View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 496 of 619 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9276

I can't stop thinking about how Krakoa is basically Utopia but with extra sci-fi. Even Xavier seems to use Omegas as his Extinction Team.

Scott must feel vindication.

BANNED

It's Father's Day here in Brazil, so it got me thinking about Scott and his children. Therefore, it made me take a look at my Messiah Complex TPB and there was some cool stuff within the bonus material. It's interesting that on "Scott's notes": he mentions how he thinks that the path he took (reacting to threats instead of being proactive) would be the end of the X-Men and mutantkind eventually, despite being necessary; he feels some big guilt for failing the students and letting so many of them die to the Purifiers; and his outrage at things like the Marauders and Predator X. Also, it's interesting to see how one of the goals of the event was to make Scott to emerge as the one true leader of the X-Men, when it was all said and done.

I'm saying this kind of in response to Glio's last post. I think Scott might feel some vindication, since Xavier is doing a lot of what he did but with more resources, and a bigger contingent of mutants. But, overall, I think this MIGHT be the first time in years Scott feels some semblance of peace. He's on a mutant heaven, Charles is back, he and Logan are not at each other's throats and Jean is back to enjoy all this new world with him.

This might make him even more dedicated to protect what Krakoa represents. Maybe more proactive. Scott's arc last decade was of a man who gradually lost everything he cared about, and became more radicalized, more aggressive. Since that path brought him a lot of sorrow, I think he might want to avoid it and not lose any of the thing mutants really accomplished. The question is: will he act like Doom, in Secret Wars, who held as tight as he could to everything he could save, because he didn't truly believe in himself, or act like Reed, who wanted to save everything and make it even better because he knew he could?

It might be something for Hickman to explore in his X-Men run. Maybe not in this first act, but at some point in the future.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think parenthood adds a new dimension to the characters. It so awesome to see Magneto or Wolverine trying to be dads, it makes the characters more wholesome, likeable and mature. I love it when Cyclops does it too. I hope he can keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's Father's Day here in Brazil, so it got me thinking about Scott and his children. Therefore, it made me take a look at my Messiah Complex TPB and there was some cool stuff within the bonus material. It's interesting that on "Scott's notes": he mentions how he thinks that the path he took (reacting to threats instead of being proactive) would be the end of the X-Men and mutantkind eventually, despite being necessary; he feels some big guilt for failing the students and letting so many of them die to the Purifiers; and his outrage at things like the Marauders and Predator X. Also, it's interesting to see how one of the goals of the event was to make Scott to emerge as the one true leader of the X-Men, when it was all said and done.

I'm saying this kind of in response to Glio's last post. I think Scott might feel some vindication, since Xavier is doing a lot of what he did but with more resources, and a bigger contingent of mutants. But, overall, I think this MIGHT be the first time in years Scott feels some semblance of peace. He's on a mutant heaven, Charles is back, he and Logan are not at each other's throats and Jean is back to enjoy all this new world with him.

This might make him even more dedicated to protect what Krakoa represents. Maybe more proactive. Scott's arc last decade was of a man who gradually lost everything he cared about, and became more radicalized, more aggressive. Since that path brought him a lot of sorrow, I think he might want to avoid it and not lose any of the thing mutants really accomplished. The question is: will he act like Doom, in Secret Wars, who held as tight as he could to everything he could save, because he didn't truly believe in himself, or act like Reed, who wanted to save everything and make it even better because he knew he could?

It might be something for Hickman to explore in his X-Men run. Maybe not in this first act, but at some point in the future.

Cyclops is the one true ruler of the mutant race and x-men, that’s already been established through out the decade.

Xavier's secret hairline, the location of which will be revealed in the true greatest moment in X-History, is the one true ruler of the mutant race. Scott and Logan will sit on the couch, drink their beers, and watch the damn basketball game.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Xavier's secret hairline, the location of which will be revealed in the true greatest moment in X-History, is the one true ruler of the mutant race. Scott and Logan will sit on the couch, drink their beers, and watch the damn basketball game.
    That's the true retcon for the ages.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can't stop thinking about how Krakoa is basically Utopia but with extra sci-fi. Even Xavier seems to use Omegas as his Extinction Team.

Scott must feel vindication.
    Do we wait for Beast & Logan to throw another hissy fit? XD

Honestly, though. Hickman's run (at least the way it is so far) hits the right beats for me. It also feels like what I wanted a post-AvX run to be haha
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Have there been X-Men stories/AU's that place them in different time periods? I know about the black Scott that fought in the Civil War and the X-Men noir, but what about stories set during WWI, II or the Vietnam War? Wonder what Scott or Jean or the other X-Men would've done.

Marvel 1602 by Gaiman.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Have there been X-Men stories/AU's that place them in different time periods? I know about the black Scott that fought in the Civil War and the X-Men noir, but what about stories set during WWI, II or the Vietnam War? Wonder what Scott or Jean or the other X-Men would've done.
    -imagines Jean pulling a Dr Manhattan and Scott blowing up tanks-

Those wars would be one-sided unless there are mutants on the other side
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Marvel 1602 by Gaiman.
    I'll have to look that up.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Yeah, that's what I was wondering - would they refrain from using their powers or decimate the other side?

Fantastic Member

And that's what Ladies and Gentlemen is what I say a modernized 90s Cyclops costume. So good

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

I always envision Scott and Jean working together in an almost cheat-mode. She only defends, he doesn't have to worry about dodging and can just line up his shots.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    And that's what Ladies and Gentlemen is what I say a modernized 90s Cyclops costume. So good

too many pouches and straps. I like the overall design but those elements seem excessive

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    too many pouches and straps. I like the overall design but those elements seem excessive
    Pouches aren't bad if we see them used every now and then. That's why Batman's belt of pouches is accepted and those of other heroes get mocked. Cable and Deadpool have to have some to store all the ammo and explosives they go through, but Scott, like Batman, needs an alternate explanation for what those things hold, since they can't all be spare glasses/visors. Although with the number of times he's had them broken, a spare set of each is something that he SHOULD have.

Maybe some stuff for triage/first aid, a smartphone sized remote control for the blackbird, or the standard superhero stuff like smoke pellets, the grapple line (thrown not shot, nor used every issue), mini-rebreather, and such.

If the reader sees some stuff get brought out from time to time it makes the existence of a pile o pouches an easier pill to swallow. And since Scott isn't a gadget hero, his stuff would be more for emergencies/contingencies rather than regular use.
    Dark does not mean deep.