View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 454 of 619 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Wow, and to think I believed Hickman would have Scott and Jean reunite off-panel as a troll move, lol.
    Could still be all on Rosenberg, but I like to imagine Hickman told them he's not wasting his time on that stuff so everyone else needs to figure it out.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Could still be all on Rosenberg, but I like to imagine Hickman told them he's not wasting his time on that stuff so everyone else needs to figure it out.
    X-Office: "For the love of... Okay, Hickman wants both Scott and Emma back as X-Men, but he wants Scott and Jean together as a couple. How do we make that happen like, instantly and without being too cheesy about it?"
    Rosenberg: "................."
    Rosenberg: "Screw it, let's just have Jean walk out of a Michael Bay movie set and make out with Scott in front of Emma and Logan."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

X-Office: "For the love of... Okay, Hickman wants both Scott and Emma back as X-Men, but he wants Scott and Jean together as a couple. How do we make that happen like, instantly and without being too cheesy about it?"
    Rosenberg: "Screw it, let's just have Jean walk out of a Michael Bay movie set and make out with Scott in front of Emma and Logan."

Hell, we don't even know for sure if Scott and Jean are a couple in HoX; while that's likely, remember that there are people alive there that are dead by the end of Rosenberg's run, so I don't even know anymore what the **** they are doing, and I suspect they don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I turn 25 today, so Rosenberg’s run, good and bad, being concluded is a fine gift. I haven’t had a chance to read the issue yet, I’m working, but there’s a Jott kiss? Interesting.
    Happy birthday! So young.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Hate to say it but this is exactly how some of us felt when Rightclops emerged. He's a verily adaptable character though and I expect him to go on to be whatever they need him to be next. The slew of writers that will get their hands on him in the years to come, will each put their unique fingerprint on him. I doubt very much we will be getting verbatim 1995 era Scott.

Look I understand the feelings going on here. I do. We also need to admit that at least some good has come out of this. Those last few pages of Uncanny 22 were the first time in a long time that the X-Men have shown any real solidarity with Scott (even if it was Mags that was saying it and the whole thing felt more than a little awkward). How many of us have been asking for this forever now? It's not perfect. In fact it was pretty ugly in parts, but with Hickman less than a week away, I think we all need to take what we can from this, give Hickman a chance to tell his story and just generally not lose our sh*t.
    I have to say I agree with this. Even though I already feel bad for Emma and hope to never see generic marv sue Callahan for along time, I’d advice people be patient. As frustrating as marvel can be as a Tim Drake fan and a Sanji fan as well I have a lot of practice. My advice as a 33 year old fan is don’t silence yourselves but make your points with maturity and memeticly if possible. Fandom can be a good outlet if that’s a thing one is inclined to do. Last time AvsX and schism took me out of Xmen but this time even if I don’t like Hickman’s Xmen I’m having way too much fun with my attempts at fan comic illustrating and writing weird fanfics to get too down about it.

The fun thing about fandom is canon is ultimately a tool to be played with. Most often what matters more is characterization. Even though this run became a precipitous dumpster fire in terms of the things I enjoy; I will still enjoy the start and in particular the first issue. Like I’d probably be more upset now if I wasn’t occupied with how to do what was done to the unicorns in the last unicorn to the mutants. And how to make multiversal travel more nautical. Or trying to figure out how rangers got payed in the wildwest, what they drank at bars etc.

Basically don’t let canon you don’t care for get you guys down. It will change eventually, someday they may even get nostalgic about the rightclops era. The big two’s comics are very cyclical for better or worse. So if you don’t like the canon right now wait and/or play with the canon. That and if the canon is good empirically it will stand the test of time. If not it will fade and be forgotten. If you do your own work it can be maybe a good learning experience on perhaps how not to handle characters?
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hell, we don't even know for sure if Scott and Jean are a couple in HoX; while that's likely, remember that there are people alive there that are dead by the end of Rosenberg's run, so I don't even know anymore what the **** they are doing, and I suspect they don't either.
    I sincerely doubt they'll go the "Yeah, we gave it another go off-panel, but we figured 'naahh'" route.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Happy birthday! So young.
    Yeah happy birthday dude. Party hard but remember that candles are fire hazards.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I sincerely doubt they'll go the "Yeah, we gave it another go off-panel, but we figured 'naahh'" route.
    Oh, I doubt it too, but they weren't even competent enough to let characters that are supposed to be alive not dead. Trolling Emma as a last **** you to 21st century Scott is not that far fetched.

Sorry if I seem off topic I’m just not sure where to put fan stuff. Maybe if I make a thread for people to talk about fan projects and make short posts with links with wips and finished chapters/pages from time to time? Do you think others would enjoy something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I turn 25 today, so Rosenberg’s run, good and bad, being concluded is a fine gift. I haven’t had a chance to read the issue yet, I’m working, but there’s a Jott kiss? Interesting.
    Happy Birthday dude!!

Well,yeah basically.
    It just only missing some Michael Bay's explosions during the kiss and it would be perfect.

Weird thing about drawing Cyke is that I draw him as if he does not have the visor and then add the visor on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Well,yeah basically.
    It just only missing some Michael Bay's explosions during the kiss and it would be perfect.
    Jean basically walked out of a Michael Bay explosion before walking past Logan and Emma. Good enough for me.

On a somewhat related note, it just dawned on me that Scott got physically manhandled by six people and Emma wasn't even one of them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Sorry if I seem off topic I’m just not sure where to put fan stuff. Maybe if I make a thread for people to talk about fan projects and make short posts with links with wips and finished chapters/pages from time to time? Do you think others would enjoy something like that?
    Well if it's general X-Men art then a thread like this could work: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ght=draw+x-jam

If it's essentially fanfic than there are a number of places that could work for that like AO3 or FF.net. If it's Scott related you can always post a link here.

If it's essentially comic book pages, then I'd suggest you make a new thread here and see it there's some interest. If it's specifically Cyclops related than I don't think anyone would mind you posting it here, as long as it's respectful of the character. Or what passes for respectful in these parts anyways.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loving this
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

loving this
    Yes!!
    Wait why Logan is taller than Beast, Emma and Jean?