View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 590 of 619 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9276
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm assuming Ewing's name is thrown in because of the Immortal Hulk plug a few posts back since I can't seem to recall the dude writing Cyke. Which "Cyke" does Ewings run resemble? As of the current Dawn of X era, seems like we're getting Sunshine-and-Rainbows Cyke instead of Determinator/Survivor!Cyke.
    Ewing's favorite X-Man is Cyclops, so it's valid wanting him to take Scott for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't think they were going with your interpretation. I believe they were going with "same tier as Glob or Maggot".
    While Glob might be C-list, that seems to be driven by a very small fan club that seems to be made up of entirely of writers or editors. Maggot isn't very popular at all, although like all characters, he has his fans. As the saying goes, every character is somebodies favorite. Even Adam-X.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    While Glob might be C-list, that seems to be driven by a very small fan club that seems to be made up of entirely of writers or editors. Maggot isn't very popular at all, although like all characters, he has his fans. As the saying goes, every character is somebodies favorite. Even Adam-X.
    Can’t wait till Hickman starts writing Adam x

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post

Quesada and Morrison's fall out has nothing to do with people being nostalgic for Morrison because they are.
    Sure, but these people don't work for Marvel right now. The business is largely dominated by middle aged (white) men.

Nostalgia hits on all ages, just because you ship Scemma doesn't mean it is not nostalgia. You like it, for you and all Scemma shippers is part of the characters no matter what, but so would say the Jean/Scott fans. Scemma as Jott broke years ago.
    We're discussing different things- you're talking about fans when I was discussing creators/editors, since Marvel clearly ignored what the former wanted in the last years.

Also, before Hickman, Emma was being portrayed as a crazy psycho ex and Cyclops as an evil bastard, so wanting to go back to a different era was kind of inevitable for any fan.

Over my wife? Of course not.
    Of course I don't expect you to choose a fictional character over your wife, and the fact that you're putting them in the same category and implying there could be a choice shows you might be confusing things.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm married. I absolutely would. Emma sacrificed almost everything to stand beside Scott. She showed him loyalty that no one else even remotely dared to do. She stood by him while the rest of the world called him Mutant Hitler. People should wish for that kind of devotion from their partner. I'm thankful I have a similar level of devotion from my wife, and I give her the same in turn.
    Well said. Emma was the only person that never abandoned him even at the worst times, when she could have sold him out and live comfortably (well, her and Illyana actually).

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Scott and Emma because they were a dynamic, contrasting couple which enriched both of them, especially actualizing Scott as a much more assertive, confident leader of the X-Men. It made them both multifaceted and better. And it's never been nostalgia, because a) I read Morrison's run as an adult, I grew up with Claremont and b) many of my favorite moments for them came post-Morrison. YMMV, but I don't have anything to prove or justify.
    Yep, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    "Brangelina" = Brad & Angelina? Were Cyke and Emma adopting kids that I don't know abou--

--oh Lordy. You're talking about Hope, aren't you? Uh-uh. No way, pal. I'm drawing a line on the sand here.
    There's the Cuckoos as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    They broke up six years ago, with Scott showing no interest in getting back together. So wishing them back together and be what they once were is nostalgic isn't?
    I was speaking of the couple in past tense (for now).

BANNED

It's Cyclops Monday. Let's wish for the best! It's CC vs jott vs scemma time.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It's Cyclops Monday. Let's wish for the best! It's CC vs jott vs scemma time.
    I want to wish for the best. But at the same time, well...

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Can’t wait till Hickman starts writing Adam x
    This makes me wonder if he is the other brother that's been mentioned. Or maybe it was just a joke.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I want to wish for the best. But at the same time, well...

This makes me wonder if he is the other brother that's been mentioned. Or maybe it was just a joke.
    I’m hoping it’s not a joke. Hickman is making cyclops the focus of the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Now I wish Ewing was writing Scott instead of Hickman. I've been let down by Hickman and I had high hopes.
    Ewing writing the main books would be amazing. He'd definitely be one of my top writers.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Best part of X-men Monday:

I think he is the rock that their island nation is built upon. And I think that he is still very much a leader of his people, I think the people of Krakoa know him and what he has done for them over the years, and they look up to him. He is the head of the X-Men in any Super-Hero activity which is essentially the military of Krakoa. He might not be RULING Krakoa, but he is definitely leading it.

So...as I am catching up on HoX/PofX and the new titles......Cyclops just really seems off to me. Maybe it is part of the plot...foreshadowing that this whole turn of events is not what it seems. Maybe it is just Hickman's writing. Maybe Scott really has substantially changed post resurrection. What say you?

My favorite part to

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I think he is the rock that their island nation is built upon. And I think that he is still very much a leader of his people, I think the people of Krakoa know him and what he has done for them over the years, and they look up to him. He is the head of the X-Men in any Super-Hero activity which is essentially the military of Krakoa. He might not be RULING Krakoa, but he is definitely leading it.
    The x-office truly is intent on soft-retconning away the EXM/M-Pox era, isn't it?

BANNED

As they should, it's worthless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As they should, it's worthless.
    ??????????