View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 495 of 619 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 9276
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    For the sake of fairness, if someone in the MU could build something to fix it, someone else could build something to undo the previous fix. Unless someone/something of Phoenix/Jeansus power level does the fixing - and even then, it's still kind of a crapshoot -, it kinda make sense to play it safe and keep the shades on.
    It would be funny if it got fixed, and he still wore red shades, just because he's spent a lifetime getting used to that, and all the other colors are a bit overwhelming to him, and the monochromatic world he's used to is somehow more comforting and makes him feel 'in control.' (Plus he's afraid of the 'fix' going away, somehow, which is a possibility in a world full of hostile telepaths, etc., so he always carries a spare visor or glasses, just in case.)

Spectacular Member

someone mentioned contacts? hoe would that go in a fight? "hold on lemme get this off" then after puts some drops lol
    on house of x costume i think considering he has one eye left
    a spinoff of AoA costume with short hair then a jetpack. hmmm looks good!
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be funny if it got fixed, and he still wore red shades, just because he's spent a lifetime getting used to that, and all the other colors are a bit overwhelming to him, and the monochromatic world he's used to is somehow more comforting and makes him feel 'in control.' (Plus he's afraid of the 'fix' going away, somehow, which is a possibility in a world full of hostile telepaths, etc., so he always carries a spare visor or glasses, just in case.)
    I mean to be fair he probably can see, purple, orange, and brown.

Cyclops card WIP 1
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 08-09-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    someone mentioned contacts? hoe would that go in a fight? "hold on lemme get this off" then after puts some drops lol
    In Morrison New X-men Cyclops had contact lenses but they were specifically for emergencies only.

The advantage of the glasses is that at any time if necessary he can take them off to fight, which taking into account his life and that at any time a Sentinel can appear while he is having breakfast, it is a great advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In Morrison New X-men Cyclops had contact lenses but they were specifically for emergencies only.

The advantage of the glasses is that at any time if necessary he can take them off to fight, which taking into account his life and that at any time a Sentinel can appear while he is having breakfast, it is a great advantage.
    For some reason the contacts kind of seem like cheating. The glasses are kind of a double edged sword combat wise you could take them off but so could a villain. I think I’m going to have the AU Cyke have Aviator googles from the 1920s/1930s.

Sports glasses would be the best solution, you can remove them whenever you want but it is difficult to fall.

But they are ugly.

AEB7A83D-913C-4AED-B004-FB12CEB732AD.jpg

Cool old Aviator goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The first (and only?) appearance of the Hellfire Clubs battlesuited thugs had one of them designed to fight Cyclops with that exact setup, which seemed brilliant, but was never touched on again (that I can recall)...

Even then, his still having this weakness after all these years is just for IP / branding reasons. Astonishing X-Men suggested that Emma could, at any time, fix the damage done to his brain, which means Xavier or Jean should have been able to long before now, if not also various mutant healers like Elixir or Triage...

But, just like how Xavier, no matter how many times he's healed or cloned or whatever, always ends up back in that wheelchair, Cyclops is doomed to always be wearing a visor, even if Forge could make contacts for him, Jean or Elixir could (in different ways) heal him, he could get downloaded into a younger clone body by his dad, etc.

There is no lasting cure for 'marketing mandate to protect the brand.'
    Elixir can't heal everything. I've just seen a bunch of fails from him in New X-Men (just after House of M). Wither grabbed Wallflower's arm, thinking he was depowered... but he wasn't. Elixir couldn't heal that. Icarus had his wings amputated and his healing factor wasn't working. Elixir couldn't heal that. He also couldn't save any of the victims of the bus explosion that killed Tag and over 40 others.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Update more done on first card and card with ghost hunter Cyclops. Love to know what you guys think so far. HERE

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Elixir can't heal everything. I've just seen a bunch of fails from him in New X-Men (just after House of M). Wither grabbed Wallflower's arm, thinking he was depowered... but he wasn't. Elixir couldn't heal that. Icarus had his wings amputated and his healing factor wasn't working. Elixir couldn't heal that. He also couldn't save any of the victims of the bus explosion that killed Tag and over 40 others.
    To be fair to Elixir, this was all before the Cuckoos uploaded all of Beast's knowledge into his brain. It was only after that when Elixir was capable of feats such as recreating Prodigy's heart and purging the Legacy Virus from X-23.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
    We still don’t know where the eye thing stands (we haven’t seen him without the Visor or the Glasses, and even if Elixir can’t heal the eye, there’s either the mysterious pods (a way to explain all the deceased Mutants running around like Havok, Vulcan, Chamber, Wolfsbane. Etc) or a cloned eye courtesy of Beast of Dr. Nemesis.......or even a Shi’ar/ Krakoa derived eye......

Sinister has even produced Scott's cloned eyes as ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sinister has even produced Scott's cloned eyes as ammunition.
    That’s so messed up lol. Do you guys like the compromise I made with Hunter Cyke’s Aviator hat? Some of his hair is sticking out etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Here it is.
    FB_IMG_1565450007851.jpg

A fanart I think.
    IMG_20190810_203459.jpg
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-11-2019 at 07:25 AM.