View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 572 of 619 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9276
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That Bioware reference bring so many memories lol.
    This guy gets it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    #3 - but was she staring at his neck more intently than a starving vampire?
    Boom-Boom: "Ah! See, Yana, we told yo... Wait, no, no, no, no, no... Oh, for the love of... Seriously, Cyke? Hickeys? How old ar... Holy crap, that is way too many scratch and bite marks on a dude with no healing factor, not that I'm judging, I'm totally cool with the rough stuff, but do you seriously, like, not need medical attention? Not that I'm offering, just... wow. Now, if you'd just stop scowling and move to the left just a little..."
    Cyclops: "Absolutely not."
    Boom-Boom: "Fine, whatever. If you want crap pictures of you going viral, all the more power to you, sheesh. Hashtag ScottIsPureEvil, hashtag YanaWasRight aaaand hashtag ShutUpYana. Ooookay. Well, Cyke, I hope you're happy. In one fell swoop, you've traumatized and/or pissed off an entire mutant nation, made our resident mutant demon queen a whole lot richer and the rest of us a whole lot broker."
    Cyclops: "........................."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, and while we're at it, all things considering, I'm being totally cool and dignified about it, what the effin' hell, Cyke? There are children on board! We're trying to teach them about life and all things badass while providing a safe, nurturing, squeaky-clean environ..."
    Cyclops: "When have the X-Men ever done that?"
    Boom-Boom: "Don't be that guy, Scott. The point is, you can't just strut around half naked and show off the goods just to spite us all! We get it, we were wrong, you're totally getting laid, most of us haven't gotten any in days or weeks or whatever, we suck, oh wait, we don't, ah, ha, ah!"
    Cyclops: "Firstly, they're teenagers, not actual children. Secondly, your particular brand of teaching landed them all in jail."
    Boom-Boom: "On purpose! Kinda. Come on, Jailbreak 101! In space! The kids need to know this stuff! Besides, posting actual bail? Boooring. Who does that anyway?"
    Cyclops: "Thirdly, I'm not showing off anything, Tabitha. You snuck up on me and ripped my damn t-shirt of...."
    Boom-Boom: " Oh my God, I just needed to take a good look at your neck so I'd prove Yana wrong! The thing practically ripped itself off, don't make it weird! I mean, hey, it's nice that your clothes sort of match for a change - by the way, Cyke, color theory, look it up, someday. Anyway, yeah, that has to be the tightest, most obnoxious, flimsiest turtleneck t-shirt anyone has ever wore! You can't put this on me!"
    Cyclops: "Tabitha, I'm not the one making anything weir... Mmm."
    Boom-Boom: "What? Wait, are you actually agreeing with any of the truth bombs I keep dropping on you?"
    Cyclops: "No. It's just... Lorna got me these t-shirts, actually. I told her they were the wrong size and the fabric didn't look nor feel adequately sturdy, but she just started laughing maniacally to herself."
    Boom-Boom: "........................."
    Cyclops: "It just occurred to me she might not have meant for them to be... huh... practical. Yeah. Anyway. Like I said, I'm not showing off and I'm certainly not trying to spite any of you."
    Boom-Boom: "Dude. We haven't seen the two of you in like eighteen hours. Next thing we know, you're walking around whistling, smiling and going on about breakfast in bed at four in the freakin' afternoon! Just, what, do you seriously not get how more punchable than usual your face is, right now?"
    Cyclops: "This should be good."
    Boom-Boom: "I mean, we were totally stoked we wouldn't have to put up with yet another Cyclops lecture, but then the kids started freaking out over you two being MIA for breakfast and we were all 'Relax, kiddos, they probably fell asleep playing checkers or whatever', but then Yana was all 'Yeah, no, they're totally doing it' and the rest of us all were all 'No way, Cyke's not allowed to have S-E-X with anyone unless he gets written permission from Logan, Jean and Emma!' Wait, is that right?"
    Cyclops: "Is what right?"
    Boom-Boom: "The unanimous vote thingy, duh. As opposed to, say, a majority vote. Or getting permission from just one of the three, I guess, but that seems super unlikely."
    Boom-Boom: "Fine, be like that. Whatever. Yana was all 'Guys, I hung out with the guy for months back when he wasn't putting out - Dani knows what I'm talking about. He's totally getting laid.' and we were all 'No way, never.' and Yana was all 'Whatevs, just you wait. No, you know what, let's bet on it. The guy's a sick masochist, it'll show.' and we were all 'Game on, sister!', but then we realized the kids were still there and, huh, yeah, just so you know, we're totally blaming you for whatever therapy the poor pups are going to need once we make it back home."
    Cyclops: "Surely it can't be..."
    Boom-Boom: "They barricaded themselves in the rec room and have been watching PG-rated cutesy cartoons for, what, eight hours? They're calling it Fort Happy Sunshine. You and Lorna aren't allowed anywhere near it, ever."
    Cyclops: "I suppose we'll just have to spend more time elsewhere, then."
    Boom-Boom: "Hold on a sec, 'kay? Gabby? Hey, it's Tabby. Yeah, turns out Yana was totally right. Sucks, I know, he's totally the jerkass big brother figure who shouldn't be with anyone, ever. I know, kiddo, I know. Yeah, about that, you guys might want to rethink your strategy. Well, if Lorna and Scott aren't allowed in any of the common areas, they'll just stay in their quarters and spend more time fu... huh, together. Oh. Ooohhh, those are good ideas. Yeah, of course I'm down. Sure, I'll tell him. Okay, bye, sweetie"
    Boom-Boom: "Well, what do you know, Scott, the kids totally forgive you. It would also mean the wooorld to them if you and Lorna joined them in Fort Happy Sunshine. After you've taken at the very least ten additional showers. Separately. They want to start a Supergirl marathon. The entire series."
    Boom-Boom: "And once they're done with that, they're thinking of taking you two shopping for superpowered, tireless, psychic magical space puppies who will require attention 24/7 and around whom you won't be allowed to even think about sex, ever again. How cool is that going to be?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    This guy gets it, lol.

