Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Coming Back from San Diego Comic Con, it's absolutely remarkable that I saw so many Miles Morales Costume. To be honest, I think I saw more Miles Morales and Spider Gwen costume than any other costume at Comic Con. Into the Spider Verse really brought these characters to a whole new level.
    I know cosplayers love that Spider-Gwen costume .

Makes me wonder how far off we are from adult, late 20's, Miles...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder how far off we are from adult, late 20's, Miles...
    With Miles headed back into the Spider-Verse, I'm sure we'll end up seeing another older alternate version of him at some point.

Issue #8 is also heading back for a second printing.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, you know what might be fun? An AU where Miles and Peter's roles are reversed. Miles is the late 20s experienced Spidey and Peter's the teenager just starting out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, you know what might be fun? An AU where Miles and Peter's roles are reversed. Miles is the late 20s experienced Spidey and Peter's the teenager just starting out.
    Sounds preferable then making them the same age in my opinion.

I don't think that a grown Miles is a bad thing. I love the way he's more assertive now and would like to see a fully powered and confident Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't think that a grown Miles is a bad thing. I love the way he's more assertive now and would like to see a fully powered and confident Miles.
    I'd like to see that to, but I'd rather see a steady development for Miles over the course of several stories as opposed to him being really assertive and confident as Spider-Man with no real build up to it. Although if its just an AU then yeah I'm all for it.
    Last edited by Modamy; 07-23-2019 at 02:55 PM.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing older Miles. We've seen an older version a few times, but it was only worth noting on one occasion.

I'm hoping we see an earth where Miles was the supportive best friend to Ganke who became a superhero instead.

On Earth 65 Jefferson was Scorpion so it would be fun to see Miles deal with that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

October is going to be a busy month for Miles:

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #11

SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by Mike Hawthorne
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY MIRKA ANDOLFO
    • Ultimatum is here and New York doesn’t know what hit it.
    • In chasing this mysterious man from a mysterious place, Miles finds himself in a VERY awkward situation involving his Uncle.
    • And when something huge happens, Miles finds himself with a dilemma that could threaten everything Miles holds dear.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #3 (of 3)

SALADIN AHMED (W)
    FEDERICO VINCENTINI (A)
    Cover by Clayton Crain
    Connecting Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Codex Variant Cover by TBA
    THREATS WITHIN AND WITHOUT!
    • A serial killer released from Ravencroft, the commands of Carnage, J. Jonah Jameson, and SILVER SABLE!
    • Miles must wrestle all of these while his mind is not his own!
    • Will a connection to the Cult of Carnage’s collective subconscious give him an edge that pays off in the greater war? Or will that two-way connection compromise Spider-Man--fatally?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-VERSE #1 (OF 6)

JED MACKAY (W) • JUAN FRIGERI with ARTHUR ADAMS, STUART IMMONEN,
    STACEY LEE & MORE! (A) • Cover by WENDELL DALIT
    Variant Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    8-PART CONNECTING VARIANT COVER A - BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    • Miles Morales finally feels like he GETS this Spider-Man stuff… and then falls through a portal!
    • But isn’t the WEB OF LIFE & DESTINY destroyed? Maybe not, True Believer. But who spun this new web?
    • Regardless, Miles finds himself at the center of a multiversal adventure that will feature a who’s who of creators and characters as the series spins forward!
    • And with a main cover by INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE character designer WENDELL DALIT!!!
    • And each issue features #SPIDERSONAS from some of the biggest Spidey fans and comic creators both!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #10
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    • The next generation made a vow to do better.
    • Now, they have to live up to it, as the future of the Champions hangs in the balance.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & JASON LATOUR
    Penciled by SARA PICHELLI, NICO LEON,
    SZYMON KUDRANSKI, OSCAR BAZALDUA
    & ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2020
    Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Miles Morales! Visionary writer Brian Michael Bendis completes his eighteen-year association with wall-crawlers by bringing the Ultimate Spider-Man to a brand-new life on a brand-new world — and not everything is how it was! Miles will have to find his feet quickly, though, when he goes up against one of the biggest bads in the Marvel Universe! Then, the villainous Black Cat plots to get her claws in this new Spidey — but will Miles find romance with the other-dimensional Spider-Gwen? And Spidey finds himself caught in the middle when Marvel’s heroes square off in a second Civil War! Plus: The secret history of Miles’ dad…Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.! And a familiar face returns — along with an all-new, all-deadly Sinister Six! Collecting SPIDER-MAN (2016) #1-21 and #234-240, and SPIDER-GWEN (2015B) #16-18.
    624 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92288-7 Trim size: oversized
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    October is going to be a busy month for Miles:

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #11

SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by Mike Hawthorne
    MARY JANE VARIANT COVER BY MIRKA ANDOLFO
    • Ultimatum is here and New York doesn’t know what hit it.
    • In chasing this mysterious man from a mysterious place, Miles finds himself in a VERY awkward situation involving his Uncle.
    • And when something huge happens, Miles finds himself with a dilemma that could threaten everything Miles holds dear.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #3 (of 3)

SALADIN AHMED (W)
    FEDERICO VINCENTINI (A)
    Cover by Clayton Crain
    Connecting Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Codex Variant Cover by TBA
    THREATS WITHIN AND WITHOUT!
    • A serial killer released from Ravencroft, the commands of Carnage, J. Jonah Jameson, and SILVER SABLE!
    • Miles must wrestle all of these while his mind is not his own!
    • Will a connection to the Cult of Carnage’s collective subconscious give him an edge that pays off in the greater war? Or will that two-way connection compromise Spider-Man--fatally?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-VERSE #1 (OF 6)

JED MACKAY (W) • JUAN FRIGERI with ARTHUR ADAMS, STUART IMMONEN,
    STACEY LEE & MORE! (A) • Cover by WENDELL DALIT
    Variant Cover by PATRICK BROWN
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    8-PART CONNECTING VARIANT COVER A - BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    • Miles Morales finally feels like he GETS this Spider-Man stuff… and then falls through a portal!
    • But isn’t the WEB OF LIFE & DESTINY destroyed? Maybe not, True Believer. But who spun this new web?
    • Regardless, Miles finds himself at the center of a multiversal adventure that will feature a who’s who of creators and characters as the series spins forward!
    • And with a main cover by INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE character designer WENDELL DALIT!!!
    • And each issue features #SPIDERSONAS from some of the biggest Spidey fans and comic creators both!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CHAMPIONS #10
    JIM ZUB (W) • STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    • The next generation made a vow to do better.
    • Now, they have to live up to it, as the future of the Champions hangs in the balance.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & JASON LATOUR
    Penciled by SARA PICHELLI, NICO LEON,
    SZYMON KUDRANSKI, OSCAR BAZALDUA
    & ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2020
    Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Miles Morales! Visionary writer Brian Michael Bendis completes his eighteen-year association with wall-crawlers by bringing the Ultimate Spider-Man to a brand-new life on a brand-new world — and not everything is how it was! Miles will have to find his feet quickly, though, when he goes up against one of the biggest bads in the Marvel Universe! Then, the villainous Black Cat plots to get her claws in this new Spidey — but will Miles find romance with the other-dimensional Spider-Gwen? And Spidey finds himself caught in the middle when Marvel’s heroes square off in a second Civil War! Plus: The secret history of Miles’ dad…Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.! And a familiar face returns — along with an all-new, all-deadly Sinister Six! Collecting SPIDER-MAN (2016) #1-21 and #234-240, and SPIDER-GWEN (2015B) #16-18.
    624 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92288-7 Trim size: oversized
    So Ultimatum brings in Ultimate Prowler? Who now has a cape for movie synergy?

Miles and Sable should be interesting. They've been in the same media but have never interacted and she has barely any history with him. I guess it would be like Peter and Sable's old dynamic except with zero chance they'll makeout at some point.

Maybe Aaron was originally a Prowler knock-off in 616 before becoming Iron Spider and after selling the suit he's going back. I think there were other guys who took the Prowler identity from Hobie for one reason or another. Also him being a second Prowler works pretty well with Miles being a second Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Maybe Aaron was originally a Prowler knock-off in 616 before becoming Iron Spider and after selling the suit he's going back. I think there were other guys who took the Prowler identity from Hobie for one reason or another. Also him being a second Prowler works pretty well with Miles being a second Spider-Man.
    Now I just imagine Aaron committing crimes in a Prowler suit and poor Hobie gets blamed for it .

Incredible Member

Uh, does the Champions description sound kinda final cancel-y to anyone else? Its so vauge....