Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 418187888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1392

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Haven't we killed off enough spiders in these events?

Marvel comics clearly doesn’t think so
    Watch it be a couple of fan favorites again

Incredible Member

I’m a big Ben Reilly fan, so when I saw the Spider-Verse movie, I thought it was Ben in that Miles universe for a split-second. I kinda like the idea of maybe having Ben become a sometimes cast member of Miles. I’ve been following Miles since they first introduced him, and really, comic Miles and Peter don’t really to seem to have “that” kinda relationship. Ben could get a job at the school as a professor since he has all the credentials from working with Trainer. Mikes would have someone near by that could keep his web-fluid always ready using the facilities supplies.

Plus it would be cool to kinda have Ben in a regular book again, so a win for me, lol.

Marvel likes to keep all of the other spiders as far away from Peter as possible and as a result he ends up looking like kind of a jerk for not at least keeping in touch with Ben, Kaine, and even Miles. I think it would be cool to see the "other" Spider-Men get to interact and develop friendships with one another without having Peter around. I loved Spider-Geddon for ditching Peter and focusing on Miles, Otto, and Ben (to a lesser extent). A team book featuring Ben, Kaine, Miles, and Miguel would be my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’m a big Ben Reilly fan, so when I saw the Spider-Verse movie, I thought it was Ben in that Miles universe for a split-second. I kinda like the idea of maybe having Ben become a sometimes cast member of Miles. I’ve been following Miles since they first introduced him, and really, comic Miles and Peter don’t really to seem to have “that” kinda relationship. Ben could get a job at the school as a professor since he has all the credentials from working with Trainer. Mikes would have someone near by that could keep his web-fluid always ready using the facilities supplies.

Plus it would be cool to kinda have Ben in a regular book again, so a win for me, lol.
    There's a much simpler solution to the web fluid. Gwen had shooters with infinite ammo, but she no longer needs them as she now uses a symbiote. She could just give them to Miles.

But they won't, because running out of web fluid creates drama.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a much simpler solution to the web fluid. Gwen had shooters with infinite ammo, but she no longer needs them as she now uses a symbiote. She could just give them to Miles.

But they won't, because running out of web fluid creates drama.
    Exactly.

That said, I will admit to liking the idea of a Spider-Verse not necessarily centered around Peter Parker, and I could see a Battle for the Cowl/Reign of the Supermen scenario where Peter's out of commission and the other Spider-Men, especially Miles, have to figure out how to go on without him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly.

That said, I will admit to liking the idea of a Spider-Verse not necessarily centered around Peter Parker, and I could see a Battle for the Cowl/Reign of the Supermen scenario where Peter's out of commission and the other Spider-Men, especially Miles, have to figure out how to go on without him.
    I don’t think a Battle for the Cowl type story would work with the Spiders. They’re just not that tight of a group. If Peter died or disappeared I could imagine a few of them getting sad or trying to find him, but it wouldn’t really affect them too much since Peter has no role in any of their day-to-day lives. New York also has plenty of other heroes to pick up the slack if Peter was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I don’t think a Battle for the Cowl type story would work with the Spiders. They’re just not that tight of a group. If Peter died or disappeared I could imagine a few of them getting sad or trying to find him, but it wouldn’t really affect them too much since Peter has no role in any of their day-to-day lives. New York also has plenty of other heroes to pick up the slack if Peter was gone.
    That's a good point.

Incredible Member

I don' think its even a question that Miles is Peter's de facto immediate successor and any other character trying to overturn that would just be starting s**t for no reason. At most maybe characters like Ben and Kaine would hammer on Miles to really make sure that he's suitable but thats about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good point.
    It is. However, something like "Batlle for the Cowl" is really stupid to begin with. For start, Spider-Man has nothing to do Batman (unless we count the whole Arachknight thing); and certainly, Batman is not a title worthy to fight for it, more like buried it. Batman has fallen so low in the last years, that he doesn't deserve to exist anymore after everything he has done. Spider-Man, on the other hand, is a complete different story; but Peter would never approve people fighting over his identity, because that would ruin the first rule about being Spider-Man. And besides, no one can really replace Spider-Man because no one can replace Peter Parker, not even a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I don' think its even a question that Miles is Peter's de facto immediate successor and any other character trying to overturn that would just be starting s**t for no reason. At most maybe characters like Ben and Kaine would hammer on Miles to really make sure that he's suitable but thats about it.
    Yeah, that's a very good point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It is. However, something like "Batlle for the Cowl" is really stupid to begin with. For start, Spider-Man has nothing to do Batman (unless we count the whole Arachknight thing); and certainly, Batman is not a title worthy to fight for it, more like buried it. Batman has fallen so low in the last years, that he doesn't deserve to exist anymore after everything he has done. Spider-Man, on the other hand, is a complete different story; but Peter would never approve people fighting over his identity, because that would ruin the first rule about being Spider-Man. And besides, no one can really replace Spider-Man because no one can replace Peter Parker, not even a clone.
    Of course not. Succeed him, yes. Replace him, no.

No one can replace Peter Parker but Miles already replaced the mantle of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No one can replace Peter Parker but Miles already replaced the mantle of Spider-Man.
    That's fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    There isn't even a question of succession when there are two, active, Spider-Men swinging around New York at the same time and in completely separate narratives.

Miles' narrative just happens to acknowledge Peter a little more then Peter's narrative acknowledges Miles. But there's not really a point of succession when Peter is alive while Miles is active.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

It’s kinda redundant for Miles to have a battle for the cowl storyline anyways. What’s he gonna do ? Chang his suit to Peter’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    It’s kinda redundant for Miles to have a battle for the cowl storyline anyways. What’s he gonna do ? Chang his suit to Peter’s?
    That's a good point, although when Dick Grayson became Batman, he did subtly modify the costume.