Boom-Boom: "Ah! See, Yana, we told yo... Wait, no, no, no, no, no... Oh, for the love of... Seriously, Cyke? Hickeys? How old ar... Holy crap, that is way too many scratch and bite marks on a dude with no healing factor, not that I'm judging, I'm totally cool with the rough stuff, but do you seriously, like, not need medical attention? Not that I'm offering, just... wow. Now, if you'd just stop scowling and move to the left just a little..."
    Cyclops: "Absolutely not."
    Boom-Boom: "Fine, whatever. If you want crap pictures of you going viral, all the more power to you, sheesh. Hashtag ScottIsPureEvil, hashtag YanaWasRight aaaand hashtag ShutUpYana. Ooookay. Well, Cyke, I hope you're happy. In one fell swoop, you've traumatized and/or pissed off an entire mutant nation, made our resident mutant demon queen a whole lot richer and the rest of us a whole lot broker."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, and while we're at it, all things considering, I'm being totally cool and dignified about it, what the effin' hell, Cyke? There are children on board! We're trying to teach them about life and all things badass while providing a safe, nurturing, squeaky-clean environ..."
    Cyclops: "When have the X-Men ever done that?"
    Boom-Boom: "Don't be that guy, Scott. The point is, you can't just strut around half naked and show off the goods just to spite us all! We get it, we were wrong, you're totally getting laid, most of us haven't gotten any in days or weeks or whatever, we suck, oh wait, we don't, ah, ha, ah!"
    Cyclops: "Firstly, they're teenagers, not actual children. Secondly, your particular brand of teaching landed them all in jail."
    Boom-Boom: "On purpose! Kinda. Come on, Jailbreak 101! In space! The kids need to know this stuff! Besides, posting actual bail? Boooring. Who does that anyway?"
    Cyclops: "Thirdly, I'm not showing off anything, Tabitha. You snuck up on me and ripped my damn t-shirt of...."
    Boom-Boom: " Oh my God, I just needed to take a good look at your neck so I'd prove Yana wrong! The thing practically ripped itself off, don't make it weird! I mean, hey, it's nice that your clothes sort of match for a change - by the way, Cyke, color theory, look it up, someday. Anyway, yeah, that has to be the tightest, most obnoxious, flimsiest turtleneck t-shirt anyone has ever wore! You can't put this on me!"
    Cyclops: "Tabitha, I'm not the one making anything weir... Mmm."
    Boom-Boom: "What? Wait, are you actually agreeing with any of the truth bombs I keep dropping on you?"
    Cyclops: "No. It's just... Lorna got me these t-shirts, actually. I told her they were the wrong size and the fabric didn't look nor feel adequately sturdy, but she just started laughing maniacally to herself."
    Cyclops: "It just occurred to me she might not have meant for them to be... huh... practical. Yeah. Anyway. Like I said, I'm not showing off and I'm certainly not trying to spite any of you."
    Boom-Boom: "Dude. We haven't seen the two of you in like eighteen hours. Next thing we know, you're walking around whistling, smiling and going on about breakfast in bed at four in the freakin' afternoon! Just, what, do you seriously not get how more punchable than usual your face is, right now?"
    Cyclops: "This should be good."
    Boom-Boom: "I mean, we were totally stoked we wouldn't have to put up with yet another Cyclops lecture, but then the kids started freaking out over you two being MIA for breakfast and we were all 'Relax, kiddos, they probably fell asleep playing checkers or whatever', but then Yana was all 'Yeah, no, they're totally doing it' and the rest of us all were all 'No way, Cyke's not allowed to have S-E-X with anyone unless he gets written permission from Logan, Jean and Emma!' Wait, is that right?"
    Cyclops: "Is what right?"
    Boom-Boom: "The unanimous vote thingy, duh. As opposed to, say, a majority vote. Or getting permission from just one of the three, I guess, but that seems super unlikely."
    Boom-Boom: "Fine, be like that. Whatever. Yana was all 'Guys, I hung out with the guy for months back when he wasn't putting out - Dani knows what I'm talking about. He's totally getting laid.' and we were all 'No way, never.' and Yana was all 'Whatevs, just you wait. No, you know what, let's bet on it. The guy's a sick masochist, it'll show.' and we were all 'Game on, sister!', but then we realized the kids were still there and, huh, yeah, just so you know, we're totally blaming you for whatever therapy the poor pups are going to need once we make it back home."
    Cyclops: "Surely it can't be..."
    Boom-Boom: "They barricaded themselves in the rec room and have been watching PG-rated cutesy cartoons for, what, eight hours? They're calling it Fort Happy Sunshine. You and Lorna aren't allowed anywhere near it, ever."
    Cyclops: "I suppose we'll just have to spend more time elsewhere, then."
    Boom-Boom: "Hold on a sec, 'kay? Gabby? Hey, it's Tabby. Yeah, turns out Yana was totally right. Sucks, I know, he's totally the jerkass big brother figure who shouldn't be with anyone, ever. I know, kiddo, I know. Yeah, about that, you guys might want to rethink your strategy. Well, if Lorna and Scott aren't allowed in any of the common areas, they'll just stay in their quarters and spend more time fu... huh, together. Oh. Ooohhh, those are good ideas. Yeah, of course I'm down. Sure, I'll tell him. Okay, bye, sweetie"
    Boom-Boom: "Well, what do you know, Scott, the kids totally forgive you. It would also mean the wooorld to them if you and Lorna joined them in Fort Happy Sunshine. After you've taken at the very least ten additional showers. Separately. They want to start a Supergirl marathon. The entire series."
    Boom-Boom: "And once they're done with that, they're thinking of taking you two shopping for superpowered, tireless, psychic magical space puppies who will require attention 24/7 and around whom you won't be allowed to even think about sex, ever again. How cool is that going to be?"
    Cyke is learning and Yana's still the best wingman.

