View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 502 of 619 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9276

Without the cowl it would be the best suit Scott has ever had.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Can any of you please tell me something good about Tyke or that you enjoyed about his story?

(I'm not asking for negative stuff or complaints so please try to say nice things)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can any of you please tell me something good about Tyke or that you enjoyed about his story?

(I'm not asking for negative stuff or complaints so please try to say nice things)
    He was the one chance we got to see Scott have a wholesome time of his life, by interacting with his dad as a teenager. That's it for me.

He got to have a fun talk with Kamala Khan. He interacted nicely with Corsair. That's about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He got to have a fun talk with Kamala Khan. He interacted nicely with Corsair. That's about it.
    Oh yeah, Champions. Too bad that was written by Waid, but Tyke had a few good moments there.

Still, the one who put "Wouldn't recruiting him be like recruiting baby Hitler?" on page. So **** that book, I guess. At least Waid was kicking some ass in Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh yeah, Champions. Too bad that was written by Waid, but Tyke had a few good moments there.

Still, the one who put "Wouldn't recruiting him be like recruiting baby Hitler?" on page. So **** that book, I guess. At least Waid was kicking some ass in Doctor Strange.
    Wait, was that actually a thing said on panel? Oh lord...

BANNED

Wait, was that actually a thing said on panel? Oh lord...
    Oh, it was.

cyclops_was_hitler.jpg

Not Waid's finest hour as a writer, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh, it was.

cyclops_was_hitler.jpg

Not Waid's finest hour as a writer, that's for sure.
    In Waid's defense, that WAS pretty much the official Marvel stance at the time, and by the end of the issue the Champions don't sound like that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Now that I think about it Hepzibah will probably stop being motherly with Cyclops
    she was a good quasi step mom for Tyke.

I liked his interactions with Rachel during the Blue/Gold crossover and that he was the only one who could talk Rachel down when Mesmero messed with Rachel's mind and memories.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I liked his interactions with Rachel during the Blue/Gold crossover and that he was the only one who could talk Rachel down when Mesmero messed with Rachel's mind and memories.
    I would try to enjoy that, but then I remembered that Guggs thought it was a good idea to have a D-list villain who got outwitted by a four-year old with no known mind control abilities is suddenly able to control an Omega-level telepath and telekinetic over the span of several weeks. That was easily the absolute worst moment of Gold.

BANNED

Now that I think about it Hepzibah will probably stop being motherly with Cyclops
    she was a good quasi step mom for Tyke.
    She is still his step-mother for all effects and purposes.

The real issue is that Tyke thought Hepzibah was sexy and got kind of awkward around her. And second issue of his solo shows he probably developed a taste for mephistoids. If that carried over to Cyclops, things could get weird real quickly LMAO

BANNED

I would try to enjoy that, but then I remembered that Guggs thought it was a good idea to have a D-list villain who got outwitted by a four-year old with no known mind control abilities is suddenly able to control an Omega-level telepath and telekinetic over the span of several weeks. That was easily the absolute worst moment of Gold.
    To be fair, Mesmero has pulled that trick before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In Waid's defense, that WAS pretty much the official Marvel stance at the time, and by the end of the issue the Champions don't sound like that.
    We did get that nice moment during the War of the Realms tie-in:

“To me, my Champions!”. Not bad.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Thankfully that went away, then came DoX/IvX and made it so it was never Cyclops. Still pretty bad and I have to see people referring to ANAD as an underrated and unfairly criticized era.