View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 483 of 619 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9276
    Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, as many predicted at the beginning, Rosenberg's run and that Annual was all about editorial having one last chance to take a swipe at Cyclops for AvX/Schism. This is basically Utopia on steroids, or something Rightclops would have done if she had the resources back then.
    I doubt it. Utopia made sense because the mutants were on the verge of extinction, but I always saw Utopia as a temporary measure. Under current circumstances, Charles's utopia looks unnecessarily aggressive and evil. Segregation is never the answer.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's not about segregation, but a safe space for mutants where they don't have to worry about prejudice or violence. Humans are still welcome in the other habitats.

Yeah, as many predicted at the beginning, Rosenberg's run and that Annual was all about editorial having one last chance to take a swipe at Cyclops for AvX/Schism. This is basically Utopia on steroids, or something Rightclops would have done if she had the resources back then.
    Actually I think this is more like pod-clops. He is a pod person, they all are. I think something subversive was done to them by X and they are all "totally onboard with the new order" because "everything is awesome".

Maybe I am wrong but the whole thing seems very cultish and I think something happened to all of the X-Men and even the villains a little bit after Uncanny ended. We'll probably get a flashback that shows what happened to them.

Still, even under that control I think their personalities still shine out, so yeah it's refreshing to see a calm confident Scott again. I think he is going to be a lot like this in Dawn of X too, even after they come out of this event I think they are going to be in a better state as a nation of mutants. They will probably have some adversity directed at them by the humans, but I think this is going to be a little bit more positive for the future of the X-Men.

Emma was right

Safe space is all about self-segregation.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's not about segregation, but a safe space for mutants where they don't have to worry about prejudice or violence. Humans are still welcome in the other habitats.
    I wonder how long till a human falls in love with a mutant and then drama starts..

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Actually I think this is more like pod-clops. He is a pod person, they all are. I think something subversive was done to them by X and they are all "totally onboard with the new order" because "everything is awesome".

Maybe I am wrong but the whole thing seems very cultish and I think something happened to all of the X-Men and even the villains a little bit after Uncanny ended. We'll probably get a flashback that shows what happened to them.

Still, even under that control I think their personalities still shine out, so yeah it's refreshing to see a calm confident Scott again. I think he is going to be a lot like this in Dawn of X too, even after they come out of this event I think they are going to be in a better state as a nation of mutants. They will probably have some adversity directed at them by the humans, but I think this is going to be a little bit more positive for the future of the X-Men.
    Well, they did say that every new issue of HoX/PoX will make you see things in the previous one differently, my guess is that if there is one thing fron this they will explain at the very end is the pods

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Well, they did say that every new issue of HoX/PoX will make you see things in the previous one differently, my guess is that if there is one thing fron this they will explain at the very end is the pods
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that they keep the nation at the end. I like the idea of them finally having their own stable country that they can focus on defending. I think they are being influenced by X to do things his way, and X really does come across as really creepy, so hopefully when they are freed from that they still get to keep their country.

But we do know for sure the Scott is leading the X-Men and picking and choosing his mission members from issue to issue, so I think Dawn of X is going to have a more hopeful tone overall. Mutants will probably still face a world that hates them, they will just be facing it from a stronger and more defensible position than they have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I doubt it. Utopia made sense because the mutants were on the verge of extinction, but I always saw Utopia as a temporary measure. Under current circumstances, Charles's utopia looks unnecessarily aggressive and evil. Segregation is never the answer.
    It's not segregation. They are not cutting off contact with humans. They've also established embassies worldwide.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It's not segregation. They are not cutting off contact with humans. They've also established embassies worldwide.
    I'll stay with my opinion. They don't function like a real country. In a normal world, you can visit any country, having the necessary documents, all the doors are open.

I'll stay with my opinion. They don't function like a real country. In a normal world, you can visit any country, having the necessary documents, all the doors are open.
    That's not really true though. Yes you can get proper documentation to go to most countries but it doesn't give you unlimited access. you can't go to places deemed private property uninvited and there is a lot of that. That exists everywhere.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's not really true though. Yes you can get proper documentation to go to most countries but it doesn't give you unlimited access. you can't go to places deemed private property uninvited and there is a lot of that. That exists everywhere.
    You are talking about private property, I'm talking about the country and never said that a tourist can get unlimited access to everything.

You are talking about private property, I'm talking about the country and never said that a tourist can get unlimited access to everything.
    The fact that the mutants consider krakoa island specifically a safe haven means it's private property. They are talking with humans, and they are showing them the places of Krokoa that are for public access. That's no different than any diplomat that gets shown around they don't get to go to places a country considers private or sacred. Not really segregation at all it's their home.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Artist was great. Cyclops and Magneto both looked awesome.

Mighty Member

I agree. Doesn't make this start worse than the past several years of X-Books, though. It is definitely intriguing in a good way.

After a night's sleep, I think I finally figured out why the X-Office gave Rosenbubbles carte blanche for his tone-deaf murder spree: they're trying to recreate Decimation in some form so that Krakoa will make sense. Personally, a very petty part of me does want to shite on the x-turncoats because, well, we saw how the end of Utopia started (ahem, isolating themselves from the world/training kids to defend themselves/not enough toilets on an asteroid. Frigg is Utopia 2.0 without HoM to set the stage, and most everyone is now cheering), but I'm willing to squish that side because the alternative is, ah, the trash from the previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The fact that the mutants consider krakoa island specifically a safe haven means it's private property. They are talking with humans, and they are showing them the places of Krokoa that are for public access. That's no different than any diplomat that gets shown around they don't get to go to places a country considers private or sacred. Not really segregation at all it's their home.
    Private property with easy access to multiple soil, mostly foreign (and extra-terrestrial)~~~ imagine a moody mutant brat decides he hates Jerusalem and nukes it on impulse~~~

But I digress. This is all I could hope for at the moment, and Hickman definitely delivered a good opener. I hope he maintains/increases the momentum.
    Last edited by xiyon; 07-24-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder how long till a human falls in love with a mutant and then drama starts..
    They could live anywhere other than Krakoa.