And again. Lurking X-Editors/Writers, please hire Fluffy.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Seriously I hope the Hickman x-men will give us a Scott solo book I'm tired wolverine always gets one.

Dunno, it would probably make his inevitable breakdown over Xavier's latest set of BS even more depressing.

I'd be down for a Cyke/Mags Giant Size issue, though.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-28-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Seriously I hope the Hickman x-men will give us a Scott solo book I'm tired wolverine always gets one.
    Jordan White again confirmed Cyclops is the core character in X-Men again who will appear in every issue, so with them putting so much importance of him in that book, I'm doubtful he gets anything else. It's possibly Hickman wants to be the only one writing him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jordan White again confirmed Cyclops is the core character in X-Men again who will appear in every issue, so with them putting so much importance of him in that book, I'm doubtful he gets anything else. It's possibly Hickman wants to be the only one writing him.
    That I know but I meant more like if wolverine will be in x-force(and probably million more titles)then I hope cyclops will get a solo title focused on him since the x men book will have many characters who also needs focus.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Super annoying indeed.
    It's almost as if...we stepped into the twilight zone.

That I know but I meant more like if wolverine will be in x-force(and probably million more titles)then I hope cyclops will get a solo title focused on him since the x men book will have many characters who also needs focus.
    While it would be nice, I doubt it. Although, it does make me wonder what direction Hickman might take Scott. He doesn't necessarily seem to be going anywhere for now. While it is early, the only character change we have was off panel.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-28-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'd normally say it's a fantastic thing, but I'm not sure how to feel about HickmanClops' "I'll focus on stuff that makes me happy instead of focusing on the opposition because not worrying too much about this stuff is totally a leader's job" current stance. That being said, the inevitable freakouts over Scott's social life will most likely make up for it. Take the good with the bad and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's almost as if...we stepped into the twilight zone.
    Jeansus: "Scooootttt! I have five minutes to spare! You can fuss/angst over me!"
    Hickman: "Oh, that's okay. I'll just stand alone over here, stoically stare at a the Earth and think about my next date with Lo... I mean, my next fishing trip with my future father-in-l... I mean, Erik. My next fishing trip with Erik."
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-28-2019 at 03:23 PM.

BANNED

Before someone asks you for the link
    Nrama: We’ve seen plenty of mutants on the covers for X-Men so far. Who would you say comprises the core cast?

White: Cyclops.

That’s it for the core! But every issue, Scott is calling on the best and brightest to tackle whatever adventure awaits. He’s got all of mutantkind at his fingertips, he’s going to be bringing in some great surprises.
    The entire interview - https://www.newsarama.com/47608-jord...interview.html

A couple of interesting tidbits
    - There's a new group of villains showing up in #3 and even JDW was surprised with them.
    - #5 will have some surprising characters and set interesting stuff up.

And no, no answers about the rectangle, in case anyone is wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Before someone asks you for the link

The entire interview - https://www.newsarama.com/47608-jord...interview.html

A couple of interesting tidbits
    - There's a new group of villains showing up in #3 and even JDW was surprised with them.
    - #5 will have some surprising characters and set interesting stuff up.

