View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 478 of 619 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9276
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

what do you guys think should be or want it to be Cyclops direction under Hickman??
    (to evade trouble my question excludes anything romantic)
    He is not rightclops anymore but I don't think he can ever be a full boyscout now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what do you guys think should be or want it to be Cyclops direction under Hickman??
    He is not rightclops anymore but I don't think he can ever be a full boyscout now.
    That's exactly it- neither full boyscout, because he can't be, nor Rightclops, because he doesn't have to.

Astonishing X-Men Cyke.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Astonishing X-Men Cyke.
    That would be best case scenario.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Definitely my favorite House of X Cover so far
    His hand scares me.

Astonishing X-Men Cyke.
    Beat me to the punch.

I just want to say, and I know I’ve said it before, but the “To me, my X-Men” line is so fantastic in Astonishing that I’m always disappointed with its use later. When’s the last time it was used well? Not in Blue, Gold, or Red, certainly not in the recent Uncanny...

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Beat me to the punch.

I just want to say, and I know I’ve said it before, but the “To me, my X-Men” line is so fantastic in Astonishing that I’m always disappointed with its use later. When’s the last time it was used well? Not in Blue, Gold, or Red, certainly not in the recent Uncanny...
    Champions, perhaps?
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think he is going to be one of the core leaders of whatever the new group is. I keep calling it X Nation or Nation of X because I have no idea what they are going to do. It does look like they are their own government so they have an island or a base of operations someplace that they are able to defend and they bring other mutants in via the Marauders. So if X dies in the event, there is probably some ruling by council going on and the X-Men may be the defense/military arm of the new Nation and Scott is running that side of things. Beast, Jean, and Logan are running the secret service. Kitty, Storm, and Emma are running the mutant underground railroad to help people get to the new Nation from outside.

I know the X-Men are going to rotate, but I really hope Scott and Rachel stay together long term. My hope is that Rachel is his regular team telepath and Jean rotates out every other mission or so when she does X-Force missions. This way Rachel gets to be on a regular team with one of her parents, but still gets to interact with Jean too whenever Jean comes on a mission with them.

I think they could have lots of fun with Scott and Rachel on the same team for a long time. Rachel calling him Dad when things are serious, Scott being an overprotective father if she gets hurt in the field and going all rage Dad on whoever hurt his little girl. I think it would be a good fun dynamic to have, plus it keeps it from becoming a new Rightclops era because Rachel is there to make it feel more like a family dynamic.

I think it's telling that the first arc is a Summers/Grey family arc, which tells me that the Summers/Grey family are going to be presented as one of the core parts of the X-Men going forward. Hopefully this sets the tone for interactions between X-Men, X-Force, and Fallen Angels based on the family members crossing over into each other's books.

BANNED

Champions, perhaps?
    Things are so bad on the X-Books, they have to export the franchise's main catchphrase to another books so it can be used as it should. These are dark times.

Do you guys think he wanted or enjoyed being "rightclops"?

I don't think he did, I''m sure it was badass but i don't believe he was happy at all on that incarnation of the character.
    At all, he hated everything he did but felt that his responsibility was greater than his wishes.

Mighty Member

Champions, perhaps?
    Champions was cute, but nothing beats the whole Leviathan build-up/death and resurrection of Cyke leading up to that moment. Every iteration after feels like a generic opening battle cry, rather than the moment that changes the course of battle.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Champions was cute, but nothing beats the whole Leviathan build-up/death and resurrection of Cyke leading up to that moment. Every iteration after feels like a generic opening battle cry, rather than the moment that changes the course of battle.
    Whedon certainly used the phrase better, but Champions IS a more recent use, and arguably a good one. Not an epic use like Astonishing, though. But the question was about the most recent good use, not the best use of it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The more you use a war cry, the less power it has.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I mainly don’t want a cyclop that gives up a leadership position like he did in Uncanny. I like him in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The more you use a war cry, the less power it has.
    Yeah, this is true, but I think if it’s properly built up, it should be used.