274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 619 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    You basically have to go to literal hellscapes like Berserk to find people who won't insta-lose to Scott when it comes to comparing trauma, lol.
    Or his own daughter. By this point I think Rachel might have him beat.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well, Days of Future Past is basically a hellscape.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    How about Vulcan?

BANNED

So, about Uncanny #10
    spoilers:
    There's only a small Cyclops cameo at the end, reading the news about the death of the team and the fact that the U.N. stopped looking for them. But it lays down the context for Devastation at least. Things will be hard for Slim Man and Logan, the Boy Wonder.
    end of spoilers

Wait a sec. Isn't that kinda like the set up for the outback/original xfactor era?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    So, about Uncanny #10
    spoilers:
    There's only a small Cyclops cameo at the end, reading the news about the death of the team and the fact that the U.N. stopped looking for them. But it lays down the context for Devastation at least. Things will be hard for Slim Man and Logan, the Boy Wonder.
    end of spoilers
    I love it, I'm really hyped for Scott and Logan together, fighting side by side, without dumb drama. It is the only book i'm currently waiting

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I will say this again I have not read before Morrison so don't give me a explanation that is before that.

To me Jean became interested in Scott when she saw that he was falling or was inlove with Emma. Same with her young self. She was so mean to him till she saw him having a liking to Laura or BloodStorm. That doesn't scream soul mate to me. So the jott relationship can not be sold to me just because some stuff happen before and if Jean is in a new relationship and as soon as she sees Scott with someone new she goes after him. Well this will be just proved what I said. She only wants him when he falls for someone else. Now if they want to sell me that they are soul mates they need to convince me that they love each other and not some nostalgia for old jott shipper. I am not the only new reader who knows nothing of their pass romantic relationship. Not saying I don't want to see it just don't BS and give me more drama if Jean is in a relationship. Let them move on with their lifes and in new relationship.
    Well, if you don't read the stories before Morrison, obviously Jott will look horrible, but this is because it was decided to destroy the relationship from the beginning of New X-men. Jott has a really long history from the 60's until the beginning of the 2000 with Morrison, as you'll see it's a long time and therefore it will have many stories.
    but I understand you Jott has not been well represented in the movies and in some comics either, if my first contact with them as a couple had been the movies, new X-men or even the stories of Tyke and Jeen or some bad compilation stories like is X-men grand design by Ed Piskor and I ignored their long history possibly like you I don't like them, I might even see them as one of the worst pairs of comics. But New X-men and the stories that came later do not represent even 10% of the stories of Jean and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    So, about Uncanny #10
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Ohh god I though it was 11 spoilers. I will do my best not to read spoilers of annual and 11-13.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Well, if you don't read the stories before Morrison, obviously Jott will look horrible, but this is because it was decided to destroy the relationship from the beginning of New X-men. Jott has a really long history from the 60's until the beginning of the 2000 with Morrison, as you'll see it's a long time and therefore it will have many stories.
    but I understand you Jott has not been well represented in the movies and in some comics either, if my first contact with them as a couple had been the movies, new X-men or even the stories of Tyke and Jeen or some bad compilation stories like is X-men grand design by Ed Piskor and I ignored their long history possibly like you I don't like them, I might even see them as one of the worst pairs of comics. But New X-men and the stories that came later do not represent even 10% of the stories of Jean and Scott.
    Jott was non existent from 1980 to 1985 and arguably from 1976 with the Phoenix taking the place of Jean Grey.

Additionally the X-Men was cancelled from 1970 to 1975

And then Jott was reconstructed and absent for the last 19 years

So is that 33 years?

So it's been around for 23 years. 1963 to 1970 and 1985 to 2000

And then you can delve into the quality. As far as how 1963 to 1970 handled them it was objectively poor. The 90s is subjective taste

What it has going for it is exposure through the popular cartoon TAS. However the relationship was handled so poorly that Storm/Wolverine were the headlining power couple followed by Romy.

Then the movies gave us Wolverine/Jean and further undermined it
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-15-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Thank you bell and JeisonWolf. I will keep in mind what you both said.

Now is time to move on and keep it about Scott 100%.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post

Now is time to move on and keep it about Scott 100%.
    Yes, please.
    Shipping is a very passionate topic but is not everything about the characters and it gets tiresome after a while

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So Scott's return is essentially him being thrust into another horrible situation where he's going to have his back up against the wall? Interesting...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Real Cyclops fans only play Virtual Boy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Real Cyclops fans only play Virtual Boy.
    Ah, the red vision misery simulator...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow. I totally joked about the MU hating Jean/Kitty's X-Men in my mock pitch for an x-book, but I really, really didn't think it would be that bad, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yo let the man catch up on his netflix he prolly been wondering how his visor works in a birdbox scenario
    Cyke is reading an actual newsPAPER. He doesn't do Netflix.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-15-2019 at 03:53 PM.