View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 485 of 619 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9276

Scott was a mix of his old-school loyal Boy Scout to Professor X and his post-AvX “**** you stop killing mutants you bigots” in HoX and it was really fascinating to me to read. I am super excited to see what Hickman’s plans for him are. We really are getting the whole messed up family in X-Men lol. Can’t wait for the Corsair-Scott interactions, Hickman wrote a great father-son relationship in his FF run with Nathaniel and Reed, & Reed/Franklin, I think he’ll do a good job here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Scott was a mix of his old-school loyal Boy Scout to Professor X and his post-AvX “**** you stop killing mutants you bigots” in HoX and it was really fascinating to me to read. I am super excited to see what Hickman’s plans for him are. We really are getting the whole messed up family in X-Men lol. Can’t wait for the Corsair-Scott interactions, Hickman wrote a great father-son relationship in his FF run with Nathaniel and Reed, & Reed/Franklin, I think he’ll do a good job here too.
    Agreed. I think Hickman struck just the right balance with Cyclops. He's not overly militant like he was during AvX. He's also not overly passive like he was during his O5 days. There's a good balance here, one that shows he's willing to fight when he has to, but he's also willing to be reasonable. I think that nicely connects him to his old boy scout persona. And I look forward to seeing how Hickman builds that persona.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Lol, now I’ll see that every time I read Krakoa.
    Hizashi... I am not sorry for this lol.
    What are X powers, he is not on the omega list. If we add Absolute Hypnosis to his power, would that mean he fake hia death again?

I also want Scott's powers to be explore more.

BANNED

Do you think Scott could show up in PoX #1?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    He shares a few covers with Rasputin, so probably but only at the end when both stories start to connect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He shares a few covers with Rasputin, so probably but only at the end when both stories start to connect.
    Hope he shows up.
    D_r_XWGWsAAKgLs.jpg large.jpg

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    What are X powers, he is not on the omega list. If we add Absolute Hypnosis to his power, would that mean he fake hia death again?

Me too. I think Scott has a lot of latent power to unlock.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought so too, and he was next to a redhead. Xavier called them X-Men so they weren't random mutants.
    end of spoilers
    Also one of them looks like Bobby in a later panel.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

that is Larraz art so it will probably be from HOX but we know both stories will connect at the end.

BANNED

Yes, the story will probably have a few glimpses of the present or the near future to show the X-Men when it all goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Me too. I think Scott has a lot of latent power to unlock.
    I'm torn on this. Something about Cyclops' mutant power being the opposite of more powerful/extravagant (like the psychics or Storm's variety of abilities) or "cooler" powers (like Wolverine, Colossus, Psylocke, etc) feels like it is such a major part of his character, I'd hate to see that change. To me, Cyclops is Batman in the Justice League. Surrounded by heroes with abilities far beyond him but Cyke makes the best of his gift and his mind and his discipline and he is just as capable as any of the more powered up characters by doing this.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 07-27-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post

Question, most if not all Scott kids have the power of time. None of the mothers have this ability. I would like that to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I'm torn on this. Something about Cyclops' mutant power being the opposite of more powerful/extravagant (like the psychics or Storm's variety of abilities) or "cooler" powers (like Wolverine, Colossus, Psylocke, etc) feels like it is such a major part of his character, I'd hate to see that change. To me, Cyclops is Batman in the Justice League. Surrounded by heroes with abilities far beyond him but Cyke makes the best of his gift and his mind and his discipline and he is just as capable as any of the more powered up characters by doing this.
    I kind of hate Batman in Justice League keeping up with others. It seems badass at first like, "Oh look! He's just human but can still keep up with super-powered beings!". But after a while it just becomes, "Oh wait, how the hell is he keeping up with other super-powered beings if he's just human?!". Like, what's the point of being a "human" superhero if you're going to do vastly superhuman stuff anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Question, most if not all Scott kids have the power of time. None of the mothers have this ability. I would like that to be explained.
    In Cable's case I think it is a device that may or may not be incorporated into his cybernetics depending on the writer, or it might be a little doohickey that can be stolen for plot related purposes. Rachel was able to send a consciousness back across time, but that comes across more as a super-advanced application of telepathy than anything else. When created, Rachel was supposed to be stronger than Jean unless the Phoenix was involved, and she was supposed to have Jean's abilities coupled with Scott's ability to channel vast amounts of energy (basically, Rachel originally could safely do things that would risk Jean buring out if she tried).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I kind of hate Batman in Justice League keeping up with others. It seems badass at first like, "Oh look! He's just human but can still keep up with super-powered beings!". But after a while it just becomes, "Oh wait, how the hell is he keeping up with other super-powered beings if he's just human?!". Like, what's the point of being a "human" superhero if you're going to do vastly superhuman stuff anyway?
    Scott, at least, has enough of an oomph with his powerset to explain some stuff away. I'd rather have him advance the stuff he can do already, or has already been shown on panel. Better dodging via his spatial awareness, more bouncing shots, and maybe even some occasional energy absorption - in one annual, he even boosted his power by absorbing Storm's lightning bolts, although it was pretty painful to pull off.

And, if he has been established as having the output of a nuclear reactor and blasting the tops off of mountains, and can bounce shots over a dozen times to hit someone grappling him from behind (or off of someone to go up the exhaust of a moving jetpack which was otherwise shielded with a ruby-quartz coating) to stop having his shots easily resisted and dodged so much!
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 07-27-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.