View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 456 of 619 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Keeping things consistent is harder than you might think. In fact I’ve been struggling with that on the page I’ve been working on this week.

OMG Logan is giving me hell in this panel lol. I hope I don’t tear the tooth too bad lol.
    I know what you mean, I definitely don't have it down myself, yet that panel just stood out to me. The art felt rushed.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

A reminder that Scott/Jean were reunited after his death shortly before Morrison's run and seemed to be in a good place. Hickman could easily do the same. I don't think he is much interest in pushing Jott or whatever ship that's been done to death, I'm expecting something out of left still when it comes to Jean/Scott/Logan/Emma.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'm reading this arc was supposed to be some 'redemption for Scott?

Other than that one issue in Champions, I don't see how this book made Cyclops look good in any way.

I thought his decisions were really bad. Even at the end. Am I missing something here? Was Emma's Plan so bad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm reading this arc was supposed to be some 'redemption for Scott?

Other than that one issue in Champions, I don't see how this book made Cyclops look good in any way.

I thought his decisions were really bad. Even at the end. Am I missing something here? Was Emma's Plan so bad?
    I think it's only that one bitter Emma fan pushing that. I think the rest of us are on the same page that no character came out of this run looking good.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I know what you mean, I definitely don't have it down myself, yet that panel just stood out to me. The art felt rushed.
    No it’s good. Gives me things to look for in my own art.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

After watching some clips of Ed, I officially take back my statement. Ed way too cool for Callahan. Now I need to think who would make a good Ed though?
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension View Post
    A reminder that Scott/Jean were reunited after his death shortly before Morrison's run and seemed to be in a good place. Hickman could easily do the same.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension View Post
    I don't think he is much interest in pushing Jott or whatever ship that's been done to death, I'm expecting something out of left still when it comes to Jean/Scott/Logan/Emma.
    I don't think Hickman cares about ships all that much, if at all.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    A reminder that Scott/Jean were reunited after his death shortly before Morrison's run and seemed to be in a good place. Hickman could easily do the same.
    Why would he, though? I mean, everyone would go "Duuuude, Morrison did it already."

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I don't think he is much interest in pushing Jott or whatever ship that's been done to death, I'm expecting something out of left still when it comes to Jean/Scott/Logan/Emma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't think Hickman cares about ships all that much, if at all.
    What Omega said. I wouldn't be surprised it if was a 'Establish it so I can run with it without wasting time on the drama' kind of thing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I could even see Hickman not caring either way "You want Jott? Whatever, let me work on what matters".

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I could even see Hickman not caring either way "You want Jott? Whatever, let me work on what matters".
    Yeah, I can see him taking that approach. In reading his run on Fantastic Four, he didn't seem all that interested in pursuing romantic sub-plots, be they love triangles or blossoming romances. Hickman's writing style seems to focus more on big ideas, world-building, and having characters play active roles in that world-building. With Fantastic Four, he built much of his over-arching story around the idea of Reed discovering the incursions and doing whatever he could to stop them. A lot of great character moments and action emerged from that. Very little of it had much to do with his personal life.

After reading the preview yesterday, I get the sense he's taking a similar approach with X-Men. He has an idea that's bigger than just running a school and fighting killer robots. There aren't any X-Jets or mansions this time. He's looking to do something bigger and there doesn't seem to be much emphasis on love triangles. And honestly, given how much that has defined both Cyclops and Jean Grey for the past 15 years, I think that's a good thing. I don't mind if their relationship becomes an afterthought for a while. That's how Hickman treated Reed and Sue for much of his run. He didn't try to deconstruct or reinvent it. It was just a minor detail that he didn't give much scrutiny.

At the moment, I think Cyclops has issues that go beyond his personal life. I think under Hickman, he has a chance to reinvent and reinvigorate himself in ways that don't involve lamenting over past mistakes. He has done enough of that since AvX. I think it's time for him to move forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved to see them kissing but I don't know if that means they are together again. I would like that but I don't if this is what happened, I'm so happy to see their relationships respected after years of being denigrated, it is a nice change to me.
    To see that they are still in love fills my heart with joy.

Emma was right

This kiss and the whole reunion scene makes Scott and Jean look like an a-holes. Not to mention the fact that it was drawn so vulgar. Scott, did you really have to grab her ass? Jean, did you really have to lift your leg like a schoolgirl on a first date? Ugh. Pure Jott, I guess.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Eww, i get some like scemma but there is no need to be pedantic with other characters or use that kind of language.
    The same happened to jean and scott if it counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    This kiss and the whole reunion scene makes Scott and Jean look like an a-holes. Not to mention the fact that it was drawn so vulgar. Scott, did you really have to grab her ass? Jean, did you really have to lift your leg like a schoolgirl on a first date? Ugh. Pure Jott, I guess.
    Emma and Scott kissed on Jean's grave. FFS

BANNED

From @martegracia twitter:
    D_xUqt1UcAAncHk.jpg