View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 589 of 619 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 9276
    BANNED

I like Scott and Emma because they were a dynamic, contrasting couple which enriched both of them, especially actualizing Scott as a much more assertive, confident leader of the X-Men. It made them both multifaceted and better. And it's never been nostalgia, because a) I read Morrison's run as an adult, I grew up with Claremont and b) many of my favorite moments for them came post-Morrison. YMMV, but I don't have anything to prove or justify.

Now I wish Ewing was writing Scott instead of Hickman. I've been let down by Hickman and I had high hopes.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 11-10-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Scott and Emma because they were a dynamic, contrasting couple which enriched both of them, especially actualizing Scott as a much more assertive, confident leader of the X-Men. It made them both multifaceted and better. And it's never been nostalgia, because a) I read Morrison's run as an adult, I grew up with Claremont and b) many of my favorite moments for them came post-Morrison. YMMV, but I don't have anything to prove or justify.
    They broke up six years ago, with Scott showing no interest in getting back together. So wishing them back together and be what they once were is nostalgic isn't?

BANNED

Ewing will get Scott when Cebulski finally allows him to write his Punch Dimension Saga and nothing will ever be the same.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Now I wish Ewing was writing Scott instead of Hickman. I've been let down by Hickman and I had high Hope's.
    Considering the most talked about subject for Scott under Hickman's direction is shipping, I'd have to agree. At least for now. Hopefully something interesting happens with Scott eventually.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

I like Scott and Emma because they were a dynamic, contrasting couple which enriched both of them, especially actualizing Scott as a much more assertive, confident leader of the X-Men.
    Cyclops doesn't need Emma to be confident, or assertive or a leader. He can do all of these without any woman in fact.
    It made them both multifaceted and better
    To me it made Scott weak and dependant. I don't care about Emma, I guess it was good for her, she was a C lister before scemma but Cyclops has carried her enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post
    Cyclops doesn't need Emma to be confident, or assertive or a leader. He can do all of these without any woman in fact.

To me it made Scott weak and dependant. I don't care about Emma, I guess it was good for her, she was a C lister before scemma but Cyclops has carried her enough.
    Emma pushed him to be more confident. This is shown in virtually every run where they were together (Whedon, Fraction).

And calling Emma a C-lister is a joke. She was co-head during one of the most acclaimed runs of the 90s in Gen X, which is why she was brought to the main team by Morrison. While Morrison pushed her to the very top, she was still a decently popular character before the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma pushed him to be more confident. This is shown in virtually every run where they were together (Whedon, Fraction).

And calling Emma a C-lister is a joke. She was co-head during one of the most acclaimed runs of the 90s in Gen X, which is why she was brought to the main team by Morrison. While Morrison pushed her to the very top, she was still a decently popular character before the relationship.
    It depends on your interpretation of what the letter tiers are - if you reserve the term "A-lister" only for those characters who can sustain long running solo titles, well, most of the X-Men top out on the B-list except for the healing factor brigade. If Emma wasn't on the level of characters like Cyclops and Storm (arguable the top two who don't get long term solo projects) then she would have qualified as a C-list character at the time. She's solidly on the same level as Scott and Ororo now, despite the character assassination period she was forced through post Stupid Wars (although maybe that title is unfair, the stupid part was what they did with the aftermath more than the actual event). Although X-fans are very good at spotting ham-handed character assassination and refusing to acknowledge it, despite the wishes of Marvel editorial.

Currently I'd rate my 'tiers' list as follows.

A List - Can hold down a solo title that won't probably be cancelled within 12 issues, barring line wide rebranding/reboots.

B List - Popular enough to be the central focus of a team book, but not a solo title. This aspect must have the ability to survive relaunches.

C List - Desired character to put on a team book, typically also guest stars in title other than their own (with meaningful dialogue - wallpaper doesn't count) and will quickly show up on a new team book if the old one gets cancelled for any reason.

D List - Not always on a team book, but periods without them tend to be short (they re-appear after the next relaunch), or has a strong role in a minor title. Minor titles often like characters of this tier because editorial over rules the writer less often.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 11-10-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

I feel like, until the next crisis happens, we're stuck with domesticated Happy!Cyke, so all anyone's gonna be talking about is shipping drama. I could be wrong, though, since we've only had one issue of X-Men so far. "Three episode rule" applies, after all...
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It depends on your interpretation of what the letter tiers are - if you reserve the term "A-lister" only for those characters who can sustain long running solo titles, well, most of the X-Men top out on the B-list except for the healing factor brigade. If Emma wasn't on the level of characters like Cyclops and Storm (arguable the top two who don't get long term solo projects) then she would have qualified as a C-list character at the time. She's solidly on the same level as Scott and Ororo now, despite the character assassination period she was forced through post Stupid Wars (although maybe that title is unfair, the stupid part was what they did with the aftermath more than the actual event). Although X-fans are very good at spotting ham-handed character assassination and refusing to acknowledge it, despite the wishes of Marvel editorial.
    I don't think they were going with your interpretation. I believe they were going with "same tier as Glob or Maggot".

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

Any female that he was dating owuld have that efect. Anyway I think it is lame because it takes away from cyclops character and people only want the nice things, but not the bad things on the relationship.

Generation X was a third rate book

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. Can't believe nobody's joked about ScEmma being an "evil" mutant Brangelina.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Any female that he was dating owuld have that efect. Anyway I think it is lame because it takes away from cyclops character and people only want the nice things, but not the bad things on the relationship.

Generation X was a third rate book
    Yeah, no. I know you believe that because it had Emma not kicking puppies and drowning kittens, but it was one of the better runs of the 90s, especially considering it didn't have Wolverine to carry it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Now I wish Ewing was writing Scott instead of Hickman. I've been let down by Hickman and I had high hopes.
    I'm assuming Ewing's name is thrown in because of the Immortal Hulk plug a few posts back since I can't seem to recall the dude writing Cyke. Which "Cyke" does Ewings run resemble? As of the current Dawn of X era, seems like we're getting Sunshine-and-Rainbows Cyke instead of Determinator/Survivor!Cyke.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Le sigh. Can't believe nobody's joked about ScEmma being an "evil" mutant Brangelina.
    "Brangelina" = Brad & Angelina? Were Cyke and Emma adopting kids that I don't know abou--

--oh Lordy. You're talking about Hope, aren't you? Uh-uh. No way, pal. I'm drawing a line on the sand here.
    Let your wallet talk.