View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 518 of 619 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    HOX4 had one of the best X-Men Fights in a long time. Overall I liked it but like others, some things are just bothering the crap out of me

Scott was characterized as a competent leader, but its like what one poster said. It felt like watching Transformers the Series where Optimus would lead the Autobots to victory from some crazy odds then going to Transformers the Movie where they're getting killed left and right.

Cyclops led the X-Men against far worse threats and came out unscathed. Also, why not have Magneto/Polaris toss the chunk of metal into the sun or Super Xavier and the other telepaths mind control the scientists to disassemble everything?

I seriously don't get how a mission like that is considered a suicide run? Mother Mold really didn't have much guarding it
    There's probably an in-story reason why Hickman wanted it to be a suicide mission. (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt). Even if they had Storm and Magneto, they still would have jobbed.

Question:

Why haven't they given Cyclops contacts made from the same stuff his ruby quartz visor is made of?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Question:

Why haven't they given Cyclops contacts made from the same stuff his ruby quartz visor is made of?
    rule of cool

also how would he put them on
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Question:

The glasses are one of the things that define him. They'll never get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    rule of cool

also how would he put them on
    Oh yeah...

Question:

That would be totally impractical. How would he put them on without blasting them off of his fingers? For what its worth, I believe he had a pair in the first issue of Morrison's run but they arent exactly practical for a man on the field. Having to worry about taking that out when a threat appears puts him at a severe disadvantage. He'd be better off wearing a power inhibitor watch

eta NXM 115

Yeah not practical
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-04-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    HOX4 had one of the best X-Men Fights in a long time. Overall I liked it but like others, some things are just bothering the crap out of me

Scott was characterized as a competent leader, but its like what one poster said. It felt like watching Transformers the Series where Optimus would lead the Autobots to victory from some crazy odds then going to Transformers the Movie where they're getting killed left and right.

Cyclops led the X-Men against far worse threats and came out unscathed. Also, why not have Magneto/Polaris toss the chunk of metal into the sun or Super Xavier and the other telepaths mind control the scientists to disassemble everything?

I seriously don't get how a mission like that is considered a suicide run? Mother Mold really didn't have much guarding it
    Originally, I reasoned that Orchis was blindsided, so their ample defenses weren't available (which was shown to be the case last issue) but then the X-Men would've known that they'd have the element of surprise. I'm still trying to puzzle this out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We know there will be a twist but making them pod people would just be like ??? what is even the point. Now if they are pod bodies with their real minds transferred into them that would be an interesting twist. I think though that Xavier has found a way to clone bodies and somehow store their memories/mind/consciousness/whatever in either Krakoa itself or in his mind. Thus he is able to bring his students back to life.

Scott is good in this book. His voice is right (I cannot say the same for Jean). Now Scott has died about as many times as Jean.

Another theory of course is that this may in fact be another one of Moira's lives and we haven't got to the present day X-Men. But that would feel like a cheap cop-out to me.
    Well, I'm getting the sense that HoX/PoX is gonna end as a "and that's what happened" from Moira to the actual 616 Xavier.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Either they're pod clones, or this isn't Earth-616, but is instead Moira's mysterious sixth life.
    Eh, I doubt that since Moira didn't find out about Nimrod until the 9th life.

BANNED

The charts tell us all of this happens in the 10th life, right? We'll see what Xavier's new Cerebro does for mutants next week, with PoX #4. I'm very curious about how they'll get back.

I'm still impressed Hickman made all those deaths actually hit me. Rosenberg should take a few lessons from that. The fast pace and the fact we dealt with character's deaths recently didn't lessen the impact at all.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The charts tell us all of this happens in the 10th life, right?
    All-out-war against humanity which will result in 99% of mutantkind dying in HoX #6. But since Cyke ain't the one in charge, it's totally not villainous.

BANNED

Just a heads up for the Future Fight players: the one getting the tier 3 skill in the next update will be Scott. And the Phoenix 5 uniform along with it. All the waiting finally paid off LMAO

Mighty Member

I'm still impressed Hickman made all those deaths actually hit me. Rosenberg should take a few lessons from that. The fast pace and the fact we dealt with character's deaths recently didn't lessen the impact at all.
    A lot more emotion compared to Rosenbubble's contrived nonsense, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    All-out-war against humanity which will result in 99% of mutantkind dying in HoX #6. But since Cyke ain't the one in charge, it's totally not villainous.
    Keep on keeping it real, Master Fluffy.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Just a heads up for the Future Fight players: the one getting the tier 3 skill in the next update will be Scott. And the Phoenix 5 uniform along with it. All the waiting finally paid off LMAO
    Finally, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it's good.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would be totally impractical. How would he put them on without blasting them off of his fingers? For what its worth, I believe he had a pair in the first issue of Morrison's run but they arent exactly practical for a man on the field. Having to worry about taking that out when a threat appears puts him at a severe disadvantage. He'd be better off wearing a power inhibitor watch

eta NXM 115

Yeah not practical
    As a note, Scott can't blast his fingers.

His whole body is immune to his powers, not just his eyelids. That's why there are times when he has used his hands. But yes, contacts aren't practical.

In an unrelated way, being his fingers inmune, I've always thought it would be fun for Scott to make shadow play with his optic blast using his fingers.