218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 619 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Gillen was a no as part of the hard mode

As for me...
    Waid definitely wrote a good Tyke during champions, too bad his time was cut short

Also, lot of appreciation for Simonson, she did a great job, her whole cyclops era should be literally called "from the ashes"
    If we're talking Tyke, then I'd be hard pressed between Rucka and Waid.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Gillen was a no as part of the hard mode

As for me...
    Waid definitely wrote a good Tyke during champions, too bad his time was cut short

Also, lot of appreciation for Simonson, she did a great job, her whole cyclops era should be literally called "from the ashes"
    I’ve always said a Cyclops solo/narrative where he straddles the line between an attempt to move towards BoyScott and the shadow of RightClops in the vein of Waid’s run on Daredevil would make for a fantastic read.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Ah, I love the Phoenix, and doing research on it.

There are five states of Phoenix/host relationship.

1) Not in Resonance, Host Dominant (Green Suit Jean): The weakest state of the Phoenix. Host dictates the actions, though the Phoenix can exert subtle influence.

2) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Dominant (Red Suit Jean): Not a Dark Phoenix. Phoenix simply dictates the actions, while the host exerts influence to hold the Phoenix in check.

3) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Possessed (Dark Phoenix): The Phoenix has fully overridden the host and is lost in its own desires, whatever they may be. Often destructive.

4) In Resonance (White Phoenix): The host and Phoenix are cooperating fully, and share thoughts and emotions. Achievable by accepting the Phoenix rather than fighting its influence. Hope and Scott have done this.

5) Beyond Resonance (White Phoenix of the Crown): The Phoenix and the host are now indistinguishable from each other. Only achievable by the Phoenix's choice combined with the host's desire. Surmised but not confirmed that when Jean achieved this, she began to stop being matter, and start being pure psionic energy, and needed to stay within the bounds of the White Hot Room to contain the limitless power.
    That is quite informative.

First post here. Took 9 pages.

Alright guys, favorite Cyke writers time!
    Hard mode, no Claremont, Gillen or whedon
    Roy Thomas
    Stan Lee
    John Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Ah, I love the Phoenix, and doing research on it.

There are five states of Phoenix/host relationship.

1) Not in Resonance, Host Dominant (Green Suit Jean): The weakest state of the Phoenix. Host dictates the actions, though the Phoenix can exert subtle influence.

2) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Dominant (Red Suit Jean): Not a Dark Phoenix. Phoenix simply dictates the actions, while the host exerts influence to hold the Phoenix in check.

3) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Possessed (Dark Phoenix): The Phoenix has fully overridden the host and is lost in its own desires, whatever they may be. Often destructive.

4) In Resonance (White Phoenix): The host and Phoenix are cooperating fully, and share thoughts and emotions. Achievable by accepting the Phoenix rather than fighting its influence. Hope and Scott have done this.

5) Beyond Resonance (White Phoenix of the Crown): The Phoenix and the host are now indistinguishable from each other. Only achievable by the Phoenix's choice combined with the host's desire. Surmised but not confirmed that when Jean achieved this, she began to stop being matter, and start being pure psionic energy, and needed to stay within the bounds of the White Hot Room to contain the limitless power.
    Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts 2's Drive Forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    And this reminds me that I still need to play those games...

I wonder, if Scott was forced to choose a game/series to play, which would he pick?

We know in the TV department that he likes Seinfeld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    And this reminds me that I still need to play those games...

I wonder, if Scott was forced to choose a game/series to play, which would he pick?

We know in the TV department that he likes Seinfeld.
    I'm more concerned to know which one would he choose between bewitched and I dream of Jeannie...

As for video games... He'd choose runescape for all the useless grinding

Mighty Member

Nicieza and Simonson.

Nicieza in particular knew how to strike the balance between Scott's angst and his strength. He did BoyScott right.

I'm more concerned to know which one would he choose between bewitched and I dream of Jeannie...

As for video games... He'd choose runescape for all the useless grinding
    Haha, that makes sense to me. Hmm, I’ve never watched Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie - although I share Scott’s love of Seinfeld.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Simonson, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Was just thinking that too after reading that post. Take out White Crown and it fits perfectly.

Favorite writers expect CC, whedon & Gillen- Simonson & Lobdell! But I also liked Bendis's Scott, Fraction's Scott, enjoyed what James Asmus did with him in Escape from the Negative Zone, liked the way Greg Pak wrote him in Astonishing.Even when he's guest starred in books, like Simon Spurrier's Legacy, Hopeless's Cable & X-Force or Greg Pak's X-Treme X-Men, I felt people worked really hard to make his presence in the book meaningful and to write him with insight.And Nicieza also, he did good.

For Scott, Simonsen and Ellis. Others did well with him on guest duty (Scott wasn't a MC but would appear in the book from time to time).

For Tyke, Rucka and Waid, although the first is hindered by his short stint and the second by the larger meta-narrative at the time. Plus Bendis from before Rucka's series. By the time he gets Scott back you can tell he is no longer interested.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Simonson, i forgot who wrote x men but with the 05. When Warren kisses Jean and she and tyke get lock away by magneto lol.
    Now that I think about it that is where Jeen and Tyke kissed. He beats up a T rex and gets a kissed from Jeen. I like that book xD
    Last edited by bell; 01-04-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Simonson, i forgot who wrote x men but with the 05. When Warren kisses Jean and she and tyke get lock away by magneto lol.
    Now that I think about it that is where Jeen and Tyke kissed. He beats up a T rex and gets a kissed from Jeen. I like that book xD
    Gotta be First Class or Season One, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    That's First Class, by Dennis Hopeless and Jamie McKelvie. Actually a very cool attempt to fit the X-Men into a more "modern" background. I'm quite fond of that book. Not anything GREAT, but it's a good read by all means.