View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 494 of 619 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 9276

Just trying to CONTAIN aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of that big dick energy.

Letting loose those luscious locks is just TOO MUCH for folks to handle.
    Xavier suited ALL of the original five in those unfortunate hair covers because: ENVY
    And NOW....in House of X.....with that giant contraption on his dome.... X is giving some serious compensation "Look how big my truck is" but also "look how yummy my cat suit is" vibes.

I'm team HairClops.
    Let the people swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Cyclops is trying to figure out the colour of the flowers.
    On a more serious note, while I can get why he doesnt wear contacts, its ridiculous that after all these years no one has designed clear quartz glasses that can filter his beams so that he can at least see other colors normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    On a more serious note, while I can get why he doesnt wear contacts, its ridiculous that after all these years no one has designed clear quartz glasses that can filter his beams so that he can at least see other colors normally.
    It is specifically ruby quartz. You cannot alter the color of a mineral without altering its physical properties.

The most they could do is use Wakanda glass reinforced with vibranium or something like that but even that would end up wearing out over time.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    What does it mean?
    Cyclops silently cursing his latest LI for telepathically trying to upload color theory in his mind.

HickmanClops: "........................"
    HickmanClops: "FFS, it's even worse."

Mighty Member

After typing up my response to the pic, I was toying with the idea of people hiding from Scott by using material that's virtually invisible thru ruby quartz-tinted glasses. Not sure what to do with it, though.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    After typing up my response to the pic, I was toying with the idea of people hiding from Scott by using material that's virtually invisible thru ruby quartz-tinted glasses. Not sure what to do with it, though.
    Ruby-quartz armor would most likely be cheaper, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is specifically ruby quartz. You cannot alter the color of a mineral without altering its physical properties.

The most they could do is use Wakanda glass reinforced with vibranium or something like that but even that would end up wearing out over time.
    Sure maybe in 1960s when the X-men were created and they didnt have access to the tech and magic and Xavier's resources were limited but you cant tell me that its still the case. Heck Alchemy could have have altered the color while retaining the physical properties. Forge, Reed Richards and Tony Stark could have created glasses/visors that could filter his beams with a different color. The Shi'ar could have.

As for your last point about it wearing out over time....so? You really believe Scott is wearing the same glasses and visors from decades ago? They've been destroyed and replaced hundreds of times over and we've seen different models. People replace glasses every few years and Scott already does it alot more frequently. Thats not a valid reason

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Yes.The further adventure of Cyclops & Phoenix covers it. This is the story where Sinister became obsessed with Scott Summers.
    I'm not giving any spoilers. Read it. It's good.
    Plus his grantparents were alive when he met maddy.
    Cool, I’ll have to check it out since I’m going to try to write Sinister.

Black Womb is his great great grandmother or something.
    Oooh who’s that? I wanted to ask because I want to do some hellsing kind of thing with the AU version of Scott. I’m having a lot of fun with this AU Scott. It’s kind of like if Scott was more involved with the Supernatural with a darker aspect. Kind of like Constantine he puts together his own team. I’ve even start to think of villains that this one tangles with that mesh SCPs with Xmen villains.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Sure maybe in 1960s when the X-men were created and they didnt have access to the tech and magic and Xavier's resources were limited but you cant tell me that its still the case. Heck Alchemy could have have altered the color while retaining the physical properties. Forge, Reed Richards and Tony Stark could have created glasses/visors that could filter his beams with a different color. The Shi'ar could have.

As for your last point about it wearing out over time....so? You really believe Scott is wearing the same glasses and visors from decades ago? They've been destroyed and replaced hundreds of times over and we've seen different models. People replace glasses every few years and Scott already does it alot more frequently. Thats not a valid reason
    Color IS a physical property. It depends on the wavelengths that the crystal absorbs. Perhaps it works precisely thanks to being red as his beam is also red.

In any case, Scott would look much more goofy with a transparent visor than with the current, which is probably the real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Cool, I’ll have to check it out since I’m going to try to write Sinister.

Oooh who’s that? I wanted to ask because I want to do some hellsing kind of thing with the AU version of Scott. I’m having a lot of fun with this AU Scott. It’s kind of like if Scott was more involved with the Supernatural with a darker aspect. Kind of like Constantine he puts together his own team. I’ve even start to think of villains that this one tangles with that mesh SCPs with Xmen villains.
    An immortal mutant (but aging) who made a deal with Sinister in which he pretended miscarriages to give him the babies.

