218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 95 of 619 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm pretty much expecting pining for Jean. Still wish he could have a talk with Emma before that.

I do agree on Cyke experiencing the single life for a little longer.
    Same here. I wish Scott could develop more upon his return. I kinda don't want his second character arc after Uncanny to be Jean pining the whole time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I hope none of the people here harassed Rosenberg because he said he's basically leaving Twitter just a bit after the tweet, mentioning the hostility he's been feeling. That would be really low from anyone.

Also, we should start being nicer so he'll make an account here. Now I can't ask inane stuff about Cyclops to anyone on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I read the tweets to him. Most of them were simply pointing out logical inconsistencies.

I'm against this tbh. If a snowflake can't tell the difference between vitriol and constructive criticism, then I can't trust them with my favorite character. Let him leave Twitter so he can focus on his work; whatever helps him focus. But readers and disgruntled fans shouldn't have to baby his feelings if their criticism is actually valid or constructive.

There's no one calling out Brisson as a person but more like the MArvel company. Even then there's a bit of a back and forth on Cyke being right or wrong and the whole double storm thing.

But I'm confident no one here is going to go ape on Brisson even if we dislike the annual.
    TBH, Twitter is more brain cancer than YouTube comments, and that's saying a lot already.

Damage control lulz

I skimmed thru the article but I could feel the author's sweaty palms.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

So to slightly happier questions, anyone read Classic Xmen by Claremont?

Good get?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I don't tweet nor do I think particularly highly of stalking/harrassing folks on Twitter, but Rosenberg's defense of WrongClops was kind of hilariously lame.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...51678904426496

Because Jean took on the power without knowing what it did and sacrificed herself when she found out.
    After blowing up 4 billion brocoli people, but whatever, I'll play nice and let it slide.

Scott tried to get it,
    No, he didn't. A portion of the Phoenix force landed within him after a freak accident and Cyke went "You know what, mutantkind revival can wait. I'm going to try and make world peace an actual thing and help, like, BILLIONS OF NON-MUTANTS.

subjagated humanity,
    What? Where?

killed his mentor,
    He did. I mean, Xavier tried to put him in a psychic statis field so DPS-ers could critical hit the crap out of Scott, but whatever, screw context, Scott did technically kill Xavier.

sided with an ally who flooded a peaceful nation,
    Riiiiight. Because no one, NO ONE would ever side with an ally who flooded a peaceful nation...

supported imprisoning those who don't agree with him in hell...
    Riiiiiight. Because no one, NO ONE would ever support imprisoning those who don't agree with them in hell...
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-23-2019 at 08:21 PM.

It really looked like he took up the fight from a poor point of view, and when people corrected him, he tossed Brisson's name out there and bailed off Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I don't tweet nor do I think particularly highly of stalking/harrassing folks on Twitter, but Rosenberg's defense of WrongClops was kind of hilariously lame.

After blowing up 4 billion brocoli people, but whatever, I'll play nice and let it slide.

No, he didn't. A portion of the Phoenix force landed within him after a freak accident and Cyke went "You know what, mutantkind revival can wait. I'm going to try and make world peace an actual life and help, like, BILLIONS OF NON-MUTANTS.

What? Where?

He did. I mean, Xavier tried to put him in a psychic field so other people could try and kill Scott, but whatever, screw context, Scott did technically kill Xavier.

Riiiiight. Because no one, NO ONE would ever side with an ally who flooded a peaceful nation in the wake of AvX...

Riiiiiight. Because, no one, NO ONE would ever support imprisoning those who don't agree with them in hell...

No, he didn't. A portion of the Phoenix force landed within him after a freak accident and Cyke went "You know what, mutantkind revival can wait. I'm going to try and make world peace an actual life and help, like, BILLIONS OF NON-MUTANTS.

What? Where?

He did. I mean, Xavier tried to put him in a psychic statis field so other people could try to critical hit the crap out of Scott, but whatever, screw context, Scott did technically kill Xavier.

Riiiiight. Because no one, NO ONE would ever side with an ally who flooded a peaceful nation...

Riiiiiight. Because, no one, NO ONE would ever support imprisoning those who don't agree with them in hell...
    This is really bad damage control.

ANd oh my god:

And even the X-Men turned on him in the end. So, it's a little different. But also, people think Jean is a monster.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 01-23-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

And even the X-Men turned on him in the end. So, it's a little different. But also, people think Jean is a monster.
    I can't quite figure out his meaning. Is he saying X-Men Red didn't happen or is he saying X-Men Red DID happen and that the MU really, really hated her speeches that much?

I can't quite figure out his meaning. Is he saying X-Men Red didn't happen or is he saying X-Men Red DID happen and that the MU really, really hated her speeches that much?
    I think he's talking about fans, but that's just as dumb. Yes, there are fans who think Jean is a monster. There are also fans who think Laura is a stupid pointless character, Storm is a worthless character, and Gambit is a worthless monster. We generally don't listen to them, and we certainly don't write with them in mind.

ALso why are you guys posting about Rosenberg?

Brisson wrote the annual.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

ALso why are you guys posting about Rosenberg?

Brisson wrote the annual.
    Rosenberg stepped up to defend the Annual, gave the above responses, then bailed off Twitter when he caught heat for them.

Rosenberg stepped up to defend the Annual, gave the above responses, then bailed off Twitter when he caught heat for them.
    Ah. Poor guy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So what about that time Jean embraced the phoenix after knowing what it does? These explanations for why he's a monster out of everyone else don't seem to hold on their own.

Also, who knows at this point. Red felt really out of left field and has yet to be referenced as far as I know.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

But also, people think Jean is a monster.
    So... he didn't actually read anything with Jean in it since she came back, right?

I think he's talking about fans, but that's just as dumb. Yes, there are fans who think Jean is a monster. There are also fans who think Laura is a stupid pointless character, Storm is a worthless character, and Gambit is a worthless monster. We generally don't listen to them, and we certainly don't write with them in mind.
    Maybe? I dunno, he had to know his interlocutor was referring to factually unfair/utterly nonsensical canonical hatred, right? Bringing up the fact that folks on our plane of existence don't like Jeansus has absolutely nothing to do with the matter being debated.

Thus why I'm mock-theorizing this was a revisionist comment on how Jean totally wasn't written as a generic Disney Princess/Uber Saint in XMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So... he didn't actually read anything with Jean in it since she came back, right?
    Isn't that pretty much how Disassembled was written?

P.S. I'm actually only half-kidding.