Results 9,211 to 9,225 of 9276

Cyclops owns the x-men's Fox News?

lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Cyclops owns the x-men's Fox News?

lol
    Xavier owns it.

Plus He's naming them after different mutants to avoid suspicion.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post

Oh, right
    Thank you.

It's frustratingly expatriating to explain to causal X-Men fans why Scott is not at all and never could be and it makes me kinda mad even to say it...NO SCOTT IS NOT "A" TOM BRADY!!!

Mostly and a lot because I don't even want to know about or talk Tom Brady, NFL or already gets me all upset even...no I don't...but it happens a lot that this happens and sometimes even in a way that a guy usually wants to be all into Cyclops...but actually...isn't!!! You know?!

I say this because I had to do this...and got way too, emotional I guess...which made me feel kind of defensive and aggressive...like being possessed by a...I felt like pointing a finger at Captain America and saying "don't you dare" and him being all like..."what did I do?"

and just storming away

grumbling "oh, you know"

and now I feel all gross about it

because they don't know

it's a Cyclopsian or Scott-esque condition...in a Kafka way.

"not, everyone can carry the weight of the world...talk about the passion"
    Last edited by sungila; 12-18-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

It can be a nod to when Scott was a radio host.

Fantastic Member

That is one of the dumbest comparisons.

Maybe it has to do with his looks?

Tom brady is only a quarterback. Not a radio persona.

BANNED

Did Scott interact with greek gods of MU?
    Someone codenamed Cyclops should have a great dynamics with the greek gods.

This thread though. I come back and the inmates are running the asylum. You'll had one job. ONE JOB.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It can be a nod to when Scott was a radio host.
    Why were day jobs done away with? Are they really dinosaur-outdated relics when it comes to telling superhero stories?

Take Black Widow. In the first "Thunderbolts" story post-Onslaught, reporters still referred to her as Madam Natasha the trendsetter (way before "influencer" became a thing), not the Agent of SHIELD.

I felt like something was lost when many supers simply stopped even going through the motions of a mundane life outside of super activities.

Even Clark is "trying" to retain his job despite outing himself as Superman over in the Distinguished Competitoin.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-19-2019 at 02:53 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Why were day jobs done away with? Are they really dinosaur-outdated relics when it comes to telling superhero stories?

Take Black Widow. In the first "Thunderbolts" story post-Onslaught, reporters still referred to her as Madam Natasha the trendsetter (way before "influencer" became a thing), not the Agent of SHIELD.

I felt like something was lost when many supers simply stopped even going through the motions of a mundane life outside of super activities.
    Normally the jobs of the superheroes served to give plausible reasons for the characters to find plots. Like, Clark Kent and Peter Parker are on the stage of a story and coincidentally need Superman and Spiderman, Matt Murdock finds a legal problem that only Daredevil can solve, all that.

For example Jane Foster (Valkyrie) works as a medical examiner and thus finds plots that revolve around the dead.

For most mutants this is not necessary. People go for them because they are mutants, there is no need to add more controversial reasons for Scott to be in a place where Cyclops is needed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This thread though. I come back and the inmates are running the asylum. You'll had one job. ONE JOB.
    What happened?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I vaguely recall Scott acting as a pilot, briefly, right around the time he was dating Lee Forrester, if I remember correctly.

It is interesting that the more removed the X-Men get from 'the real world' including jobs and human friends and family and whatnot, at first self-segregating at the mansion and only really interacting with other mutants, other super-heroes, and the occasional human supremacist whackjob, and now even further removed on some island, it gets kind of weird, narratively, IMO, almost incestuous and self-referential.

I wonder what ever happened to Scott's grandparents.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I vaguely recall Scott acting as a pilot, briefly, right around the time he was dating Lee Forrester, if I remember correctly.
    Scott worked on Lee's fishing boat in Florida. He became a cargo pilot in Alaska after he hooked up with Madelyne.

It is interesting that the more removed the X-Men get from 'the real world' including jobs and human friends and family and whatnot, at first self-segregating at the mansion and only really interacting with other mutants, other super-heroes, and the occasional human supremacist whackjob, and now even further removed on some island, it gets kind of weird, narratively, IMO, almost incestuous and self-referential.
    Hickman's Krakoa setup is just the last stage of the X-Men's transformation into the Inhumans. Contemporary Marvel is deeply invested in the concept of an isolated nation-state of superhumans setting themselves apart from humanity.

I wonder what ever happened to Scott's grandparents.
    They sold their freight airline (unknowingly) to Sinister and went on a world cruise in the early Simonson X-Factor days. They turned up in the Nicieza X-Men run a couple of times, the last time being when Adam X saved Philip from a plane crash.

I don't know that they've appeared since.

BANNED

So, Scott's grandparents died off-panel. Because they should've appeared in X-men #1 if they're alive.

And don't think Scott will have much appearance in Cable solo written by duggan. It's have logan on cover for god's sake.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 12-20-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Maybe they just weren't invited to that dinner. If they are very old it can be very hard for them the deaths and resurrections so abrupt in the family.