• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 617 of 619 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619 LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 9276
    Amazing Member

So I mostly lurk but I wanted to share an early gift a friend gave me. They bought one of the blank cover Powers of X comics then commissioned art of my character in a X-Men rpg who is a Summers sister (this character was made back when I thought Sinister said sibling and not brother)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cyked; 12-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    So I mostly lurk but I wanted to share an early gift a friend gave me. They bought one of the blank cover Powers of X comics then commissioned art of my character in a X-Men rpg who is a Summers sister (this character was made back when I thought Sinister said sibling and not brother)
    Nice art, it would hace been an interesting twist to get a sister instead of a brother

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Nice art, it would hace been an interesting twist to get a sister instead of a brother
    Hey, very nice! That was really cool of your friend. I also really wished it was a Summers sibling/sister rather than brother. It would have been cool to see a girl in Scott’s life that isn’t upset at him for marital, romantic or sexual reasons! :P

BANNED

We might get a Summers Sister per Sinister gossip.

BANNED

Amazing Member

I think a Summers sister would be great because it would add something new to that family. We already have 3 Summers brothers, a 4th wouldn't add anything in a story sense I think. The only exception here would be if it was Adam-X because he wouldn't be a "Summers" brother, he'd be whatever Katherine's maiden name was. We know so little about Katherine Summers, I wouldn't mind learning more.

A Summers sister would be a twist. Obviously her power would be shooting lasers out of her boobs though.

I think a Summers sister would be great because it would add something new to that family. We already have 3 Summers brothers, a 4th wouldn't add anything in a story sense I think. The only exception here would be if it was Adam-X because he wouldn't be a "Summers" brother, he'd be whatever Katherine's maiden name was. We know so little about Katherine Summers, I wouldn't mind learning more.
    Sinister never said that there was a third Summers brother. He said that Scott had brothers. Its fans that assumed it was a Summers brother and that blew up into something bigger than what Nicieza intended

As far as sister, it would be cool if they brought Siphon onin present day and confirmed her as such

Last edited by Havok83; 12-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sinister never said that there was a third Summers brother. He said that Scott had brothers. Its fans that assumed it was a Summers brother and that blew up into something bigger than what Nicieza intended

As far as sister, it would be cool if they brought Siphon onin present day and confirmed her as such

Oooh yes make it happen.

Amazing Member

I can't find much of anything on Siphon...any details? Right now she just looks like female Cyclops, which is too similar. I'd want to see some form of an energy based power but manifesting differently. The character I made had a vibrational aura that acted as a force field and form of offense. This way she could be an energy based melee fighter instead of ranged to set her a part from Alex and Scott.

Ultimate Member

I can't find much of anything on Siphon...any details? Right now she just looks like female Cyclops, which is too similar. I'd want to see some form of an energy based power but manifesting differently.
    I kind of want more related mutants whose powers have *nothing* to do with each other. Less like Rachel and Nate and Lorna and Theresa (exact same powerset as a parent), more like the Guthrie siblings, or Mystique and Nightcrawler, or Piotr and 'Yana. That said, a Summer's sister whose power was NOT some variation on 'energy-blaster', but was more of tank or animalistic / feral or something physical, could be fun.

On the other hand, giving someone a freaky power obliquely related to the whole Punch Dimension concept, but pulling in *matter* instead of red concussive energy, and doing so on a quantum level (so that she's creating more of whatever matter is present, from a strong wind by creating more air in an area, to creating floods by 'quantum enriching' the amount of water present, to causing the earth to rise up and engulf people) could be neat. Every instant, the quarks inside of atoms phase out and are replaced by new quarks, she (insert comic-book pseudo-science bullshit here) prevents the quarks from leaving, but allows the new quarks to appear, causing the matter to double in volume each second, with effects that seem similar to using Pym particles on surrounding matter. When she stops using her power, all the 'extra quarks' rush away and the volume of affected matter withers away to normal almost instantly.

It'd be a fun way to play with the theme of Cyclops power, to draw force from the Punch Dimension, only she'd be drawing essentially proto-matter instead, which assumes the properties of whatever matter is present and expands in all directions, gaining mass as she maintains the power, and fading away when she's done. (Or perhaps remaining until she chooses to send it away?)

I can't find much of anything on Siphon...any details? Right now she just looks like female Cyclops, which is too similar. I'd want to see some form of an energy based power but manifesting differently. The character I made had a vibrational aura that acted as a force field and form of offense. This way she could be an energy based melee fighter instead of ranged to set her a part from Alex and Scott.
    She appeared in one story, Ages of Apocalypse, taking place in an alternate future following the events of The Twelve. No real details were given about her beyond she had a possible connection to Scott that Jean noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kind of want more related mutants whose powers have *nothing* to do with each other. Less like Rachel and Nate and Lorna and Theresa (exact same powerset as a parent), more like the Guthrie siblings, or Mystique and Nightcrawler, or Piotr and 'Yana. That said, a Summer's sister whose power was NOT some variation on 'energy-blaster', but was more of tank or animalistic / feral or something physical, could be fun.

On the other hand, giving someone a freaky power obliquely related to the whole Punch Dimension concept, but pulling in *matter* instead of red concussive energy, and doing so on a quantum level (so that she's creating more of whatever matter is present, from a strong wind by creating more air in an area, to creating floods by 'quantum enriching' the amount of water present, to causing the earth to rise up and engulf people) could be neat. Every instant, the quarks inside of atoms phase out and are replaced by new quarks, she (insert comic-book pseudo-science bullshit here) prevents the quarks from leaving, but allows the new quarks to appear, causing the matter to double in volume each second, with effects that seem similar to using Pym particles on surrounding matter. When she stops using her power, all the 'extra quarks' rush away and the volume of affected matter withers away to normal almost instantly.

It'd be a fun way to play with the theme of Cyclops power, to draw force from the Punch Dimension, only she'd be drawing essentially proto-matter instead, which assumes the properties of whatever matter is present and expands in all directions, gaining mass as she maintains the power, and fading away when she's done. (Or perhaps remaining until she chooses to send it away?)
    I’m also tired of related powers. They can be related and different, which adds diversity to powers and mutations. What if she’s a Summers sister but has no X-gene? Awwwkwaaaard.

She appeared in one story, Ages of Apocalypse, taking place in an alternate future following the events of The Twelve. No real details were given about her beyond she had a possible connection to Scott that Jean noticed.
    What issue is that

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't remember, where is this from?