View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 453 of 619 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Its not really my s$%t that I'm losing. More like heart. I only started actual comic reading in 2012. Seven years and I'm feeling I need to take what I can get and run off.
    I guess a lot of this come down to what Scott was when we became fans. My first exposure to him was in the 80’s. That’s a very different perspective than someone who’s come into the franchise in the last decade or so.

It’s comics. If this run proves anything, it’s that nothing lasts forever. All I’m saying is that I think it’s unfair to prejudge Hickman for the issues that immediately lead into his run. Let’s see where this goes. I actually think we mostly all want the same things for Scott with very minor variations. From what Hickman is saying I think it’s possible we can get most of what we want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I turn 25 today, so Rosenberg’s run, good and bad, being concluded is a fine gift. I haven’t had a chance to read the issue yet, I’m working, but there’s a Jott kiss? Interesting.
    Happy Birthday to you!

I turn 25 today, so Rosenberg’s run, good and bad, being concluded is a fine gift. I haven’t had a chance to read the issue yet, I’m working, but there’s a Jott kiss? Interesting.
    Happy Birthday Hizashi! I hope something comes your way that makes you smile today. Wow 25... brings back memories.

As for what you’re mentioning, I wrote a post about that over in the Jott thread that may be helpful. Mixed feelings for sure but that’s more about execution than intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I guess a lot of this come down to what Scott was when we became fans. My first exposure to him was in the 80’s. That’s a very different perspective than someone who’s come into the franchise in the last decade or so.

It’s comics. If this run proves anything, it’s that nothing lasts forever. All I’m saying is that I think it’s unfair to prejudge Hickman for the issues that immediately lead into his run. Let’s see where this goes. I actually think we mostly all want the same things for Scott with very minor variations. From what Hickman is saying I think it’s possible we can get most of what we want.
    Ah, sorry if there was a miscommunication. I'm excited for Hickman. Been reading his past runs and I've got a good feeling on him. My gripe is 100% with Rosenberg.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I started reading in the early 90's around 92-93, I think (but here in Brazil the publication was a mess, so the comics were several years behind the US, and I had access to a lot of the 80's X-men too), although I left and only came back much later, reading Morrison's run. So, while I prefer the Rightclops, I appreciate both versions.

And while Scott this specific issue wasn't all that bad, the problem is that editorial learned NOTHING from the fan reaction to Death of X, IvX and the whole Cyclops is Hitler period and did it again while making Emma look bad.

But while I trust Hickman, it's going to take some time to wash the bad taste from my mouth, and worry about what happens when he leaves.

That said, I recommend everyone to go do what I did and read Incredible Hulk and Daredevil, because everyone can use some well written comics right now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Pistol?really??
    Pistol. Rifle. Whatever he was using to *ahem* shoot the redhead~~~

But, yeah, really. I mean, I'd much rather Age of X-What gets swept under the rug alongside Rosenbutton and BMB's runs, but I am mildly curious how the guys in the office attempt to quiet their little diversity experiment.

Ah, sorry if there was a miscommunication. I'm excited for Hickman. Been reading his past runs and I've got a good feeling on him. My gripe is 100% with Rosenberg.
    My gripe is on both Rosenbubbles and JDW. But, yeah, bring on The Hickman!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I started reading in the early 90's around 92-93, I think (but here in Brazil the publication was a mess, so the comics were several years behind the US, and I had access to a lot of the 80's X-men too), although I left and only came back much later, reading Morrison's run. So, while I prefer the Rightclops, I appreciate both versions.

And while Scott this specific issue wasn't all that bad, the problem is that editorial learned NOTHING from the fan reaction to Death of X, IvX and the whole Cyclops is Hitler period and did it again while making Emma look bad.

But while I trust Hickman, it's going to take some time to wash the bad taste from my mouth, and worry about what happens when he leaves.

That said, I recommend everyone to go do what I did and read Incredible Hulk and Daredevil, because everyone can use some well written comics right now.
    Immortal Hulk is a comic I never knew i wanted.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Happy bitrhday man.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Immortal Hulk is a comic I never knew i wanted.
    The best ones are like that.

Happy Birthday

Dude! Congrats. Be sure to gorge on Birthday cake and Soda.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Oh, almost missed that. Congrats, man!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Hate to say it but this is exactly how some of us felt when Rightclops emerged. He's a verily adaptable character though and I expect him to go on to be whatever they need him to be next. The slew of writers that will get their hands on him in the years to come, will each put their unique fingerprint on him. I doubt very much we will be getting verbatim 1995 era Scott.

Look I understand the feelings going on here. I do. We also need to admit that at least some good has come out of this. Those last few pages of Uncanny 22 were the first time in a long time that the X-Men have shown any real solidarity with Scott (even if it was Mags that was saying it and the whole thing felt more than a little awkward). How many of us have been asking for this forever now? It's not perfect. In fact it was pretty ugly in parts, but with Hickman less than a week away, I think we all need to take what we can from this, give Hickman a chance to tell his story and just generally not lose our sh*t.
    I understand, but for me it's not that they are pointing him in a new direction through an odd way, and more that they added fuel to the notion that Scott ruins/messes with the characters he ends up in relationships with. It's just a little upsetting for me. I just wished it was handled better.

Happy birthday. Hope the day is nice to you, man.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Happy Birthday!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow, and to think I believed Hickman would have Scott and Jean reunite off-panel as a troll move, lol.