View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 503 of 619 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9276

scotty's only in champions because waid loves him, so he probably broke out in hives typing the lies, too
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Can any of you please tell me something good about Tyke or that you enjoyed about his story?

(I'm not asking for negative stuff or complaints so please try to say nice things)
    Bendis Tyke: Decent but a bit directionless
    Rucka Tyke: A wonderful gift i never knew i wanted.
    Layman Tyke: cute little romance with Vileena. Doomed to fail. Hope she makes a comeback.

Waid Tyke: A godsend from Hopeless and unfortunately Bunn. Rocky series but worth it.

Tyke's best friend is Kamala Khan.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Basically everyone is saying they didnt mind Teen Scott as long as he wasnt in an X-men book

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Basically everyone is saying they didnt mind Teen Scott as long as he wasnt in an X-men book
    Outside the X-books the writers could (mostly) avoid the editorial narrative that Cyclops is the most evil mutant to ever walk the planet whose very piss is pure liquid malevolence. So it isn't surprising that the most flattering portrayal of Tyke are there. Same thing for Emma. Outside the editorial mandated narrative that she's pure evil, she does well enough (Jessica Jones).

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    She is still his step-mother for all effects and purposes.

The real issue is that Tyke thought Hepzibah was sexy and got kind of awkward around her. And second issue of his solo shows he probably developed a taste for mephistoids. If that carried over to Cyclops, things could get weird real quickly LMAO
    My god, if it's genetic
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That sounds about right. For the most part at least.

Can any of you please tell me something good about Tyke or that you enjoyed about his story?

(I'm not asking for negative stuff or complaints so please try to say nice things)
    He brought back the ricochet shot.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

He was good in X-Men books too, but was always terrible under his assigned X-writer.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Young Scott faced the hypocrisy of Logan and Beast, showed maturity to the sentimental doubts of teen Jean, supporting his friends in difficult times, had a life away from the mutant community.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    Young Scott faced the hypocrisy of Logan and Beast, showed maturity to the sentimental doubts of teen Jean, supporting his friends in difficult times, had a life away from the mutant community.
    I'm actually pretty glad Tyke offered the opportunity for Scott to finally have something outside of the X-men. Hopefully, his bond with the Champions is referenced when the opportunity arises.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm actually pretty glad Tyke offered the opportunity for Scott to finally have something outside of the X-men. Hopefully, his bond with the Champions is referenced when the opportunity arises.
    I'm hoping Vileena gets referenced, too. Maybe she'll pop up in the Summers Family reunion shouting bloody vengeance.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The X-Books narrative turned Tyke into a endless waking punching bag. After a while it just became lazy and boring to watch. The Champions was the only time the objective with him wasn’t to torture the kid, or try to purposely subvert his mythos. It was just him trying to do something new. Which made sense given how toxic the X-Men environment was towards him. The best thing for him was to get away.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-17-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm hoping Vileena gets referenced, too. Maybe she'll pop up in the Summers Family reunion shouting bloody vengeance.
    That would be pretty interesting to see. Now I'm kinda hoping it gets referenced.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Is the rumour around HOX#4 something Cyke related?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Is the rumour around HOX#4 something Cyke related?
    Doesn't say anything, it just says " a comic described as ‘heartbreaking’ and one that ‘makes you tear up, just with one line’." when I just read the second part on a tweet I thought it could be (and mostly because I'm paranoid) but adding that the entire comic is "heartbraking" it makes me think that it may be more about the general story than about a particular character, Hickman hasn't been paying much attention to character relationships apart from the ones core to his story (mostly Xavier-Moira and not much in dept about the relationship and more about the changes to what we knew).

BANNED