View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 581 of 619 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 9276
    BANNED

Did anyone watch Marsden's Enchanted here?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    He was the annoying prince, wasn't he?

Forgot he was in Sonic, HYPE INCREASING!

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That movie kicked ass!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    At this point, I'm sure Sonic is going to **** James Mardsen's girlfriend in his movie.
    Lol, that explains his awkward human proportions in his initial look.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.
    Did he really say, "fanatic fanboy"? That's a weird way of saying I disagree.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-02-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.
    I'm not sure where this was said, and of course some fans do go too far but I always assume the creators mostly hate us fans anyways especially those on here and on twitter. I think it is best to have minimal contact with them and mostly do not read their social media because they are as negative and toxic as the fans at times (probably because we all use the internet to rant lol). I wish they wouldn't take so many digs about the fans because it makes me not want to purchase either. It just leaves a bad taste when you see them do that.

I like JDW overall but I think he got negative towards us here because most of us were vocal about our dislike of Uncanny Disassembled, Age of X-man, and Ronsenberg's run. But he should be happy at how well received Hickman's run and DOX has been overall. They are doing good work (so far).

There is one Cyke fan that goes too far on twitter about stuff that happened with Cyke years ago. It is unfortunate but all groups have one or two that act bad. Fans can be fanatical and we do need to check our people from time to time. Fans need to realize when to let things go and when to take a moment and chill. Comics should be fun. We won't always agree and we can be critical of what we consume and read but try to always be respectful of other fans and creators.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The relationship between JDW and Cyclops' fans is complicated, to say the least.
    X-Office: "Why, you ungrateful... Come on, we brought your boy back. I mean, sure, he referred to himself as a monster and being wrong about everything, but he's getting tons of character development!"
    Cyclops Fans: "Character dev... What the eff... It's just a bunch of people whining and blaming Cyke for stuff that didn't even happen!"
    X-Office: "Oh my Gawd, you just don't get it. Tell you what, I'll show you. Yo, X-Twitter! Beating a make-believe dead horse to retroactively justify a bunch of grown-ass men and women still being pissy about fans not buying their AllLivesMatter rhetoric is totally awesome, right?"
    X-Twitter: "Not really, brah."
    X-Office: "Oh. Really? Like... Oh. Okay... Huh... Alrighty, then. Plan B. From now on, past sins shall be ignored! Mutant pride is where it's at! Yay!"
    Cyclops Fans: "........................"
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-03-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm not sure where this was said, and of course some fans do go too far but I always assume the creators mostly hate us fans anyways especially those on here and on twitter. I think it is best to have minimal contact with them and mostly do not read their social media because they are as negative and toxic as the fans at times (probably because we all use the internet to rant lol). I wish they wouldn't take so many digs about the fans because it makes me not want to purchase either. It just leaves a bad taste when you see them do that.

I like JDW overall but I think he got negative towards us here because most of us were vocal about our dislike of Uncanny Disassembled, Age of X-man, and Ronsenberg's run. But he should be happy at how well received Hickman's run and DOX has been overall. They are doing good work (so far).
    I dunno, man. I'd be pissed if the one time I let someone else take the reigns, everything's suddenly rosy. It adds more circumstantial evidence that I was the problem...

Jokes aside, I still question the role of an editor when continuity is readily thrown out the window. It feels more like editors are recruiters--- but even then, if Hickman's anything to go by, recruitment seems to be an inter-writer referral system.

There is one Cyke fan that goes too far on twitter about stuff that happened with Cyke years ago. It is unfortunate but all groups have one or two that act bad. Fans can be fanatical and we do need to check our people from time to time. Fans need to realize when to let things go and when to take a moment and chill. Comics should be fun. We won't always agree and we can be critical of what we consume and read but try to always be respectful of other fans and creators.
    Agreed. Which is why the past decade-ish of Marvel was so disappointing because the dudes up top seemed to forget that. But, hey, at least we got Hickman writing entertainment, now.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Fan can let things go if X-office let things go. Just February we've Cyke saying he was wrong to the very person who told him go to war with the avengers. I don't blame that twitter fan he has guts. I wish to see someone can actually counte his points. All hail @John Carter.

Maintaining continuity is not the job of editors. It should be but it isn't. His job is to make sure that the comics are on time, that they can be understanded and coordinate the artist, writer, inker and letterer.

The X-Office until Hickman arrived did not have any documents to control the plots or continuity. JDW himself admitted it, which was something they did on the fly. Hickman mentioned that he wasted a lot of time making documents to coordinate everything in Dawn of X.

JDW didn't need a logical reason to "Scott was wrong", his feeling was enough because there wasn't control. And that remains his strategy. Never specify anything, just talk about "feelings" because you can't argue a "feeling."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Maintaining continuity is not the job of editors. It should be but it isn't. His job is to make sure that the comics are on time, that they can be understanded and coordinate the artist, writer, inker and letterer.

The X-Office until Hickman arrived did not have any documents to control the plots or continuity. JDW himself admitted it, which was something they did on the fly. Hickman mentioned that he wasted a lot of time making documents to coordinate everything in Dawn of X.

JDW didn't need a logical reason to "Scott was wrong", his feeling was enough because there wasn't control. And that remains his strategy. Never specify anything, just talk about "feelings" because you can't argue a "feeling."
    He did? Dang. Just when I thought I couldn't respect a professional for owning up to their mess, dude actually went and did it. Same thing happened with Brevoort, who owned up to, iirc, focusing more on the Disney-owned film rights properties over the X-Men because of minimize profit-sharing. I might not like their work, but much respect for professionalism.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    He did? Dang. Just when I thought I couldn't respect a professional for owning up to their mess, dude actually went and did it. Same thing happened with Brevoort, who owned up to, iirc, focusing more on the Disney-owned film rights properties over the X-Men because of minimize profit-sharing. I might not like their work, but much respect for professionalism.
    Being fair, it was like this before JDW.

And then Hickman did it

BANNED

And to think those were the gold old days before things got all weird and rrrhateful.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    And to think those were the gold old days before things got all weird and rrrhateful.
    It's all better now though....right?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's all better now though....right?
    Depends.To most of us, it's obviously a step up, but hearing Cyke go on about focusing on the things that make him HAPPY! instead of focusing on whatever the efff the other would-be-genocidal team is doing feels kinda... off, I guess? To the Jott shippers, X-Men #1 was Judgement Day, basically.