View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 99 of 619 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 9276
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tonight with Tucker Carlson: Cyclops? Aren't those giants? Is Summers saying he wants to SQUISH humanity under his feet? Is this the face of mutantkind?
    Well, he did try to subjugate humanity. At some point. There's no actual on-panel proof of it, but folks working for Marvel say it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    BREAKING NEWS CAPTURED BY UBER-FEMINIST SALVADOR LARROCA: Scott Summers caught on camera checking the weather on TV! Perhaps to plan for his next terrorist attack? Cloudy with a chance crazy! Where is the civility?
    LMAO. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Insert rehashed argument on whether comicbook writers should actually know who and what they're writing vs what the heck do editors actually do?
    It goes beyond that. I mean, how the heck could one forget/not know of Cyclops' plan to make sure everyone on Earth would eventually have two meals a day and a roof over their head? Heck, that's the entire reason why Hope defected. Cyke denied her the Phoenix because he was too busy trying to help non-mutants. So she beat him up, shut down his non-mutants-helping initiatives and, huh, restored mutantkind...?

Clearly, this is about Marvel not getting the memo on how folks can easily spot fake news in 2019. Oh well. Rude awakening and all that.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-24-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It goes beyond that. I mean, how the heck could one forget/not know of Cyclops' plan to make sure everyone on Earth would eventually have two meals a day and a roof over their head? Heck, that's the entire reason why Hope defected. Cyke denied her the Phoenix because he was too busy trying to help non-mutants. So she beat him up, shut down his non-mutants-helping initiatives and, huh, restored mutantkind...?

Clearly, this is about Marvel not getting the memo on how folks can easily spot fake news in 2019. Oh well. Rude awakening and all that.
    AvX is pretty much a meme at this point, but it's sad when that meme makes more sense / is more internally-consistent than everything post-Stupid Wars. Like, idk, working in Marvel's gotta be the easiest job in the world-- just make sure you turn off all social media.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Ok So I’m probably going to vet a bit of hate for what I’m gonna say here.... But... UNCANNY ANNUAL SPOILERS AHEAD:

spoilers:
    Cyclops WAS Wrong... To An Extent... Yes, Ge did what he had to to save his Race and Yes that was absolutely the Right Call, But when he did that Cyclops abandoned the Hope that Kid Cable talked about, He made the Right calls but it cost him everything it meant to be an X-Man because he gabe up on the Idea that the X-Men are meant to protect PEOPLE not just Mutants. Thats what Kid Cable’s Test was about, If this was the Cyclops that died, He’d have gone to save the X-Men and Mutantkind. But Scott chose to go save Paul, That was the Point. Cable wanted to restore Scott’s Focus to where it was before Mutants were on the Verge of Extinction. So in a way Cyclops admitting he was wrong (for abandoning the X-Men’s Mission to Protect ALL FORMS OF PEOPLE- Humans and Mutants) does make him right, He knows he has to fix that and he has to do it as an X-Man.
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Ok So I’m probably going to vet a bit of hate for what I’m gonna say here.... But... UNCANNY ANNUAL SPOILERS AHEAD:

spoilers:
    Cyclops WAS Wrong... To An Extent... Yes, Ge did what he had to to save his Race and Yes that was absolutely the Right Call, But when he did that Cyclops abandoned the Hope that Kid Cable talked about, He made the Right calls but it cost him everything it meant to be an X-Man because he gabe up on the Idea that the X-Men are meant to protect PEOPLE not just Mutants. Thats what Kid Cable’s Test was about, If this was the Cyclops that died, He’d have gone to save the X-Men and Mutantkind. But Scott chose to go save Paul, That was the Point. Cable wanted to restore Scott’s Focus to where it was before Mutants were on the Verge of Extinction. So in a way Cyclops admitting he was wrong (for abandoning the X-Men’s Mission to Protect ALL FORMS OF PEOPLE- Humans and Mutants) does make him right, He knows he has to fix that and he has to do it as an X-Man.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, except that didn't happen. Or did you not read Bendis' Uncanny? "Cyclops only cared about mutants and not humans" is revisionist horseshit.

You really think Cyclops ever became as bad as the people he fought against? REALLY?!

I have been reading X-books since 1988. Cyclops was NEVER a villain and the only thing he did that MIGHT put him in that category was under the influence of The Phoenix Force.
    And THAT was the fault of The Avengers. LET'S BE REAL! Tony Stark tried caused that **** and The Avengers needed to mind their damn business. Emma and Namor may have been
    trippin' on Phoenix power, but my man, Cyclops, was actually in control and quite chill.
    I wish he blasted out of that grave and said, "**** ERRYBODY!"

My question...Are he and Jean still TECHNICALLY married?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Yeah, except that didn't happen. Or did you not read Bendis' Uncanny? "Cyclops only cared about mutants and not humans" is revisionist horseshit.

You really think Cyclops ever became as bad as the people he fought against? REALLY?!
    He certainly prioritised Mutants. I’ve hated the last few years as much as anyone on this thread and I’m not comparing him to someone like Magneto. Cyclops was right to defend his race but Cyclops did abandon the X-Mens Mission to an extent, and certainly Xavier’s Dream
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    He certainly prioritised Mutants. I’ve hated the last few years as much as anyone on this thread and I’m not comparing him to someone like Magneto. Cyclops was right to defend his race but Cyclops did abandon the X-Mens Mission to an extent, and certainly Xavier’s Dream
    He didn't abandon X-Men's missi-

It's about the stupid speeches, isn't it?

BANNED

If Cyclops was as bad as people make him out to be, then the X-Men are a bunch of bumbling morons for never stopping him until AvX. For a forum where people constantly talk about how everyone has better powers and, therefore, is better suited for leadership than Scott, people sure make him more than he was. I guess he had massive amounts of big d*ck energy so nobody could stand up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I have been reading X-books since 1988. Cyclops was NEVER a villain and the only thing he did that MIGHT put him in that category was under the influence of The Phoenix Force.
    And THAT was the fault of The Avengers. LET'S BE REAL! Tony Stark tried caused that **** and The Avengers needed to mind their damn business. Emma and Namor may have been
    trippin' on Phoenix power, but my man, Cyclops, was actually in control and quite chill.
    I wish he blasted out of that grave and said, "**** ERRYBODY!"

No, Scott refers to Jean many times as "my wife" and Jean to him as "my husband" but Scott has been in a long relationship with Emma after Jean's death and technically marriage is up to death, so Jean's death would have meant the end of marriage.
    If after they are reunited they decide to act as if nothing had happened and to be together again as if they were still married is fine but I think that legally they wouldn't be a marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If Cyclops was as bad as people make him out to be, then the X-Men are a bunch of bumbling morons for never stopping him until AvX. For a forum where people constantly talk about how everyone has better powers and, therefore, is better suited for leadership than Scott, people sure make him more than he was. I guess he had massive amounts of big d*ck energy so nobody could stand up to him.
    This. If Cyclops was a villain, then the X-Men were cowards who didn’t have balls to take him down. Before or after AvX, they let a villain get away multiple times, then they were extremely ineffective and weak.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Cyclops was right but that doesn't mean he's correct

BANNED

I forgot to comment before, but Fluffy's new avatar is breathing life into this place and I automatically start laughing before I even read whatever he posts (not saying I don't take you seriously, bud. It's just the freaking picture).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well the book was pretty obvious that AvX to IvX was a bad spot on Scott's record. People just want to jump on Brisson's case. He should switch with Spencer.
    "Cable was right!"

god I wanna jump on spencer's case -- I-I mean -- Yeah, switch 'em out for Spencer!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Sadly they're not. The marriage ended with Jean's dead.