Color IS a physical property. It depends on the wavelengths that the crystal absorbs. Perhaps it works precisely thanks to being red as his beam is also red.

In any case, Scott would look much more goofy with a transparent visor than with the current, which is probably the real reason.

An immortal mutant (but aging) who made a deal with Sinister in which he pretended miscarriages to give him the babies.
    You're missing the point. You are thinking with real world logic. This is a world of super heroes with alien advanced tech far beyond our comprehension. There are devices that can change your appearances (image inducers), capable of time travel and teleportation. None of these should be physically possible in our real world, but it is in the MU. You accept that but cant accept Scott having visors that allow him to see colors other than red? Its unfathomable that Scott's glasses are limited by color given the access to tech around him

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ruby-quartz armor would most likely be cheaper, lol.
    The first (and only?) appearance of the Hellfire Clubs battlesuited thugs had one of them designed to fight Cyclops with that exact setup, which seemed brilliant, but was never touched on again (that I can recall)...

Even then, his still having this weakness after all these years is just for IP / branding reasons. Astonishing X-Men suggested that Emma could, at any time, fix the damage done to his brain, which means Xavier or Jean should have been able to long before now, if not also various mutant healers like Elixir or Triage...

But, just like how Xavier, no matter how many times he's healed or cloned or whatever, always ends up back in that wheelchair, Cyclops is doomed to always be wearing a visor, even if Forge could make contacts for him, Jean or Elixir could (in different ways) heal him, he could get downloaded into a younger clone body by his dad, etc.

There is no lasting cure for 'marketing mandate to protect the brand.'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-09-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The first (and only?) appearance of the Hellfire Clubs battlesuited thugs had one of them designed to fight Cyclops with that exact setup, which seemed brilliant, but was never touched on again (that I can recall)...

Even then, his still having this weakness after all these years is just for IP / branding reasons. Astonishing X-Men suggested that Emma could, at any time, fix the damage done to his brain, which means Xavier or Jean should have been able to long before now, if not also various mutant healers like Elixir or Triage...

But, just like how Xavier, no matter how many times he's healed or cloned or whatever, always ends up back in that wheelchair, Cyclops is doomed to always be wearing a visor, even if Forge could make contacts for him, Jean or Elixir could (in different ways) heal him, he could get downloaded into a younger clone body by his dad, etc.

There is no lasting cure for 'marketing mandate to protect the brand.'
    The villains of the 2001 mini too.

In-Universe there is no reason why Spider-man with all his means does not have a system that allows him to fly but swinging is cooler. There is no reason why Hawkeye couldn't have a Stark armor but the bow and arrows make him unique.

And so.

You're missing the point. You are thinking with real world logic. This is a world of super heroes with alien advanced tech far beyond our comprehension. There are devices that can change your appearances (image inducers), capable of time travel and teleportation. None of these should be physically possible in our real world, but it is in the MU. You accept that but cant accept Scott having visors that allow him to see colors other than red? Its unfathomable that Scott's glasses are limited by color given the access to tech around him
    The easiest way would be for a VR overlay to be projected against the visor - it would look the same from outside but he'd be able to see colors again. Plus, it might be able to do some additional cool stuff like his visor from the 90's cartoon was (it had an IR mode that enabled him to track someone who had recently gone by through seeing the heat left from the footprints in one episode).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    For the sake of fairness, if someone in the MU could build something to fix it, someone else could build something to undo the previous fix. Unless someone/something of Phoenix/Jeansus power level does the fixing - and even then, it's still kind of a crapshoot -, it kinda make sense to play it safe and keep the shades on.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

I love how dedicated everyone is about debating Cyclops visor.

I think I should have something for you. Thank you guys so much for helping me with reaper Cyke. I want to weave the canon into the changes much as possible. For the series of stories I’m going to do some sketches in a tarot style combined with what the theme of the story/world is which currently is Alice in Wonderland because it feels like something Sinister would like. So each picture for this illustration will have a Alice character, the main tarot card that fits them now plus other things symbolizing stuff story wise. It was really interesting to see what all the cards mean.

Speaking of cowls and stuff do you mind if I ask your guys advice about AU Reaper Cyke’s Design? Costumes are something I have trouble with I think. Also about what you think is essential for AU Cyke to still feel like Cyclops? That is what seems like the challenging part of AU character is changing things but still keeping what is essential or working back to it. Which in this case Reaper Cyke starts out way different but in the end he’s leading a team fighting giant robots and for mutantkind. None the less the aesthetics are different. Kind of like X-men Noir.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/