like)
    Change is a funny nothing, Cyclops changed from a boyscout to rightclops, he wasn't going to be stuck in there, it was impossible for that to last forever. Now he is going to move from that era too (and from Emma, lets not forget that some are deepely on denial of this, he moved from maddie, supposedly from Jean of course it is possible from him to move fom Emma (like she was the only one he didn't marry, it is the easiest one)).
    There's a difference between moving on and changing because circumstances changed and spend years and years insisting the character was WROOOONG. For example, Jim Zub wrote Cyclops in Champions that was a lot closer to boyscout Cyclops without having to spend the entire issue with characters doing non-sense rants about how he was wrong and evil. And this same X-office has no problems with characters like Wolverine and Bishop being heroes. It's just Cyclops the one that has to WROOOOOOOOONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's a difference between moving on and changing because circumstances changed and spend years and years insisting the character was WROOOONG. For example, Jim Zub wrote Cyclops in Champions that was a lot closer to boyscout Cyclops without having to spend the entire issue with characters doing non-sense rants about how he was wrong and evil. And this same X-office has no problems with characters like Wolverine and Bishop being heroes. It's just Cyclops the one that has to WROOOOOOOOONG.
    Maybe it's the glasses that prejudice Cyclops and turn him into a Charlie Brown…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like Scott, he is my second fave and I understand that some people loved his rightclops characterization and many of the things he did there but I feel that there are also parts of Scott that have been ignored or that I would like to be developed more, for people to see him on a less controversial way.

When I "met" Scott and liked him, it was because he was/is a brave man willing to fight againts anything for the things he believes, a responsible person that valued duty and did his best to make things on the best way posible, he has had some problems as a partner and a dad but he has also loved like no one else on the X-men with all his heart, cared for his friends and very complicated family.
    There are noble, amazing things on Scott that don't shine or are recognized because of all the controversy and drama since the extinctions and love triangles dominated his narrative. Some people loved that and how he became on the last decade and there are cool thing there, but that's not all he is or everything he could be. He wasn't wrong but he could focus on other things and I like that someone on the X-office thinks or wants to move him from that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I like Scott, he is my second fave and I understand that some people loved his rightclops characterization and many of the things he did there but I feel that there are also parts of Scott that have been ignored or that I would like to be developed more, for people to see him on a less controversial way.

When I "met" Scott and liked him, it was because he was/is a brave man willing to fight againts anything for the things he believes, a responsible person that valued duty and did his best to make things on the best way posible, he has had some problems as a partner and a dad but he has also loved like no one else on the X-men with all his heart, cared for his friends and very complicated family.
    There are noble, amazing things on Scott that don't shine or are recognized because of all the controversy and drama since the extinctions and love triangles dominated his narrative. Some people loved that and how he became on the last decade and there are cool thing there, but that's not all he is or everything he could be. He wasn't wrong but he could focus on other things and I like that someone on the X-office thinks or wants to move him from that.
    I actually agree with all this - and I'm not upset that they want to move Scott past that phase (since I don't believe that it is a natural fit for him, just something he did because all other options were gone), but they need to find a narrative other than "Cyclops is the wrongiest wronger to have ever wronged" that they keep hammering at over and over and over. Because until they do that, he'll never be able to address his actual mistakes because the writers and editors keep insisting on dealing with headcanon.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Exactly, if the transition had been natural we would not be discussing this, or at least not so much. They have generated a rebound effect.

They maybe going a bit overboard with the "he was wrong" that is true but at least how I see it is that. Cyclops did something with good intentions, some things worked but there were also some bad results and he is just learning and changing his aproach.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's not even the whole shift in attitude that's annoying beyond belief. It's the hilariously unique metrics being used to screw him over and absolve everyone else of any wrongdoing, really.

Other characters' have their sins/mistakes briefly addressed only to be handed out semi-instant pardons, but Scott has to be punished for years. It just feels like everyone else is playing on Casual difficulty and he's being punished for playing on Hardcore/Brutal difficulty and surviving it. Comes off as really, really petty.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They maybe going a bit overboard with the "he was wrong" that is true but at least how I see it is that. Cyclops did something with good intentions, some things worked but there were also some bad results and he is just learning and changing his aproach.
    But there are two problems with this: one, no one addresses any specific thing he did wrong, with actual examples, because there's nothing that dramatically bad; two, Cyclops himself was changing his approach as needed: for example, he shut down X-force after MC, but the guy that continued with it behind his back and saw it blow up in his face (Logan) not only doesn't get the same treatment, but was first treated as a saint who was completely right (WatXM and Schism).and gets no recrimination for trying to murder a teenage girl (and that after his team murdered a child in the first mission) and for continuing the killing squad in the first place. Also comes off as someone having a personal stake there.

Alright, any last minute Cyclops-centric predictions for tomorrow's issue and its off-panel fallout?

Scott on his knees crying and begging Chuck for forgiveness? Scott and Jean reuniting off-panel during the inevitable/classic Hickman Time Jump?

I'd say he's incompetent in battle and is saved by Magik, but I'm not sure if it's possible anymore. You're probably right about Chuck related shenanigans.

Like I said before, if he and Jean were supposed to reunite, that would have happened in this run already, and Marvel would have milked that **** out of that for drama. So either Hickman doesn't want them together or will put them back himself.

I'd say he's incompetent in battle and is saved by Magik, but I'm not sure if it's possible anymore. You're probably right about Chuck related shenanigans.
    I'll raise you. He's saved by Hope, lol.

Like I said before, if he and Jean were supposed to reunite, that would have happened in this run already, and Marvel would have milked that **** out of that for drama. So either Hickman doesn't want them together or will put them back himself.
    I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelash if Hickman pulled such a (admittedly hilarious) troll move just to prove that he can.

I hope every body is treated with respect. (I would also like something between Jean and Scott though, some people think they suck exactly because their last interactions were pretty bad but that was not what their relationship was about not were it should be stuck)

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelash if Hickman pulled such a (admittedly hilarious) troll move just to prove that he can.
    No, it's possible Hickman would want them together at the start of the story- however, considering they had a year to prepare, the X-men books would have done the will they/won't they thing.

Edit: this comment felt redundant.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-16-2019 at 04:12 PM.

No, it's possible Hickman would want them together at the start of the story- however, considering they had a year to prepare, the X-men books would have done the will they/won't they thing.
    Editorial wouldn't have been able to get as many cheap shots had Jeansus been around.