• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 89 of 619 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Goodness, now I'm dreading reading the annual. What is this nonsense? Scott didn't try to get it for himself, it was thrust upon him; he was creating utopia on earth with the only truly morally questionable thing he did at that time was outlawing a sovereign nation's right to declare war; killed Xavier after practically everyone he ever trusted turned on him and were intent on killing him; Namor flooded Wakanda on his own, but siding with him afterward was questionable; imprisoning enemy combatants as chips to force the enemy to surrender instead of killing them like some of the other P5 wanted. No one really thinks Jean is a monster, she's been given a complete get-out-of-responsibility-card; of course, she's the best so she takes the responsibility on anyway since she's the best.

Just, ugh.
    Not initially unless he's referring to Scott trying to get more of the Phoenix's power when he took out Emma and became Dark Phoenix. Even then he cant truly be held accountable bc he wasnt in his right mind due to cosmic possession

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not initially unless he's referring to Scott trying to get more of the Phoenix's power when he took out Emma and became Dark Phoenix. Even then he cant truly be held accountable bc he wasnt in his right mind due to cosmic possession
    They are clearly going with the "posted" narrative that the X-Men were completely evil through AvX, so everything they did was evil, including bringing food, water, and energy to the entire world, improving the whole planet, and trying to stop conflict. Guess UNISEC is secretly Hydra.

Exactly, so he can't use this argument either. I'm not ready to declare this a bad start yet, I need to read the annual, but everything I'm seeing so far has me doubtful that Marvel has succeeded.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked that Marvel didn't crap on his relationship with Jean for once. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I liked that Marvel didn't crap on his relationship with Jean for once. YAY!
    Nah, they just threw everything that happened post-Morrison under the bus, including Emma, and then ran her over with the bus a few times.

I agree with the posters here. Cyclops is dead. He's still dead. All we have here is Adult Tyke.

And I like Jott. But if this is just whiny, ineffectual loser Tyke, then frankly Jean deserves better than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Nah, they just threw everything that happened post-Morrison under the bus, including Emma, and then ran her over with the bus a few times.

I agree with the posters here. Cyclops is dead. He's still dead. All we have here is Adult Tyke.

And I like Jott. But if this is just whiny, ineffectual loser Tyke, then frankly Jean deserves better than that.
    Well,she is getting bishop.

Aside from acknowledging his faults, he isnt really portrayed like Teen Scott. For one, he is stepping up to the plate as a leader, something his younger version ran away from. He isnt whiny, nor was he ineffectual here. I think this issue did a good job of bringing him back and resetting the character. The person he had become in the Utopia through Bendis era just doesnt fit with the current X-line. His attitude and actions were very specific to what was going on around him and mutantkind is in a much different place now. He has to move forward as he'd be stuck in the past to still be this revolutionary that people grabbed onto. I dont like that he said he was wrong for his actions then bc I dont think he was, but I think Brisson did a good job of capturing his voice. This wasnt a horrible Scott that was written in this issue

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know it was not perfect, i know emma has sadly been handled terribly and i know jott is going to be fucked soon
    but i just wanted to rejoice in what little i can. I like that ship so much and has suffered so much that i couldn't help but get happy and didn't care much about how it affected emma, I was a bit selfish
    sorry for that.

Aside from acknowledging his faults, he isnt really portrayed like Teen Scott. For one, he is stepping up to the plate as a leader, something his younger version ran away from. He isnt whiny, nor was he ineffectual here. I think this issue did a good job of bringing him back and resetting the character. The person he had become in the Utopia through Bendis era just doesnt fit with the current X-line. His attitude and actions were very specific to what was going on around him and mutantkind is in a much different place now. He has to move forward as he'd be stuck in the past to still be this revolutionary that people grabbed onto. I dont like that he said he was wrong for his actions then bc I dont think he was, but I think Brisson did a good job of capturing his voice. This wasnt a horrible Scott that was written in this issue
    I don't get that argument - wrong for the current X-line. If anything, that would be a good thing, because we would get to see a Cyclops who is moving ahead contrasted with a team that is (supposedly) getting back to basics.

Scottbot and Stormbot should date

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know it was not perfect, i know emma has sadly been handled terribly and i know jott is going to be fucked soon
    Nah. Remember my words, everything that's happening now with Scott is done so he can easily be reunited with Jean in near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't get that argument - wrong for the current X-line. If anything, that would be a good thing, because we would get to see a Cyclops who is moving ahead contrasted with a team that is (supposedly) getting back to basics.
    Mutantkind isnt on the brink of exintinction. The desperate and aggressive measures he took post M-Day dont make sense with how the world is for mutants. The revolutionary Cyclops from the Bendis era also doesnt make sense bc he isnt an outlaw fugitive anymore. That type of Cyclops and the storytelling for him depends on being treated as public enemy #1 and an outcast to the X-men. Its really not a good idea to go back to that status quo. Scott doesnt really have a reason to fight like he did in either of these eras. That status quo is long gone and doesnt fit the narrative anymore.

Mutantkind isnt on the brink of exintinction. The desperate and aggressive measures he took post M-Day dont make sense with how the world is for mutants. The revolutionary Cyclops from the Bendis era also doesnt make sense bc he isnt an outlaw fugitive anymore. That type of Cyclops and the storytelling for him depends on being treated as public enemy #1 and an outcast to the X-men. Its really not a good idea to go back to that status quo. Scott doesnt really have a reason to fight like he did in either of these eras. That status quo is long gone and doesnt fit the narrative anymore.
    Uh they kinda are now thanks to UXM 10. Well more like they're lining up to be human but kinda sorta.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Lol,have you read uncanny x-men #10?

Rosenberg didn't help with what he said. I don't want Tyke 2.0 I want Cyclops. I will not bother picking up Uncanny or X men. Still love Cyclops as a character but is my money and not going to spend it reading some cry baby.

Good luck guys.