And no, no answers about the rectangle, in case anyone is wondering.
    Actually, the guy from Orchis seems like a very good thematic opposite to Cyclops already. He needs more of that if the character is to have a chance to truly break out. Thematic villains OF HIS OWN that reflect upon who he is.

Heir to the Dream - give him an Heir to the Nightmare

Leader who angsts over his decisions and the costs of them - give him someone who uses minions and throws them away, while blaming them for any failures.

Someone who can slip in as a leader even for those who would otherwise be his enemies under normal circumstances - give him someone who is the leader because they can remove free will from those under them. This pairs well with what I always considered Scott's issues with free will - his tendency to assign (or presume) agency to those who really have none.

The tightly wound control freak whose power is out of control - an enemy who can maybe even control other people's powers, but has no emotional self control of their own.

And so on, enemies that are all his own, that the climax can come down to just Cyclops against them (as opposed to ones who require a full team to have a hope against), and that don't get poached for other characters. And especially don't allow them to be poached for the purpose of being punked by the lead of another title.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-28-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Thanks guys!
    I'm really ashamed.
    There's no need to feel that way, as everyone's already said, we understand your frustration and know you better than to think you actually mean to start anything.

Personally, my hype was through the roof coming into these books, but I'm feeling a little anxious about the direction. I wonder how I would have felt reading Morrison's run or the Utopia-era while they were new - being able to read them years after and having that detachment as well as the fact that they had happened probably helped me accept/reconcile the stories.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Honestly, I don't want this. One of the biggest problems in comics is overusing characters. Wolverine was and probably will be again, the poster child for this. I have no faith in Marvel editorial to keep different writers in sync on characterization. I don't want my fav's in every book every week. Gimme one solid book where they get presented well and competently and I'm happy. Cyclops especially, if he were to start getting too much panel time then the haters and detractors start coming out of the woodwork derailing every thread, on every book into a bash Cyclops rant. Its fun debating them for a while but it gets old.

Its kind of like how a very small subset of Jean fans continually lose their mind over Emma and pushing conspiracy theories that Hickman and Marvel are practicing some kind of vendetta against her.

BANNED

The x-office is basically torturing Jott shippers for the sheer hell of it and are still being hilariously/distressingly dishonest about it.
    ??? How are they doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    ??? How are they doing that?
    Scott and Jean haven't spent more than five minutes together in almost 15 years and the next-to-next thing we know, they have separate rooms, Logan's living at Casa Summers-Grey, but everything's totally cool, just you wait, we'll tell you what's the real score over the next few months!

If that's not torture/a sledgehammer to the Jott shippers' face, then please, tell me, what on Earth would qualify?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott and Jean haven't spent more than five minutes together in almost 15 years and the next-to-next thing we know, they have separate rooms, Logan's living at Casa Summers-Grey, but everything's totally cool, just you wait, we'll tell you what's the real score over the next few months!

If that's not torture/a sledgehammer to the Jott shippers' face, then please, tell me, what on Earth would qualify?
    You forgot Emma's "You better get ready to **** me tonight" look in HoX #6.