View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 613 of 619 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 9276

I think it’s a pretty common assumption on this board that a lot of people like Scott’s hair showing. But I disagree that his best costumes are with his hair showing. I personally don’t see how you can say they are the best when he’s had what, 5 of them in almost 60 years? And some of them are just ok. His open haired X-Factor wasn’t bad, but I think don’t was as good as the blue and white. The black and gold jackets in Morrison’s run were ok. Eve of Destruction was great but lasted like 3 issues. And aside from those you have Lee’s costume, which I actually never liked. And you have Larroca’s take on it, which with the silver visor was fine. And you had the two issue Whedon costume with hood down from as well that was ok. I feel like on this board it’s the opposite, it’s more of rare thing to LIKE the hooded costumes. I know it’s controversial, but I loved the revolutionary costume. And my all time favorite is the Astonishing blue from Whedon’s run. I’d say that might be his longest running modern day costume. Hickman’s mix of the two is pretty solid as well. Just my opinion, and I’ll say it again, his Lee design is unarguably his most iconic one. And I will say he has had some pretty meh ones with the hood as well. Don’t get me started on the honeymoon outfit.
    I wrote the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    I think it’s a pretty common assumption on this board that a lot of people like Scott’s hair showing. But I disagree that his best costumes are with his hair showing. I personally don’t see how you can say they are the best when he’s had what, 5 of them in almost 60 years? And some of them are just ok. His open haired X-Factor wasn’t bad, but I think don’t was as good as the blue and white. The black and gold jackets in Morrison’s run were ok. Eve of Destruction was great but lasted like 3 issues. And aside from those you have Lee’s costume, which I actually never liked. And you have Larroca’s take on it, which with the silver visor was fine. And you had the two issue Whedon costume with hood down from as well that was ok. I feel like on this board it’s the opposite, it’s more of rare thing to LIKE the hooded costumes. I know it’s controversial, but I loved the revolutionary costume. And my all time favorite is the Astonishing blue from Whedon’s run. I’d say that might be his longest running modern day costume. Hickman’s mix of the two is pretty solid as well. Just my opinion, and I’ll say it again, his Lee design is unarguably his most iconic one. And I will say he has had some pretty meh ones with the hood as well. Don’t get me started on the honeymoon outfit.
    Just going to slip in here just to say that I agree with all that. And that I too, like Scott’s costumes covering his hair.

Edit: I’m also conflicted on the poll options! Do I choose “hell yes”, “absolutely”... or them both! Ahhhh! Choices!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    I think it’s a pretty common assumption on this board that a lot of people like Scott’s hair showing.
    Ya know, for some reason I don't actually trust Scott when he doesn't have his hair showing?

Like, not even as a character--I mean visually, if that makes sense? Something about him not having his hair showing just makes him slightly more unreadable to me than when he's wearing his visor? Which, funnily enough, the latter of which I have actually no problem with? Like at all?

I wonder if it's part of the idea of how costume/character design is (in theory anyway) meant to communicate aspects of the character's personality and/or what they're about? Like, I guess to me, when Scott has his hair covered I'm seeing it as part of his personality being covered up or shielded? Which makes sense considering the type of character Scott is, but still?

Idk, it's an odd one I totally admit!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ya know, for some reason I don't actually trust Scott when he doesn't have his hair showing?

Like, not even as a character--I mean visually, if that makes sense? Something about him not having his hair showing just makes him slightly more unreadable to me than when he's wearing his visor? Which, funnily enough, the latter of which I have actually no problem with? Like at all?
    Why are we so much on the same wavelength? Show the hair!
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post

I wonder if it's part of the idea of how costume/character design is (in theory anyway) meant to communicate aspects of the character's personality and/or what they're about? Like, I guess to me, when Scott has his hair covered I'm seeing it as part of his personality being covered up or shielded? Which makes sense considering the type of character Scott is, but still?

Idk, it's an odd one I totally admit!
    In the past, they were all either in plain clothes or in uniform. When you're in uniform, you play a role, the soldier. Now, they are in uniform all the time, never giving up the role of the soldier. Does Magneto remove his helmet? Now even Xavier has his own helmet. It creates a distance.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Scott needs a new costume.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-cyclops-...-family-crazy/

So Katie summers is still out there

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Scott needs a new costume.
    Scott’s been in 5 costumes this year. He’s gone through his Red X costume. Wore the Astonishing in 2 different fashions, before it got trashed. Wore Lee’s one with a silver visor, and then just got Hickman’s costume. And you’re using it as an avatar. Really?
    I wrote the book.

Scott doesnt need a new costume; he needs a modification. His current look needs to ditch the skullcap and Id change the color scheme so its not two shades of blue. Maybe blue/red or blue/black

Scott's current outfit but without a hood would be the best he has ever had.

BANNED

Head-condom haters are cops.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Look how happy he is

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Scott's head tilt seems slightly suspicious...lol. Liking the cover.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How tall is Scott supposed to be?